Dropped my Q10 the other day and unfortunately the ear speaker no longer functions. Even though I love the physical keyboard I decided I'd give the Z10 a try. The Z10 and 10.2.1 do not disappoint. I'd still like a physical keyboard but this Z10 is a gem. Very well thought out and function OS. The hardware is great as well. Fits in the hand like a glove.

As I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but the retailers and dealers are killing any chance BlackBerry has of reaching the consumer market. The BB display was way in the back of the store and covered with dust; nor would the devices even power on. Even after telling the sales rep that I wanted a tool not a toy (and pissing off half of the staff and other customers) he continued to push me towards the HTC One without giving any credence what so ever to what I was saying. "But you can load your music on this one" - Uh, yea on this BB as well BUT I HAVE OTHER DEVICES FOR THAT.

Oh, by the way, loving the Android APK option - I've loaded Chase, OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) and Words with Friends (I know, but the occasional quick move over lunch never hurt anyone). All work flawlessly. Can't wait to test out more.

My experience...
    FF22 and Mr.Monty like this.
    03-03-14 05:05 PM
    send me your Q10 so I can try to fix it.
    03-03-14 05:10 PM
    Hmm, see that you got the Chase app. Gonna have to break down and learn how to work with apk files as I would sure like to have it.

Posted via CB 10 on Z30
    03-03-14 05:12 PM
    Got my Z10 a few days ago. The sales rep was thrilled to see me choose it. Didn't try to change my mind at all. The display was at the front of the store too. Guess it depends on the carrier.

Posted via Z10
    03-03-14 05:20 PM
    @francis 10.2.1 makes it real easy to install. Find apk, download and install. Easy peasy.

@rade You got repair credentials?

@Thale Glad to hear it. Not so in the stores I've been.
    03-03-14 09:22 PM
    Welcome to the Z. I remember being reluctant switching to an all touch after the Torch, but like many on here, I'd never go back. Just wait until the keyboard learns your typing habits. It actually has heat sensors that track your finger placement and adapts accordingly. Things get better by the day. There are some free typing games in BlackBerry World that helped me a lot in the first week of use.
    Sad to hear about your retail experience. I really like what Mr. Chen is doing so far, but this is something that has to be addressed soon. If it stays like this, BlackBerry is doing more harm than good keeping them set up in stores only to have sales reps tell wise tales about the company and its products.
    Enjoy your Z10. All the best.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 09:42 PM
    Hey J...

Sorry to here about your Q. FYI I had to send my beloved Z to BlackBerry just before Christmas to repair the headphone jack. Longest 2 weeks of my life! Luckily it was covered under warranty. It really works 100% better than before. If I was you I would seriously think about getting it fixed. You have your Z so you won't be going through withdrawal like I was.

Z10... next Ontario!
    03-03-14 09:54 PM
    I just switched from Q10 to Z10 a couple of days ago myself. I miss the keypad a bit but I miss the battery life more. Very happy overall with the Z.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 10:01 PM
    I'm just like you OP. Dropped my Q10 and now the ear speaker no longer works. Sad for me I have to live with a headphone to use for calling.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 10:11 PM
    I just switched from Q10 to Z10 a couple of days ago myself. I miss the keypad a bit but I miss the battery life more. Very happy overall with the Z.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, I couldn't love my Z10 without the Battery Charger Bundle. A must have.

Posted via CB10
    Cobrajett likes this.
    03-03-14 10:56 PM
    Been a couple of days and I can report that this is the best productivity phone I've ever owned. I keep locating different options to optimize the overall user experience.

Now just need BB to enable the icons to turn and function whether using in landscape or portrait mode. Interesting that this isn't already a feature.
    03-04-14 11:40 AM
    Been a couple of days and I can report that this is the best productivity phone I've ever owned. I keep locating different options to optimize the overall user experience.

Now just need BB to enable the icons to turn and function whether using in landscape or portrait mode. Interesting that this isn't already a feature.
    That would be a great feature. I would really like this when hooking the Z10 up to my big screen. I'm sure they will do this soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 08:45 PM
    Went to a small local mall here and the Z10 was front and center at the Rogers store as customers walked in the main entrance.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 09:32 PM
    The Z10 is really nice. OP, maybe you should try out a Z30 too.
    03-04-14 10:00 PM
    Went to a small local mall here and the Z10 was front and center at the Rogers store as customers walked in the main entrance.

Posted via CB10
    That's a switch. Nice.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 10:56 PM