I am a heavy user of my Synology NAS I use out of my home. All of my content is stored and accessed via the DSfile app or WebDAV to stream videos, etc.

My question is, is anyone using their Z10 with a synology box and if so, did you side load the DSfile app or is there a native app from blackberry world that let's you connect?
    02-22-13 06:53 PM
    I am also interested in this.

Already tried to ask them if an app was coming on twitter but I never got an answer.

Posted via CB10
    UserName872 likes this.
    02-22-13 07:22 PM
    Found PlayCloud in the store, native BBY app. Works very good with Synology WebDAV

Can access all my files even though i havent tried streaming some videos music.

You can also use it to connect to FTP / FTPs and various cloud services such as SkyDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, SugarSync

Synology NAS + BB10-img_00000165.png
    Synology NAS + BB10-img_00000166.png

posted using my Z10
    06-08-13 05:01 AM
    Hi,

The streaming support is incoming... but with the current release you need to copy in local at first.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 05:11 AM
    Niceee.
    Did you try Syno WebDAV calendar with your bb10 ? Doesnt work for me.

posted using my Z10
    06-08-13 05:39 AM
    Hello. A have connected the Synology Disk station, with PlayCloud Trial, but not seeing any files on the phone... appear Connected, but the screen is black, without any file...
    Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 09:20 AM
    Hello. A have connected the Synology Disk station, with PlayCloud Trial, but not seeing any files on the phone... appear Connected, but the screen is black, without any file...
    Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    Which service type do you use ? FTP ? WebDAV ?

For FTP don't forget to add the URI scheme : "ftp://"

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 09:25 AM
    I converted all of the Synology apps using the goodereader website and all except for one worked (I can't remember which one). I'm still working on setting my NAS up so I haven't been able to play with the apps much. You can do a search in their converted apps section and you'll probably find them there.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 10:07 AM
    I use the synology android apps everyday. They work well.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 10:14 AM
    I am a heavy user of my Synology NAS I use out of my home. All of my content is stored and accessed via the DSfile app or WebDAV to stream videos, etc.

My question is, is anyone using their Z10 with a synology box and if so, did you side load the DSfile app or is there a native app from blackberry world that let's you connect?
    Why would you sideload an application to access your NAS when BlackBerry already has an application?

BlackBerry Work Drives. This has been about since the Z10 release, and I am accessing by DLink DNS 345 NAS with it.
    06-23-13 10:15 AM
    Which service type do you use ? FTP ? WebDAV ?

For FTP don't forget to add the URI scheme : "ftp://"

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    Webdav.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 10:41 AM
    Why would you sideload an application to access your NAS when BlackBerry already has an application?

BlackBerry Work Drives. This has been about since the Z10 release, and I am accessing by DLink DNS 345 NAS with it.
    In AppWorld it says BB Work Drives is for BES10 only.

**BlackBerry Work Drives is supported on BlackBerry 10 devices provisioned on the BlackBerry Enterprise Service. It requires installation of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and BlackBerry Balance and works in the Work perimeter only.
    06-23-13 10:50 AM
    Webdav.

Posted via CB10
    OK it should work.

Don't forget http:// or https:// in the URI.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 02:20 AM
    OK it should work.

Don't forget http:// or https:// in the URI.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. It works now. The problem was that the cloud service was stopped on Synology. Now I started it, and works ok.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 10:18 AM
    Still cannot connect to CalDav on the Synology using latest 10.2.0.1047 leak

Posted with 2 fingers only
    08-06-13 07:43 PM
    Official 10.2 doesnt help, lost case am afraid
    10-28-13 06:12 PM
    I went to a Synology DSM 5 Beta launch event yesterday (16th January 2014), and one of the presenters literally disrespected BlackBerry..... How? Well, he showed a slide with all the mobile devices supported, all showing the usual suspects icons (Android, Apple, Windows), and a BlackBerry icon... which he then commented "Oh, whats that doing there" and then with a click it scrolled off the screen. People laughed. I did not find it funny.

Anyways, later during the question and answer section I asked him: I have noted that BlackBerry was dismissed earlier as having an app for your product. Will you be supporting BlackBerry in the future? To which he replied: "We offer apps for popular devices, and as such no plans for BlackBerry. But if we get enough requests, then we will think about it". I then rebutted and made statement that "are you implying that BlackBerry is NOT a popular device?". At which is collogue then jumped in and stated that "with BlackBerry soon being able to use Android apps, we should rely on that".

In short, we are sadly pushed to relay on Android ports from Synology. And for this reason I do not support Android ports. I believe an App needs to be built for BlackBerry.. This way, it takes full potential via fully integrating with QNX / BlackBerry10
    01-17-14 11:06 AM
    I went to a Synology DSM 5 Beta launch event yesterday (16th January 2014), and one of the presenters literally disrespected BlackBerry..... How? Well, he showed a slide with all the mobile devices supported, all showing the usual suspects icons (Android, Apple, Windows), and a BlackBerry icon... which he then commented "Oh, whats that doing there" and then with a click it scrolled off the screen. People laughed. I did not find it funny.

Anyways, later during the question and answer section I asked him: I have noted that BlackBerry was dismissed earlier as having an app for your product. Will you be supporting BlackBerry in the future? To which he replied: "We offer apps for popular devices, and as such no plans for BlackBerry. But if we get enough requests, then we will think about it". I then rebutted and made statement that "are you implying that BlackBerry is NOT a popular device?". At which is collogue then jumped in and stated that "with BlackBerry soon being able to use Android apps, we should rely on that".

In short, we are sadly pushed to relay on Android ports from Synology. And for this reason I do not support Android ports. I believe an App needs to be built for BlackBerry.. This way, it takes full potential via fully integrating with QNX / BlackBerry10
    With that attitude I will not be purchasing any Synology products. Thank you for the info!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 12:29 PM