I have a Z10...love it. I never thought I would, needing a physical keyboard, but it has won me over. It's fast, it's reliable and the keyboard is the best touch I've seen.

However, using a walking stick, I need to be able to use a phone one handed, and also being in a bad signal area I am struggling when I'm not home with my Z10 to get a signal where my Curve on BIS would work. So its been on my mind for a while, do I stay with my Z that I love in all sorts of ways or do I do the sensible thing and use a phone that will not necessarily do everything I want it to do....but one that I can rely on when out being slightly less than able bodied....which is the important consideration.

So, decision has been made to go back to my keyboard Curve as my main phone....the one that will work in waiting rooms and hosp recovery /wards and the other such exciting places I go to. And get a signal where ever I am if I were to break down in my van.

Whether I will miss my Z too much and swap back I don't know. Lucky I am on a rolling one month contract with my network and can swap package every month if I wish. The Z10 will be in use at home on wifi for Blaq, CB, BBM etc on wifi....so I will still have it at my side.

But I already feel slightly sad thinking of the coming change in a month's time...although for the best.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 07:41 AM
    Good luck.
    10-11-13 07:47 AM
    I'm hoping that either the 10.2 update or the roll out of 4g will enable me to get at least 3g when I'm away from home. At that point I can change back to my Z

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 08:13 AM
    I truly miss BIS and the filtering of email it provided. I get all kinds of sludge in each of my email accounts now that everything comes to the Z10, whereas under BIS, the only email I received was from friends/relatives and certain contacts that I wanted when away from my main computer. I'm not sure about service/coverage issue in my 3 weeks using the Z10 over the 9930.
    10-11-13 10:32 AM
    It's a shame cos I love my Z10.

Two different sims and it will get signal with one on 2g and hunts for 3g without finding it.....the second hardly by signal and sos on 3g.

The Curve will get 3g.

I can only think that once 4g is released in the area that there might be a stronger signal And things will improve. But if I'm out with my Z it has to be on 2g and I only have email, text, BBM and calls.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 10:55 AM
    I'm hoping that either the 10.2 update or the roll out of 4g will enable me to get at least 3g when I'm away from home. At that point I can change back to my Z

Posted via CB10
    Fortunately, my BlackBerry Z10 gets 4G service when outside my home community including every where along the Trans Canada Highway between southern Nova Scotia and northwestern New Brunswick.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-11-13 03:40 PM
    Fortunately, my BlackBerry Z10 gets 4G service when outside my home community including every where along the Trans Canada Highway between southern Nova Scotia and northwestern New Brunswick.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    I so wish mine did....even just a slow 3g would do me. I don't need super fast, just enough to function. But the Curve will take me through the next few months while 4g / masts etc are sorted out around here and the hopefully I can move back to my Z10

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 04:17 PM