I wonder why we have different size upgrades. Mine was around 53 mb.

Posted via CB10
    Carrier-related app updates ?
    04-12-13 07:17 AM
    For people on BES and Domino the upgrade is extremely needed.
    10.0.10.99 is still not out for Rogers and is required to fix Meeting Invites
    sbmd, theguz4l and BekNazar like this.
    04-12-13 07:41 AM
    1.43 GB being transferred back by using the USB 2.0..
    Why don't phone manufacturers make it USB 3.0?
    would be faster.
    04-12-13 07:52 AM
    enjoy all stl100-2+stl100-3 user
    https://mega.co.nz/#!d8lEBTpY!HftlGm..._dWiuZO6S671wE

this is debrick loader so do backup all data app setings before apply
    Works perfect on my Bell Z10.

NEW FINDING: APN can be changed,
    Carrier: Bell

Previously the APN for the BlackBerry Z10 could NOT be changed, now with this update from AT&T (had an AT&T SIM laying around) the APN can be changed

Attachment 150355
    Now my APN can be changed as well.

Gonna try my Bell sim card from my Galaxy S3 and see if Data works right now. Its provisioned for non Blackberry Data plans.
    04-12-13 07:58 AM
    Installed last night with no problems. Thanks so much for making and uploading the loader!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:06 AM
    Can anyone see the Gmail "All Mail"?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:08 AM
    Yup my pda provisioned sim works fine on the Z10 on the Bell network.
    04-12-13 08:29 AM
    Works perfect on my Bell Z10.

Now my APN can be changed as well.

Gonna try my Bell sim card from my Galaxy S3 and see if Data works right now. Its provisioned for non Blackberry Data plans.
    Works on my TELUS Z10 as well and the APN is now editable too.
    Smitty13 and kccman like this.
    04-12-13 08:31 AM
    I am using BB Link on a Mac. Works fine in general. My Z10 is completely backed up.

Link now sees the AT&T OS update, and wants to install it, but gets stuck on downloading it--the bar never moves, as if it isn't DL'ing anything. I'm hesitant to do an OTA OS update because my ATT signal is so weak where I am right now.

Is this update /supposed/ to be done OTA as opposed to via Link? Would the Windows Link be better to use? i have a Windows VM on my Mac but in the past have had problems with a 9810 not holding the connection when updating an OS in a Windows VM.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    04-12-13 08:50 AM
    When I updated using Link on a PC, the bar sat at zero for a long time. Luckily I got a phone call or I would have gotten impatient! In the end it loaded and the OS works well.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:58 AM
    I'm hesitant to do an OTA OS update because my ATT signal is so weak where I am right now.
    Use wifi to do OTA
    04-12-13 09:07 AM
    I spoke too soon, I think... 50% in 4 hours
    04-12-13 10:13 AM
    Downloaded this upcoming earlier today. It fixes the email issues related to outbound email through some hosted providers (we are hosted by network solutions).

Good job Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:33 AM
    Battery life, so far today, much improved.
    04-12-13 10:35 AM
    I think I have noticed the changes mentioned but my OS version under Settings still reads the stock T-Mobile 10.0.10.822, is this right or have I not actually updated?
    04-12-13 10:49 AM
    Battery life, so far today, much improved.
    Really? Good for you man, wish I was seeing that... Did you wipe your device at all?
    04-12-13 10:52 AM
    HURRY.

UP.

VERIZON!

Watch, 10.1 will come out "end of April" as we keep hearing about, but VZW won't release the Q10 till summer (which I had read about somewhere in the past) and 10.1 for the Z10 will be released in September. Why? Because they suck and are complete liars about their "rigorous testing process".

/rant.
    04-12-13 11:19 AM
    Because they suck and are complete liars!
    VERY easy fix, Port your number to a different provider.........

AT&T has worked extremely well for me, and my Z10 has worked without any issues, other than the ones anyone would expect from an early released device!

Matt
    04-12-13 11:28 AM
    I am using BB Link on a Mac. Works fine in general. My Z10 is completely backed up.

Link now sees the AT&T OS update, and wants to install it, but gets stuck on downloading it--the bar never moves, as if it isn't DL'ing anything. I'm hesitant to do an OTA OS update because my ATT signal is so weak where I am right now.

Is this update /supposed/ to be done OTA as opposed to via Link? Would the Windows Link be better to use? i have a Windows VM on my Mac but in the past have had problems with a 9810 not holding the connection when updating an OS in a Windows VM.

I used link and it definitely did take a while to pull up.

For those with battery life issues, just let the new os settle in a little first.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 11:30 AM
    I used link and it definitely did take a while to pull up.

For those with battery life issues, just let the new os settle in a little first.

Posted via CB10
    OK--thanks very much to everyone who replied to my post.
    04-12-13 11:40 AM
    I am trying to monitor my battery more carefully as I have noticed fluctuations in the past. Battery has really been my only concern on my device (no reboots, or other random things happening). Right now I am 5.5hours and at 80% which seems pretty good so far!

Cheers!
    04-12-13 11:40 AM

It didn't allow me to update over carrier data anyway, it said I should update OTA with WIFI on. Anyway, It is a slow update- I didn't check, but I think it was about 45 minutes for the all process to complete.
    04-12-13 11:52 AM
    I am trying to monitor my battery more carefully as I have noticed fluctuations in the past. Battery has really been my only concern on my device (no reboots, or other random things happening). Right now I am 5.5hours and at 80% which seems pretty good so far!

Cheers!
    That's very good! I'm almost at 6 hours, battery at 40%.. That is my one and only complaint about the Z. Once I can buy a battery case for it, I'll be happy as can be!
    04-12-13 11:57 AM
    I've been monitoring my battery today, also. I took it off the charger around 9:45 this morning. Used it to do some reading for about 30 minutes on the train. Also sent a few texts. From 11-12, it was just sitting in my pocket and the only app open was Battery Guru. Wifi on and connected. For whatever reason, it was draining 5-5.5W of power in when I took it out to check. It was at around 90% at 11 and by 12 it was down to 79%. From there, in about 15-20 minutes of complete inactivity, it went to 75% through 0.7W of power consumption. Finally, I decided to reboot the phone (only the second time I've had to reboot the device) and now, at 1:25 PM, it's a 70% and has been holding there for the last 10-15 minutes or so, showing only 0.1W of power consumption (which I suppose is normal or even pretty good).

I think I may have an app that's causing this drain. I'll have to do some investigation, but in the mean time, because of the stabilization, it does seem that battery life has improved. Normally I'd be around 50-65% by this time with much lighter usage than today. I normally recharge for about an hour in the middle of the day (and I still end up with around 20-30% before 5PM), but today I'm purposefully skipping a recharge to test out the battery. So far, so good, I guess.

I really hope that BlackBerry or a third-party developer can add granular power consumption readings. There needs to be a way to see (and terminate) unwanted backgound processes.

UPDATE: 4 hours through and 68% remaining. Much better than before the update!!
    Last edited by FlashFlare11; 04-12-13 at 12:46 PM.
    eshadiq likes this.
    04-12-13 12:25 PM
    Did someone get a problem like me after upgrading?
    Everytime I received a text, it will display a wrong sender. So weird.
    What should I do now?
    04-12-13 12:45 PM
478 ... 89101112 ...