Can anybody please help me with synchronizing my local calendar on z10 to hotmail calendar . I ve been using my calendar on z10 for 2 months and I need to synchronize it somewhere
    07-03-13 04:11 PM
    Can anybody please help me with synchronizing my local calendar on z10 to hotmail calendar . I ve been using my calendar on z10 for 2 months and I need to synchronize it somewhere
    Let's see...

EDIT: Well, sad news. Once an entry is saved, it can't be moved to a different calendar. You'd have to manually add your old appointments to your hotmail calendar if you want them to be there.

On happier news, all future appointments can and will sync automatically if you do one simple thing: change your default calendar to the Hotmail one instead of the Local one.

Go Settings > Accounts, on the bottom of the screen hit Set Defaults. Change the default calendar from Device - Local to your Hotmail.

Any new appointments will now sync.
    BBJonbo and roland18 like this.
    07-03-13 09:29 PM
    If I interpret your request correctly... You have all your calendar events in Local Calendar on your device, and want to put them in your unused Hotmail calendar, then have the Hotmail calendar sync'd to your device (2-way).

If this is correct, consider this:
    Download PIM backup and restore from BB World ($1.99 Cdn). https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...&userauth=true Use it to backup your calendar to an ICS file on your device.
    Transfer/email the ICS file to your desktop.
    In the Hotmail (Outlook.com) page, go to Calendar > Import. You'll have the option to import the ICS file to a new calendar or an existing one. Make sure you have "Use the reminders that are already in your ICS file " checked.
    Once imported, spot-check the new calendar in Hotmail to be sure everything transferred correctly.
    Now, go back to your device to get rid of the Local Calendar entries. Go to Settings > Accounts > overflow menu (3 vertical dots at bottom right). Tap "Clear Local Calendar". Presto -- they're gone.
    Now, go back to Accounts > [your @hotmail]. Scroll down and set "Sync Calendar" to On. It can take a while to sync, be patient.
    Now go back to Account Settings, and tap "Set Defaults" at the bottom of the screen. Set the default calendar to your Hotmail account.

That should do it. This is actually easier to do than to explain. I helped a buddy out with the same thing, except we also exported/imported/sync'd his contacts as well. He had a minor issue with the reminder time on one recurring appointment, but that was easily fixed.

Hope this helps. Let me know if anything is unclear. ~ecm
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 07-04-13 at 06:20 AM.
    roland18 likes this.
    07-03-13 10:07 PM