Ummm so is y mobile late to the party? I'm on 10.85 battery improvement would be very nice.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:48 AM
    Ummm so is y mobile late to the party? I'm on 10.85 battery improvement would be very nice.

Posted via CB10
    T-mobile*

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-14-13 07:49 AM
    I've had the update for about 2 days now and my battery is still pretty crap, I have to charge it midday when the phone is idle. I guess the reception sucks at work but even on a normal day when I'm at home and I'm on the phone for most of the day, it lasts 8ish hours.

It's fully charged and off the charger and I delete some emails, answer some whatsapp msgs, texts and BBMs, check instagram, cb10, and twitter. Then I continue to browse instagram for an hour and ok cool, my battery is at 80 %.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:52 AM
    I just updated via the .exe file.
    I cannot see the release number says "no information available ".
    Contacts still reset their settings after restart.
    Other than that still evaluating....

AT&T 10.0.10.116 Update-img_00000045.png

Posted via my beloved Zeeeeeeee
    Last edited by akavbb; 04-15-13 at 06:29 AM.
    04-14-13 08:02 AM
    The OS rendered most of my games unusable (from totally not working to crashing to sound stopping mid game). For now, I'll just restore to factory settings and reload to .90. My device is running pretty decent actually, it's just that the lure of a new OS update is so irresistible. 'course I also was hoping for improvements in battery. But it's 90% the former.

Tough luck. I'm running STL-102 btw. For those who didn't have issues and are not on AT&T, damn*t.
    04-14-13 08:56 AM
    I've had the update for about 2 days now and my battery is still pretty crap, I have to charge it midday when the phone is idle. I guess the reception sucks at work but even on a normal day when I'm at home and I'm on the phone for most of the day, it lasts 8ish hours.

It's fully charged and off the charger and I delete some emails, answer some whatsapp msgs, texts and BBMs, check instagram, cb10, and twitter. Then I continue to browse instagram for an hour and ok cool, my battery is at 80 %.

Posted via CB10
    I had a similar problem where battery life at work was much worse then at home, even though use patterns are similar. I found when I stopped using Wi-Fi at work my battery life improved dramatically. It appears the latest update from AT&T fixed that.

I speculate since my Z10 is on the same network as the Exchange server while at work, ActiveSync is much more active. With the Wi-Fi more active, the battery is drained faster. Had the update not fixed the problem, I was going to try tracking the problem down. Since I no longer have the problem, I can't investigate it further.
    04-14-13 09:07 AM
    Got the update for stl100-2, just looking but... does anyone remember where the "Keep emails for 30 Days" option is? Can't find it now

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:09 AM
    The OS rendered most of my games unusable (from totally not working to crashing to sound stopping mid game). For now, I'll just restore to factory settings and reload to .90. My device is running pretty decent actually, it's just that the lure of a new OS update is so irresistible. 'course I also was hoping for improvements in battery. But it's 90% the former.

Tough luck. I'm running STL-102 btw. For those who didn't have issues and are not on AT&T, damn*t.
    Same here. The update made things worse not better. I'm tired of wiping I will probably just wait for a fix.
    04-14-13 09:14 AM
    Posted in another thread, but I think it's appropriate here, too ...

I updated to 10.0.10.116 Thursday night; battery life on Friday was relatively phenomenal. Before that, I'd barely make it through the day (not much worse than I'd been doing with my 9900); some days I'd have to slap it on the charger before leaving work to make sure it would last through the drive home. This past Friday, the first full day with the new OS, battery was at 67% when I left work. I forgot to put it on the charger before I conked out for the night; by 10:00 Saturday morning I was still at 41% -- that was about 27 hours off the charger with one full work day in between.

It probably still depends on what apps you use and what else you do regularly; but in my case, this update provided a huge improvement in battery life.

Edit: I also hadn't had a self-reboot since a week ago Thursday after having five (that I know of) in the two weeks prior; and no reboots (yet) since the upgrade.
    04-14-13 09:27 AM
    So its not for t-mobile?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:34 AM
    Oh, this reminds me, I had another question (which has probably been asked answered already). But, do apps like CB10 and N4BB update automatically even when closed? I normally close all Active Frames before locking the device so would settings apps like these to update manually make noticeable a difference?
    Currently no "normal" apps update anything when they are closed. The headless API's are not available for developers yet...

BUT - there still exist one option for apps to auto update, and that is if they are registered to use BlackBerry Push service. Then the user will get notification that something updated on the app, and as soon as you Open the app - the data will be ready for you... WhatsApp is one app using this, Twitter, Facebook etc...
    04-14-13 10:26 AM
    Since the update BlackBerry world does NOT produce the "Star " when there is no update.

One fix done. Who o o o o hooooo.

04-14-13 10:30 AM
    I can also confirm that this update virtually completely breaks most games. Out of all of my games that I play, I can only launch Eufloria. Circle Pie, Autumn Dynasty, Bejeweled 2, etc. all fail to launch. However, phone as a functional communication device is a lot better, as is the battery life so I am staying with this OS for now. I rarely use it for gaming anyways.

Not sure what changed to cause all the games to break though. It's a rather interesting bug. Must have something to do with underlying changes to OpenGL or the like.

Edit: Eufloria worked when I fist launched it. Now it too fails to launch. I think a reboot may be in order and then I will see what happens. If my suspicion is correct, after a reboot I will be able of launch one of the above games, which means some resources are not getting released correctly.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:38 AM
    I'm not having the problems with games that a lot are reporting. That's quite strange.

As for battery, off the charger at 6 PM. I didn't charge last night. At 47% and approaching 18 hours after the last charge. That's also with 8 apps open and running background updates. Phenomenal!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:49 AM
    Same here no problem with games

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 11:16 AM
    10.0.10.90 here in UK

Posted via BB Z10
    04-14-13 11:41 AM
    I notice a huge battery improvement with this update, and that instagram runs a lot more smoothly. But my phone still restarts, twice today already *sigh*.

EDIT: Make that three times today. It's way more frequent than before the update, never more than once in a day.
    Last edited by EsJayDee; 04-14-13 at 01:04 PM.
    04-14-13 12:34 PM
    10.0.10.90 here in UK

Posted via BB Z10
    Download the. exe from MEGA. It's working fine on our stl.

04-14-13 12:42 PM
    Got the update for stl100-2, just looking but... does anyone remember where the "Keep emails for 30 Days" option is? Can't find it now

Posted via CB10
    In email settings. Still 30 days
    cshort0982 likes this.
    04-14-13 01:20 PM
    I am running kindle and waze and have no battery drain issues
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    04-14-13 01:20 PM
    Thanks for posting this! I'm weary about adding some of the Android apps back, but it seems that Kindle and Waze are safe. I made a post earlier in the thread about the apps I deleted and what's still remaining. After yesterday's "Clean Up", my batter life's been fantastic!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:38 PM
    So its not for t-mobile?
    Doesn't seem to be; not yet anyway.
    04-14-13 02:34 PM
    I notice a huge battery improvement with this update, and that instagram runs a lot more smoothly. But my phone still restarts, twice today already *sigh*.

EDIT: Make that three times today. It's way more frequent than before the update, never more than once in a day.
    So my device restarts on its own from time to time too, but I've been wondering about this new update in regards to sideloaded apps(like instagram, kik ect..) because the random restarts and keyboard failure(trying to type and getting word recommendations without any letters showing up) are happening to me more than I see anyone here mention.

Anyone think we should probably ask for new z10s?
    04-14-13 04:08 PM
    I'm on AT&T, but with a Bell unlocked Z10 I got in mid-Feb, on .85 (Rogers update) and running great with very good battery life and no reboots. I'm kind of in the "if it ain't broke..." mindset, and also am concerned about losing options like tethering and mobile hotspot. Do those still show up as options in the network settings on this OS?
    04-14-13 04:25 PM
    Since the update BlackBerry world does NOT produce the "Star " when there is no update.

One fix done. Who o o o o hooooo.

For me fix was temporary. Star start reappear again after blackberry pushed update for twitter and is on every 2 time I open blackberry world.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 04:52 PM
478 ... 1415161718 ...