Definitely an annoying issue. I still can't seem to figure out just what the Z10 syncs as far as labels. It's fairly arbitrary for the most part, some syncs some doesn't. Hopefully this all gets fixed and I can just sync the All Mal folder (like I want to) and be done with it.
    03-19-13 11:16 AM
    Definitely an annoying issue. I still can't seem to figure out just what the Z10 syncs as far as labels. It's fairly arbitrary for the most part, some syncs some doesn't. Hopefully this all gets fixed and I can just sync the All Mal folder (like I want to) and be done with it.
    If you use imap I'm fairly sure that "All Mail" can be synced

But then you get the problem of not being able to delete emails from the phone that I mentioned above

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 11:22 AM
    Maybe I'll give it another go - I'm pretty sure I tried setting up as IMAP before and still didn't have the option.

Deleting mail from the device isn't a huge issue for me.
    03-19-13 11:31 AM
    Ok I have mine setup so I am able to delete emails from the phone so I can try to undo those couple steps and double check before you go and delete your eas set up and start over for nothing lol

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 11:58 AM
    Too late - I tried plain ol' IMAP and there is no All Mail option still. Just labels.

Also - I can't seem to get my filed mail to show in the main Hub with IMAP as I can using EAS. I may just stick with my EAS setup for now. The only real issue arises when I try to search for something that isn't synched.
    03-19-13 12:04 PM
    Too late - I tried plain ol' IMAP and there is no All Mail option still. Just labels.

Also - I can't seem to get my filed mail to show in the main Hub with IMAP as I can using EAS. I may just stick with my EAS setup for now. The only real issue arises when I try to search for something that isn't synched.

Be careful with EAS if you're on a free account, I'd be worried if I disabled that and tried to re-enable it that they wouldn't let me connect any more. No more EAS for non-paid email accounts on Google, unless a specific device was already setup/connected.

Re: filed messages, I assume you know there's an option in the Z10 email client about whether or not to display filed emails, correct?
    03-19-13 01:35 PM
    Be careful with EAS if you're on a free account, I'd be worried if I disabled that and tried to re-enable it that they wouldn't let me connect any more. No more EAS for non-paid email accounts on Google, unless a specific device was already setup/connected.

Re: filed messages, I assume you know there's an option in the Z10 email client about whether or not to display filed emails, correct?
    I went bac to my EAS setup. IMAP wasn't ideal.

I do know about the filed message option but it wasn't working properly for me. Was showing sent items when I set it to off as well.

I'll stick this out and see what happens down the road.
    03-19-13 01:42 PM
    With imap you have to go into gmail settings on a computer and choose which imap labels you want displayed
    I had to turn off all mail in order for my email deletion work around to work.
    Did you have the folders you wanted synced via imap enabled in the gmail settings?

If you go settings I believe it's under the "labels" tab. Not the actual imap tab

I haven't had a chance to double check that on my end yet

There is also a setting on the z10 which folders to sync and display (z10 treats labels as folders)

One quirk I've noticed right away is z10 won't let you keep the inbox label and add another label (when you file the email under a different one). Inbox label gets taken away looks like and the other label is where it resides. So you have to expand the gmail tab in the hub and actually select that label underneath for it to display it.

Could be good for some ppls set ups and could be annoying for others.
    03-19-13 01:47 PM
    With imap you have to go into gmail settings on a computer and choose which imap labels you want displayed
    I had to turn off all mail in order for my email deletion work around to work.
    Did you have the folders you wanted synced via imap enabled in the gmail settings?

If you go settings I believe it's under the "labels" tab. Not the actual imap tab
    Covered that already here, matter of fact I posted a screenshot of the Gmail configuration page for that feature...
    03-19-13 01:50 PM
    Covered that already here, matter of fact I posted a screenshot of the Gmail configuration page for that feature...
    Ah my bad I missed that lol
    Personally I'm still debating switching everything over to outlook.com as it supports EAS still and has folders etc.

Like I said I just created a label called archive for things I want to archive.
    Only thing is they won't show up under inbox and have to actually select the archive label/folder on the z10
    03-19-13 01:53 PM
    Has there been any resolution to this and I'm just missing something??? I have my Z10 and paid Gmail set up via IMAP and with all the folders and labels on my Gmail settings to show on IMAP and still cannot see "All Mail", "Important" or "Starred".

Sync All Mail folder on Z10?-screen-shot-2013-04-29-5.11.49-pm.jpg

Also on the Z10 I can see the folder "Trash" however it is not syncing and says "no entries in this view". Something that should just work has become so frustrating......
    04-29-13 04:15 PM
    Has there been any resolution to this and I'm just missing something??? I have my Z10 and paid Gmail set up via IMAP and with all the folders and labels on my Gmail settings to show on IMAP and still cannot see "All Mail", "Important" or "Starred".

Also on the Z10 I can see the folder "Trash" however it is not syncing and says "no entries in this view". Something that should just work has become so frustrating......

I'm not an expert on Gmail but I know that there are a variety of proprietary idiosyncracies with how it works, especially the "all mail" folder which is pretty much a unique Gmail thing.

For example I believe there are some settings that specifically relate to how "All Mail" works with remote devices, on a settings page other than the one you posted.

Also, in general it's not a good idea to try to sync gigantic folders (like "All Mail") because of the overhead involved in attempting to sync thousands of emails in a single folder. More specifically to Gmail, since "All Mail" typically contains copies of messages that appear under other Gmail "labels" (similiar but not identical concept to what most email clients think of as a "folder"), trying to sync "All Mail" often results in duplicate messages appearing on devices, I understand. I think some of this depends on how you have Gmail setup to handle archived messages.

Given that you use Google's PAID service, I would suggest you try the Exchange ActiveSync method of connecting to your account, which has a variety of advantages over IMAP. (I think Google puts a proprietary name on that, something like "Google Sync" or somesuch. But it's just their version of a protocol licensed from Microsoft called Exchange ActiveSync.)

Google killed that connection type for users of their free services a few months back, but it's still available for users of their paid products.
    04-30-13 08:46 AM
    Hi I have a paid Google apps account and thereby have ActiveSync. When I add my gmail account with ActiveSync I am able to see the Folders "All Mail, Spam and Starred" however they do not syncronize and nothing shows up within the folders as well as the "Trash" folder. Then in calendars I am able to have everything synced however if I am creating an event from my Z10 I am not able to invite Participants and it states that it is not allowed. I then set up the Calendar via CalDav and am able to invite participants but am not able to associate the calendar to the email because it can't be associated with an ActiveSync but only POP or IMAP.

If I set it up as IMAP I am then only able to see my labels and not the folders mentioned above. However having it as IMAP and the calendar set up via CalDav I am then able to have all functionalities on it like inviting participants from within my Z10.

This is not a Google issue as I had the same account set up on my iPhone which I gave up for the Z10 via ActiveSync and all folders, labels showed up with no issues and the calendar worked with no issues as well. I also added the account on an iPad to make sure it would work and it did with no issues. SS Below.

Sync All Mail folder on Z10?-photo.jpg

Is this being worked on? There are negotiables and non negotiables. I believe an OS and a smartphone that is being marketed as a high end device for the always connected should have the ability to stay connected and have a major functionality like emails working therefore this being a non negotiable and resolved immediately.
    05-01-13 10:15 PM
    This is not a Google issue as I had the same account set up on my iPhone which I gave up for the Z10 via ActiveSync and all folders, labels showed up with no issues and the calendar worked with no issues as well. I also added the account on an iPad to make sure it would work and it did with no issues.

I think you have to be careful about making proclamations like "not a Google issue". There are MANY instances in the software field where in order to make something work, a vendor has to either code functionality into their product that accomodates proprietary (and often poorly-implemented) aspects of some other vendor's product in order to interoperate with it, or code workarounds to bugs in other vendors products. In this particular case, Apple may simply have done more work to accomodate Google idiosyncracies than Blackberry has. (This is also the case with Yahoo, which uses a proprietary push email protocol. The only common smartphone platform that natively supports it right now is Apple. Interestingly, Blackberry supported it with their older devices, but not the new devices. I'm guessing they are trying to get away from coding proprietary features into their email platform these days. According to this, they even used to code specific support for CompuServe into their devices. )

The main reason we don't see so much noise about compatibility issues with smaller vendors products is because not as many people use them. It doesn't automatically mean they don't all have their own issues. Google has a history of dumping a bunch of proprietary elements into what would otherwise be a "world standard" (such as IMAP, or EAS), and the fact is that because of their popularity, you either work around their product's idiosyncracies (often while pinching your nose and holding your breath) or you have angry users that expect everything to work with their favorite vendor's product.

Is this being worked on?

I'm sure it is. Many issues have already been addressed in previous OS updates. Did you post what OS Version / Software release version you are running here yet? The participants issue has been discussed quite a bit here if I'm not mistaken.

In the meantime, some BBRY knowledge-base articles.

KB33470-Gmail Calendar not available in Calendar drop-down list when creating a new event on the BlackBerry 10 Smartphone
    KB33472-How to integrate a Google Apps email account using Microsoft ActiveSync
    05-02-13 03:00 PM
    I really miss the ability to set email filters to fine tune what ends up in my inbox for each of my email accounts, like I have with OS7 (I am on BIS). Does anyone know if this will be added to OS10?
    05-16-13 09:52 AM
    I really miss the ability to set email filters to fine tune what ends up in my inbox for each of my email accounts, like I have with OS7 (I am on BIS). Does anyone know if this will be added to OS10?

I haven't heard about that particular subject. Neither am I aware that any other native smartphone email app will do that.

However if you are using an email system based around Microsoft Exchange (common in corporate/organization email systems as well as many hosted email systems like Office 365), you can setup server-side filters that can do that sort of thing if you want.
    05-16-13 09:57 PM
    I have the exact same situation. I am currently "deleting" email by filing to a special folder I'm calling "deleted items" and archiving on the Z10 by hitting the delete icon. From my ipad or my PC those archived/deleted items are visible in "all mail". However, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to coax the All Mail folder to show up on my Z10. I've set the setting in gmail, I can see it on my ipad, the only place I can't see it is the Z10.

It's rather frustrating.
    07-03-13 02:40 PM
    I found it frustrating too. Then, when Google axed the gReader that I've loved so well... that was the last straw.

I've migrated my 4 Gmail accounts to 2 Outlook.com accounts. Love it. Now I have my email going back years (purged of useless & outdated email) available on my device. Delivery is almost instantaneous. The "alias" system is great. The filtering is almost as capable as Gmail's. Contacts and calendars sync perfectly. The webmail interface is somewhat lacking in detail, but I installed the outlook connector in my desktop Outlook program and now email, contacts and calendar sync 2-ways with it. No work-arounds. 25gb Skydrive replacing the 15gb GDrive. And, deleted items really delete.

Not looking back...
    07-03-13 03:17 PM
    I have the exact same situation. I am currently "deleting" email by filing to a special folder I'm calling "deleted items" and archiving on the Z10 by hitting the delete icon. From my ipad or my PC those archived/deleted items are visible in "all mail". However, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to coax the All Mail folder to show up on my Z10. I've set the setting in gmail, I can see it on my ipad, the only place I can't see it is the Z10.

It's rather frustrating.

Since syncing the All Mail folder has some significant downsides, I wouldn't be surprised if Blackberry's BB10 email client specifically "blacklists" that folder from being synced.

What are the downsides?

1. Since "All Mail" typically contains ALL messages either sent or received since the original creation of the Gmail account, it typically contains way more messages than are practical to synchronize to a mobile device, especially if the mobile device does not have an option to limit the size of that synchronized data. (ie a "headers only" option, etc... which BB10 does not have.)
    2. Since "All Mail" typically contains DUPLICATES of almost every other message in the account, syncing that folder in addition to other folders means that users end up with duplicate messages all over the place, which can be very confusing. This has been a real problem for Apple users in the past, for example.
    07-03-13 05:43 PM
    Since syncing the All Mail folder has some significant downsides, I wouldn't be surprised if Blackberry's BB10 email client specifically "blacklists" that folder from being synced.

What are the downsides?

1. Since "All Mail" typically contains ALL messages either sent or received since the original creation of the Gmail account, it typically contains way more messages than are practical to synchronize to a mobile device, especially if the mobile device does not have an option to limit the size of that synchronized data. (ie a "headers only" option, etc... which BB10 does not have.)
    2. Since "All Mail" typically contains DUPLICATES of almost every other message in the account, syncing that folder in addition to other folders means that users end up with duplicate messages all over the place, which can be very confusing. This has been a real problem for Apple users in the past, for example.
    I understand perfectly well what I'm trying to do as well as its upsides and downsides. I am frustrated with Blackberry not allowing me to do what I want. If there is no workaround, then I may well ditch the device and go with a better one. The Z10 was my "last chance" device for Blackberry.
    07-04-13 08:07 AM
    Not sure if this is what you want to do, but after some attempts I think I found a possible workaround (which worked for me).

1. After adding the mail account (IMAP), go to the applicable mail section of the Hub. Click on the top bar, so that the list of folders will be displayed. Now select them one by one, and wait for them to synchronize (not all of them will, but those which do will show the loading circle near the name on top-right). This can take a while for each folder. Click again on the top bar so the list of folders is collapsed.
    2. Then, go to options (bottom right 3 dots) -> "Settings" -> "Email Accounts" -> select the account for which folders have just been synchronized -> "Edit account" -> (go to bottom and click) "Edit Folder Settings". Switch "Sync All Email Folders" to on.
    3. Go back to options ("BlackBerry Hub Settings") -> "Display and Actions" -> "Display Style" -> select "Conversation".

Some considerations:
    -Without the first step, the "Edit Folder Settings" window would freeze (and so would do the hub), which I could only solve by restarting the device.
    -Without the second step, all the sync. mail will be lost when switching between accounts.
    -And without the third step, mails won't be grouped in threads (Important: make sure to select the "All" folder in previous step, since selecting only "Sent" won't allow the threads to show up, and nor even the received mails tied to these threads!).

Steps 1-2 have to be repeated for every account to be synchronized.

Regarding the comments on the amount of data to be downloaded, it seems only mail from the last week is sync. (and in step 3 images can be selected not to be downloaded by default), it didn't take for too long with a 2G connection, so this shouldn't be an issue.

The downsides should not be critical: it seems the last mail of the thread is duplicated, and I found no way to increase the sync time more than the last week.

Hope this helps!
    07-13-13 01:20 PM
    Regarding the comments on the amount of data to be downloaded, it seems only mail from the last week is sync. (and in step 3 images can be selected not to be downloaded by default), it didn't take for too long with a 2G connection, so this shouldn't be an issue.

The downsides should not be critical: it seems the last mail of the thread is duplicated, and I found no way to increase the sync time more than the last week.

Good point about the "don't download images by default" setting - i always looked for a "sync headers only" type of setting. But even if that helps when large images are attached, there are lots of different kinds of file attachments, and sometimes the message bodies are large too. (Either with inline media/images or just text)

I personally have never been able to find any folder or label setting that would make "all mail" a syncable folder on BB10, though I may not have tried the exact same sequence of steps you propose.

As for "sync timeframe" there is a setting for that that can be changed at-will for an EAS account. For IMAP, the setting is "initial retrieval amount" and it can only be specified during account setup on the device. (You can delete and re-create the on-device account to change it)
    07-13-13 03:49 PM
47 12