Hey everyone,

Has anyone come across this issue...

Swiping up causes the keyboard to pop up?

Example, on the lock screen, if you swipe up the keyboard pops up... and the screen is still locked.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 12:44 PM
    If you use 2 fingers to swipe yes.

Posted via CB10
    datgurl likes this.
    03-12-13 12:44 PM
    It is supposed to work that way..
    03-12-13 12:45 PM
    Learned something new, 2 finger swipe brings up keyboard, amazing

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 12:46 PM
    Two finger swipe down hides the keyboard, as does holding the space key down. Doing a single finger swipe to the left when inputting text deletes the last word, two fingers deletes two words, three fingers deletes three words etc. Single finger swipe down on the keyboard takes you to punctuation. Holding down on a letter brings up it's special characters. Holding the full stop/period key down brings up speach typing/dictating.

Posted via CB10
    datgurl, sandman10 and CT9AJ like this.
    03-12-13 02:03 PM
    Hey everyone,

Has anyone come across this issue...

Swiping up causes the keyboard to pop up?

Example, on the lock screen, if you swipe up the keyboard pops up... and the screen is still locked.

Posted via CB10
    I started a thread yesterday to ask this specfic question but only got the answer that a screen pops up. What happens when you type on the keyboard when in the lock screen?
    03-12-13 02:19 PM
    Two finger swipe down hides the keyboard, as does holding the space key down. Doing a single finger swipe to the left when inputting text deletes the last word, two fingers deletes two words, three fingers deletes three words etc. Single finger swipe down on the keyboard takes you to punctuation. Holding down on a letter brings up it's special characters. Holding the full stop/period key down brings up speach typing/dictating.

Posted via CB10

All this was very helpful. Thank you.
    03-12-13 02:20 PM
    All this was very helpful. Thank you.
    No worries.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 02:34 PM
    Wooo finally figured how to do that. I was swiping diagonally from the bottom left like on the Playbook all this time trying to get it. Thanks!
    03-12-13 02:40 PM
    I find it harder to do the 2 finger swipe down to get rid of the keyboard when typing with my thumb.

A Lot quicker in bbm and Texting at least just swipe down from the emotions key and bang no more keyboard!!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 02:44 PM
    I started a thread yesterday to ask this specfic question but only got the answer that a screen pops up. What happens when you type on the keyboard when in the lock screen?
    Nothing

I find it harder to do the 2 finger swipe down to get rid of the keyboard when typing with my thumb.

A Lot quicker in bbm and Texting at least just swipe down from the emotions key and bang no more keyboard!!

Posted via CB10
    You just have to touch the screen above the keyboard and it disappears
    03-12-13 03:04 PM
    Nothing

That works too! But u have reach up much higher!! hahah Cheers!
    03-12-13 03:07 PM
    Nothing

I've been doing the same lol....

To the OP you can refer to this post for more tips on the keyboard! Top 10 tips for the BlackBerry 10 keyboard | CrackBerry.com Cheers.
    sandman10 likes this.
    03-12-13 03:12 PM
    I've been doing the same lol....

To the OP you can refer to this post for more tips on the keyboard! Top 10 tips for the BlackBerry 10 keyboard | CrackBerry.com Cheers.
    Bloody genius these BB design teams!

10. Swipe down on the keyboard for a single alternate character, like an exclamation point. Use the dedicated symbol key to enter multiple characters.

^^^^ Brilliant! I hated looking for the alt button to get the question mark symbol. This is so much easier and smarter.

This thread just made me love the keyboard even more! It helped me address a few minor gripes, and little did I know there were solutions. shame on me.

This awesome device, just got awesomer.
    Cap_172R likes this.
    03-12-13 03:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wow dude thanks for all that!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 03:54 PM