I've had my Z10 since last February, a full year plus a few days!!! It is working beautifully, no issues, am constantly stunned by all the difficulties reported in these forums. Can't help feeling there a roomful of students working for Sammy catfishin'... but that's another story.

After a year of photos, videos and music downloads, my 32Gb card was almost full. I like having all my stuff on my phone. It's all backed up so that's not an issue. But I just didn't want to remove the stuff from the phone.

So... over the holidays I noticed CB had a sale on memory cards. I picked up a SanDisk 64 GB class 10 memory card for 50% off.

Yesterday I plugged my new card into my Z10, formatted it, and with my phone attached via usb, and the old memory card inserted in my SD slot on my laptop using the adaptor that came with the new card. It took about 4 hours to transfer all 31 GB of data. But as soon as it was done, I was back in business. Woohoo!!!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-11-14 08:49 AM
    I'm looking to do the same when I have money to do so, lol. I have 25.6GB of music alone on my card, which is always a pain to transfer, but like you said backups are always handy (praise the external hard drive!)

Glad to see a positive review of SanDisk again. Kingston hasn't been too bad either in my past uses.
    02-11-14 08:55 AM
    looking to purchase a memory card but am confused on on the classes? I am looking at a sandisk 16 gb class 4... any advice?
    02-11-14 10:33 AM
    I've had that card for almost a year in my Z10 (picked it up about a month after I got the phone in February) - I love it, never had any issues!

I'm the same - I like having everything with me. I rarely use cloud storage.
    02-11-14 10:35 AM
    Yeah, they are great... I'm glad that you're enjoying your z10 too. in fact the only issue I have with my Z10 is that it takes unusually long to load my pictures when I try to share or attach files. my card is a 64GB class 10 too and the only thing I can think of after wiping the device and even reformatting the card is that I just have way too many pictures and videos.

It shows the files and folders and pictures and all fairly quickly when I use the file manager, but it seems to delay quite a bit when the share interface cones up so I just got in the habit of using the file manager to find the file and share it instead of letting the app invoke the file manager to let me find the file.

Yeah, I'm not huge on apps or games, and even that gets better as time goes by.

Posted via CB10
    tgillan likes this.
    02-11-14 10:43 AM
    looking to purchase a memory card but am confused on on the classes? I am looking at a sandisk 16 gb class 4... any advice?
    I hope others will reply but I think a Class 4 may be a bit slow for a device like the Z10. Most are going to the Class 10 as noted in the original post.
    Itai Moshe likes this.
    02-11-14 03:19 PM
    Class is just the minimum speed. So the class 4 is minimum 4mbps transfer. For us normal consumers, the class 4 is fine.

I've been running a class 4 card for 2-3 years and lossless music and HD video is flawless. A class 1 probably wouldn't make a difference either. The classes don't make a difference for normal people. They're primarily there for those hard core photographers that do burst shooting.
    Mecca EL and FF22 like this.
    02-11-14 04:30 PM
    I bought a 64 GB when I first got the phone and I'm glad I did. I bought about 10 movies from BlackBerry World when they were on sale, which took up a good portion.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 10:58 PM
    I bought a 64 GB when I first got the phone and I'm glad I did. I bought about 10 movies from BlackBerry World when they were on sale, which took up a good portion.

Posted via CB10
    One good thing is those movies you bought are always available to re-download from BlackBerry World if you do need to free up the space. ...and you can stream them too while they're downloading.

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.1925 | Bell | CB10
    02-11-14 11:24 PM
    Hey PatrickMJS.

Great idea.
    Looking to order the same as you. Is it called this:

SanDisk ULTRA MicroSD XC CARD 64GB W/ADAPTOR CLASS 10 for BlackBerry Z10

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 11:44 PM
    Class is just the minimum speed. So the class 4 is minimum 4mbps transfer. For us normal consumers, the class 4 is fine.

I've been running a class 4 card for 2-3 years and lossless music and HD video is flawless. A class 1 probably wouldn't make a difference either. The classes don't make a difference for normal people. They're primarily there for those hard core photographers that do burst shooting.
    Buy a class 10. It's a complete no-brainer for me. (if you have the cash that is.)

If you want a 64GB card and want to transfer a lot of files (music, films etc) it's going to take forever with a low class.

That being said, the transfer will only be as quick as the slowest link, so the limiting factor nay not be the card itself.
    When future BlackBerrys are updated to USB3 you might rue the day you bought a class 4 card.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    02-12-14 05:08 AM
    When future BlackBerrys are updated to USB3 you might rue the day you bought a class 4 card.

Posted via CB10
    Or not as by then the Class 10 cards will be cheaper and probably sold in larger sizes.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 07:32 AM
    I would go with a class 10 if your budget allows, I had a class 4 and didn't realise how slow it was until I got a 64 gig class 10.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 09:17 AM
    Hey PatrickMJS.

Great idea.
    Looking to order the same as you. Is it called this:

SanDisk ULTRA MicroSD XC CARD 64GB W/ADAPTOR CLASS 10 for BlackBerry Z10
    Yup, that's the one. But sorry for the delay in replying. On the 12th, I flew to Madrid. Enjoying Valentine's Day here. Now to find a florist...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 02-15-14 at 08:03 AM. Reason: fix typo
    xBURK likes this.
    02-14-14 01:28 AM