So apps like CB, Facebook and Twitter really hit me hard. I was seeing 1.4-1.6 drains. Now, on average, CB is like .7- 1 watt, and Facebook and Twitter are about 1-1.2 now. After the update, my OCD got the better of me and I reformatted my z10 from scratch. Keep in mind that there is a lot of syncing going on but here is my usage since then. Most of this was on LTE too since my school's Internet signal sucks in the physics building:

Attachment 150435

I'm hopeful that this is indicative of something.

Posted via CB on my sexy Zee 10
    That's six hours of pretty heavy usage and you're still at 63%? That's awesome! I got to around that much after 4 hours on very light use. Hopefully tomorrow will be a different story.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:07 PM
    That explains it when RIM counldnt Thanks
    04-11-13 11:18 PM
    NEW FINDING: APN can be changed,
    Carrier: Bell

Previously the APN for the BlackBerry Z10 could NOT be changed, now with this update from AT&T (had an AT&T SIM laying around) the APN can be changed

Attachment 150355
    I have been following the APN issue very closely and this is the first I have heard of APN settings being opened up on previously locked carriers. Has Bell not officially rolled this update out for their phones yet? Seems odd that this AT&T update lets you on Bell now change the APN settings but users on AT&T are locked out :S I wonder if this will change anything for prepaid customers on GoPhone and the like that had incorrect APN settings?
    04-11-13 11:28 PM
    I have been following the APN issue very closely and this is the first I have heard of APN settings being opened up on previously locked carriers. Has Bell not officially rolled this update out for their phones yet? Seems odd that this AT&T update lets you on Bell now change the APN settings but users on AT&T are locked out :S I wonder if this will change anything for prepaid customers on GoPhone and the like that had incorrect APN settings?
    Quite interesting indeed. For my BlackBerry Bold 9900, and any previous BlackBerry or phone in general, I could always change the APN, which is why I was kind of surprised why the APN was locked on Bell. I know of the European guys here could freely change their APN as well, anyways yeah you are correct, this update has not been released by Bell, I just put an AT&T SIM card in my phone and boom it started downloading the update.
    04-11-13 11:40 PM
    Im on tmobile and i keep getting the 2mb update which i have install like 10 times. And stays on .85

Posted via CB10
    Don't delete any of the apps the come pre-installed on the Z10 (FB, Twitter, LinkedIN, Foursquare, Box, Dropbox, Weather app, Maps, etc.). If you do, you will have to download this update which will just re-install the apps you deleted. So far the best workaround is to create a folder and name it "Trash", "Junk", or whatever and put all the apps you will not use there.

Not sure if a future OS update will allow you to delete these. However, I hope at the very least an option to hide these unwanted apps is provides just like in OS6/7.
    04-11-13 11:50 PM
    Don't delete any of the apps the come pre-installed on the Z10 (FB, Twitter, LinkedIN, Foursquare, Box, Dropbox, Weather app, Maps, etc.). If you do, you will have to download this update which will just re-install the apps you deleted. So far the best workaround is to create a folder and name it "Trash", "Junk", or whatever and put all the apps you will not use there.

Not sure if a future OS update will allow you to delete these. However, I hope at the very least an option to hide these unwanted apps is provides just like in OS6/7.
    This also happened with the PlayBook OS, later on they changed it so that if you deleted a preloaded app the OS wouldn't force you to download it via OTA software update. I suspect the same will happen on the Z10
    04-11-13 11:56 PM
    enjoy all stl100-2+stl100-3 user
    https://mega.co.nz/#!d8lEBTpY!HftlGm..._dWiuZO6S671wE

this is debrick loader so do backup all data app setings before apply
    You sir are the most valuable form member here! I take my hat off to you. I just finished loading the OS, works great. Finally, somebody offers us a solution to the fragmented updates. Please, whatever you do, don't go anywhere.

May I suggest that we get this fellow a sticky in the OS section, and lbfe, if you do not mind can you please continue to support us with these Autoloader builds?
    04-12-13 12:17 AM
    You sir are the most valuable form member here! I take my hat off to you. I just finished loading the OS, works great. Finally, somebody offers us a solution to the fragmented updates. Please, whatever you do, don't go anywhere.

May I suggest that we get this fellow a sticky in the OS section, and lbfe, if you do not mind can you please continue to support us with these Autoloader builds?
    Could you please explain to me how I can load this? I have an unlocked 100-3 running on Tmobile. Thanks in advance
    04-12-13 12:21 AM
    Could you please explain to me how I can load this? I have an unlocked 100-3 running on Tmobile. Thanks in advance
    It's very easy.

1. Use Chrome to download from the link above (only Chrome works to download the file). Once the download completes you will end up with a BB10_0_10.116.472185.exe file in your downloads.
    2. Remove any SD cards and plug in your Z10 via USB into the computer.
    3. Use BlackBerry Link to do a full backup of your device just in case and also because this method of updating is actually like a factory reload of the OS, so it will wipe everything on the device. I normally save everything I care about to the SD card anyway so once I remove that in step (2) above, I'm good to go.
    4. Once the backup is complete, close BlackBerry Link but leave your device plugged into the computer via USB.
    5. Go to the directory where you downloaded the EXE, and double click it to start updating your device. The loader will take care of the rest.

That's all there is to it. Very simple.

After you are done with everything and you are set up again you can do a restore of all of your stuff via BlackBerry Link. Personally I like to start fresh after every OS reload so I'm not restoring anything.
    04-12-13 12:44 AM
    THanks !! I wil definitely give it a few days so people can report what's good/bad about the update.
    This will also give TMobile time to release it for their costumers, if nothing happens, I'll use your guide to get it done myself. Again, thank you!
    04-12-13 02:09 AM
    LBFE... thanks.

You sure this is also for STL100-2?

Thanks in advance!
    04-12-13 02:15 AM
    There are also dramatic improvements to the browser. Run the rng.io test in the browser and it passes Ring 0 and 1 with flying colors. A major move forward in that department.
    04-12-13 02:36 AM
    I wonder why we have different size upgrades. Mine was around 53 mb.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:07 AM
    Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:08 AM
    I hate the way of updating OS like this. Hope BB will do like Apple does. An upgrade OS will be for all BB. It would be simpler and more convenient
    04-12-13 03:19 AM
    i'm in France right now and using wi-fi only. Keeps telling me at .88 I have the latest software. Guess I will have to wait until I get back to the states.
    04-12-13 03:53 AM
    enjoy all stl100-2+stl100-3 user
    https://mega.co.nz/#!d8lEBTpY!HftlGm..._dWiuZO6S671wE

this is debrick loader so do backup all data app setings before apply
    Thanks lbfe!

Done loading the OS.

Running STL100-2 here.
    vptsff likes this.
    04-12-13 04:29 AM
    Mine is also STL100-2
    I am downloading now!

Thanks lbfe!

Done loading the OS.

Running STL100-2 here.
    04-12-13 05:20 AM
    I just updated my phone last night and I'm looking forward to testing the battery life today. Also I noticed that it got rid of my duplicate contacts.

Posted via CB10
    vptsff likes this.
    04-12-13 05:22 AM
    Trying it on a 100-2 in the UK on Vodaphone SIM but unlocked phone.

That worked like a charm. Now to see what the battery and data useage is like.
    Last edited by Pat Evans; 04-12-13 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Update
    04-12-13 05:46 AM
    Im still running 10.0.10.88 and waiting for the update. I just got the phone on Wednesday (charged it up) and its still over 75% battery. I havent charged it since. Good to hear the update improves the battery even more than it already started.
    04-12-13 06:49 AM
    Thanks lbfe!

Done loading the OS.

Running STL100-2 here.
    yeah me too. STL-2 here. just finished reloading the OS and now waiting for the Link to restore my data. 1.43 GB being transferred back by using the USB 2.0..
    04-12-13 07:00 AM
    Just got my first random reboot on Z10STL100-3/10.0.10.822 :"(

Posted via CB10 from my AT&T Z10
    04-12-13 07:05 AM
    Are there any release notes out there?

I've been looking for something, but cannot locate.
    04-12-13 07:12 AM
    I am surprised at the number of loose ends and rough edges that BB had in this AT&T Z10 at launch. This phone had been in the market for two months before and one of the carriers, Rogers, is AT&T. Why were these problems not discovered and fixed BEFORE the delayed US launch? The public is far better at finding bugs than developers are but some hundreds of thousands of these had been in public hands when it was launched in US. What is wrong with this picture?
    HartfordWhalers likes this.
    04-12-13 07:13 AM
478 ... 7891011 ...