hey everyone,
    I got my wife a Blackberry Z10 to switch over from her Bold 9900. When I restored her Contacts using her Blackberry Protect, it stored them as Local Contacts.

Is there any way I can "migrate" those to be switched to be synced to her yahoo account? cause they're not syncing now.

Thanks
    06-10-13 11:34 PM
    Hi bash_man
    I must say I've not tried yet, but I *think* you might give a try using LINK (BB desktop manager for BB10) instead of protect.
    You can find it here : BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US
    When you first plug your Z10 to the computer with Link, you have an option to import a previous device settings.

I *think* (sry no yahoo account here) that your contacts should be sync automatically when you set the yahoo account, IMHO you shouldn't have to restore them from protect.
    P.S: This is assuming that these contacts were syncing ok on the 9900
    06-11-13 03:18 AM
    Hi bash_man
    I must say I've not tried yet, but I *think* you might give a try using LINK (BB desktop manager for BB10) instead of protect.
    You can find it here : BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US
    When you first plug your Z10 to the computer with Link, you have an option to import a previous device settings.

I *think* (sry no yahoo account here) that your contacts should be sync automatically when you set the yahoo account, IMHO you shouldn't have to restore them from protect.
    P.S: This is assuming that these contacts were syncing ok on the 9900
    thanks Superfly. I think what I'll do is sync my wife's Z10 to her Outlook 2010 on her Win8 machine, export as CSV and import into yahoo mail. that should bring everything to her Z10. or atleast I hope. LOL

will get back with results when Its done.
    06-11-13 03:21 PM
    Set up the Yahoo account on the phone before dumping all the contacts onto the device. For some reason I had to do this with my Outlook account and it synced perfectly. When I added the contacts first, then set up my account, the contacts wouldn't get synced for some reason.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-11-13 03:51 PM
    Mine does sync, it just seems to take forever. Thru ought the say more and more seem to populate. Almost as if it can't handle too many at once.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 03:53 PM
    thanks Superfly. I think what I'll do is sync my wife's Z10 to her Outlook 2010 on her Win8 machine, export as CSV and import into yahoo mail. that should bring everything to her Z10. or atleast I hope. LOL

will get back with results when Its done.
    So did it work? I have the same challenge but for a hosted exchange account.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 05:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    sorry man.. i havent had a chance to try it. I am on a short business trip for 2 days and wont be home until thursday to try it.

I'll let you know when I do.
    06-11-13 08:06 PM
    hey everyone.. sorry, completely forgot about this post.

my wife was having some major issues with her Yahoo and Z10 syncing. Contacts were always out of wack, calendar takes forever to sync and the fact that email had no Push took forever for emails to arrive and go.

Long story short, shes moved onto using a gmail account and she couldnt be happier. I expored her Z10 Contacts using Contact-X (download from BB World) and imported them into her Gmail account and everything synced from the first setup.

cheers
    07-15-13 11:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hosted Exchange accounts only need to be added to the device and the contacts will sync automatically. Don't import them. If you did that, you should wipe the device and just re-add the Exchange account through A/S. I have done it a good 20 times on my Z10's. We're on our own Exchange server so I look after all the devices. Never once had an issue with a Z10 and EAS.
    07-15-13 11:41 PM
    Hosted Exchange accounts only need to be added to the device and the contacts will sync automatically. Don't import them. If you did that, you should wipe the device and just re-add the Exchange account through A/S. I have done it a good 20 times on my Z10's. We're on our own Exchange server so I look after all the devices. Never once had an issue with a Z10 and EAS.
    Thanks. Got it done.
    1. Exported local contacts with contact x
    2. Turned off z10 sync
    3. Imported into outlook 2013 using Sperry software
    4. Deleted all local contacts using z10 "clear local contacts" command
    5. Manually deleted 10s of contacts that would not clear. Until address book was empty
    6. Re established active sync account.
    All good now!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 12:44 AM
    Thanks. Got it done.
    1. Exported local contacts with contact x
    2. Turned off z10 sync
    3. Imported into outlook 2013 using Sperry software
    4. Deleted all local contacts using z10 "clear local contacts" command
    5. Manually deleted 10s of contacts that would not clear. Until address book was empty
    6. Re established active sync account.
    All good now!

Posted via CB10
    instead of using the Sperry Software i used this:Opal-Import Multiple vCards to Outlook - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

worked great for importing the Vcard with multiple contacts back into outlook.
    08-13-13 11:15 AM