I'm really struggling to answer incoming calls by swiping down. Sometimes I have to really press the prompting arrow hard. And what if you have greasy hands? Why could we not just touch somewhere on the screen like we do for taking pictures? For me the call features are a let down on the BBZ10.
    05-03-13 12:38 PM
    I agree that there should be another call option. However on no way have I ever had any problems with answering a call with the standard options.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:40 PM
    Initially had same issue until I realized it is NOT the downward arrows that you must swipe, but the bar above it. Put finger ON BAR and swipe down to answer or swipe up to refuse/send to voice mail. Lastly, if you simply touch and relase bar, it will silence ringer. Once I sam this in one of the CrackBerry how-to video, my answer issue were solved.
    05-03-13 01:17 PM
    Hey, man, it's your fault. Nowhere does it say "swipe down " to answer.
    A grey bar with your contacts name or number appears, it says "pull down to answer".
    alan510 and der_mit like this.
    05-03-13 01:25 PM
    Hey, man, it's your fault. Nowhere does it say "swipe down " to answer.
    A grey bar with your contacts name or number appears, it says "pull down to answer".
    The world I live in pulling down and swiping down are the same thing. In fact one can't pull on a capacitive screen so really its swiping down.

Posted via CB10
    acupblackberries likes this.
    05-03-13 01:27 PM
    A finger swipe works just fine on my phone.

Have you tried using your nose? I read this in another thread. They say it works better.
    brout and der_mit like this.
    05-03-13 01:31 PM
    The world I live in pulling down and swiping down are the same thing. In fact one can't pull on a capacitive screen so really its swiping down.

Posted via CB10
    You just contradicted yourself , But however the smart one puts it.

Your swipe must start from the grey bar and finish on the bottom of the screem.
    05-03-13 01:32 PM
    And if you have a holster, you can set it to automatically answer when removed from holster... fwiw.
    05-04-13 08:15 AM
    They make it a deliberate action for a very good reason. Sometimes you don't want to answer the call while picking up the phone to see who's calling.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:35 AM
    I don't have any real problem answering a call with a swipe, but it is kind of a clumsy way to do it. I guess it's to avoid accidentally answering because of an inadvertent screen touch; but I sure wouldn't mind the option of the old green phone/ted phone button icons to answer or ignore a call.
    05-04-13 09:41 AM
    Lol. I was JUST reading this thread when a call came in. Swipe/pull worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:51 AM
    When I pull the phone out to answer the picture of the person and the swipe down bar disappear before I can answer it. I usually he to shake the phone to get it to reappear

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:53 AM
    User error yet again.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:55 AM
    When I pull the phone out to answer the picture of the person and the swipe down bar disappear before I can answer it. I usually he to shake the phone to get it to reappear

Posted via CB10
    Wut?? shaking the phone??? im confused
    05-04-13 10:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think the person was joking. I would like to see the middle volume button answer calls or maybe a setting you could customize that gave you an answer and decline button at the joy Tom of the whole.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 10:22 AM
    Great ray glad we pinpointed the issue. Any advice as to what I am doing wrong

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 05:58 PM
    Just swipe from the bar down to answer. Swipe the bar up to ignore the call. So easy. I love it. When I end a call my thumb goes right to end call.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:11 PM
    What that one guy meant is you are pulling the bar down, as when you touch the bar and swipe down, the bar comes with your finger. That is why he said it's pulling.

Place finger or nose on bar and drag(yet another term) your finger towards the bottom of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:10 PM
    Np's here in swiping down to answer and swiping up to not answer.

Put finger on the middle and swipe down or up depends on what you want to choose.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    05-04-13 10:02 PM
    I never thought someone would had trouble with this gesture since it looked so simple.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 10:18 PM
    Swipe down is a pain, play a game for a bit and you can cook an egg on it. Don't even get me started on the battery life and to top it off, NO NETFLIX app. Still a fan though
    09-10-13 03:03 PM
    LoL.
    I avoid all of that by just using my Bluetooth Headset.
    I just press the button to start (with voice command), answer or end a call.
    09-10-13 03:19 PM
    What happens when u swipe up. Does it go straight to voice mail? Does it silence the ring and ring normally on the callers end until it goes to voice mail or does the phone just say " **** off eh"

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 06:03 PM
    If you tap on the name, it will silence the ring. If you swipe up, it rejects it and could forward it to your vm depending on how you set it up.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 06:13 PM
    one would think the arrows pointing from the bar downward would signify to pull on the bar. its not that difficult.
    09-10-13 06:15 PM
30 12