Can't figure out how can I do it that way. For few months z10 was my main device for almost everything and I love it, but I need to do more work on my macbook now and don't want to retype my calendar into mac....can I sync it from my z10? cheers

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 04:14 PM
    You can use blackberry link software. I use it for my mac.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 04:22 PM
    Step 1: throw mac book in the garbage.

Step2: solved.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 10:19 PM
    That was very helpful, thanks, any other ideas? Link will push calendar from mac onto z10 right? I want it other way around, from z10 to macbook, thanks for tips!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 01:42 AM
    I believe it will sync both ways once you set it up on BlackBerry link. Set up first, then press the sync tab.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 10:34 AM
    I'm not familiar with MACs so assumptions are made here.

Setup a cloud email address, ie: Outlook, Gmail or AOL (don't use yahoo, too unstable).

Add that email and calendar to both devices.

Let the cloud keep them in sync.

This works great for me.

T-Mobile Z10 running 10.3.0.296 Base with Updated Bars from newer builds.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 10:45 AM
    I'm not familiar with MACs so assumptions are made here.

Setup a cloud email address, ie: Outlook, Gmail or AOL (don't use yahoo, too unstable).

Add that email and calendar to both devices.

Let the cloud keep them in sync.

This works great for me.

T-Mobile Z10 running 10.3.0.296 Base with Updated Bars from newer builds.

Posted via CB10
    No need to do any of that. Link syncs the Blackberry calendar with the built in Mac Calendar app as well as contacts with the built in Calendar app. I was very happy when I switched to Mac years ago because the Desktop Manager then synced with the Mac' included programs and did not with Window's included programs. I hate Outlook and any cloud based sync option. If you have two devices in the same room, it is ridiculous to have to use the internet to sync the devices. There is no need and to do so is less secure.

Connect the phone, open Link, set up sync options and sync. On the phone be sure to select Calendars you want to see under Manage, you get there by swiping down from the top in the Calendar app.

I always export the Calendar and the Contacts on the Mac to a Calendar archive file and a Contacts archive file before syncing. This gives you a backup in case something goes wrong. In the three and a half years I have had a Mac, nothing has gone wrong with a sync.
    07-05-14 12:26 PM
    Again, making assumptions here.

Using Link to sync is a manual process that requires the computer and the phone to both be running and connected to each other.

Using a cloud calendar allows both devices to sync as they connect to the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    nealjane1 likes this.
    07-05-14 12:33 PM
    Again, making assumptions here.

Using Link to sync is a manual process that requires the computer and the phone to both be running and connected to each other.

Using a cloud calendar allows both devices to sync as they connect to the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    No assumptions, only opinion. I hate cloud computing. There is no reason to put personal information on the web, for me, as long as I can sync locally. It is much more secure, and you have better control over it. I only want to sync, when I want to sync. It works very well with the Mac.
    07-05-14 07:42 PM
    Use a Gmail account for you calender sync. That's what I use to sync my calendar and contacts to my mac. Both can be added in the calendar and contacts app on your mac. Then setup said Gmail account on your BlackBerry and Boom!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 08:32 PM
    Use a Gmail account for you calender sync. That's what I use to sync my calendar and contacts to my mac. Both can be added in the calendar and contacts app on your mac. Then setup said Gmail account on your BlackBerry and Boom!

Posted via CB10
    Once again, not necessary with Mac. Only do Gmail if you have to. The Mac calendar syncs easily with the Blackberry using Link.
    07-05-14 09:16 PM
    I have a friend that had an issue with this and she figured out ill reserve thia post to ask her

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 09:21 PM
    Once again, not necessary with Mac. Only do Gmail if you have to. The Mac calendar syncs easily with the Blackberry using Link.
    Link is the worst. Only thing I use it for is to backup my phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 10:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 10:17 PM
    Use Link and it'll do exactly that. I input whatever I want into my q10's calender and it'll sync the entries into my mbp's calender. The latter will also send reminders. It's easy.
    07-05-14 10:27 PM
    Use Link and it'll do exactly that. I input whatever I want into my q10's calender and it'll sync the entries into my mbp's calender. The latter will also send reminders. It's easy.
    Its different with apple calendars

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Link works perfectly for syncing the MBP built in calendar. I don't bother with files and media. For the calendar and the contacts it works perfectly. Much less convoluted than using a cloud based sync process, and more secure for those of us who care about that.

Overall Link isn't as nice as the old Desktop Manager, but for syncing the calendar and contacts, it works great with the Mac. For backups it is annoying since you cannot do a selective restore, for that I use Backup Pro.
    07-06-14 09:53 AM
    It's obvious we have two camps here which is interesting.

One of the camps is suspect of cloud computing.

For email cloud computing happens whether you like it or not. Some email is encrypted, like my work outlook email, most is not.

Some calendars are encrypted, again like my work outlook calendar, most are not.

I choose simplicity over complicated except for dual stage authentication and strong passwords, both of which I use. Storing calendars and syncing to the cloud is just easier though, obviously, not as secure.

Posted via CB10
    PHughes likes this.
    07-06-14 05:08 PM
    Ok go to:
    1.settings
    2. Accounts
    3. Add accounts

4. Add subscribed calendar
    A) Calendar Name:iCal
    B) Server address: p03-caldav.icloud.com (make sure you type exactly this)

No other soltuion will work if you have multiple calendars into one (different colours) as good as this since this directly taps into icloud.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 07-08-14 at 11:06 PM.
    07-08-14 08:51 PM
    The easiest way is to sync the calendar with Google/Outlook and then add the account on your Mac. No more settings and fiddling around, it just works fine with the native OS X Calendar, I use it this way all the time

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 10:34 PM