Held both phone today and I have to say I'm a bit surprise at how similar the two of them feels in the hand. The HTC one is a bit bigger but not a lot, like half a centimeter taller and a quarter larger and not at all fatter.
    But it has a way bigger screen. I'm under the impression that Blackberry didn't go full out on the Z, too much glass surrounding the screen. And before anyone say "that's because of the os" and "HTC one uses on screen button which made the display area on par with the Z" I know. But the could have made it a bit bigger thou, won't made a difference in the phones handling. Maybe we'll wait till the A10 ?
    07-05-13 12:14 PM
    Two words... bezel gestures
    07-05-13 12:22 PM
    I know. The could have made the bezel smaller, kept it to a minimum and beefed up the display size
    07-05-13 12:23 PM
    I know. The could have made the bezel smaller, kept it to a minimum and beefed up the display size
    If anything, the side bezels should be a little larger. Getting out of landscape apps is more irritating than if they were portrait.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-05-13 12:24 PM
    I've always thought the same thing! I had the Z10 and the SGS3 at the same time and I was amazed at how similar they were, too. The SGS3 was a bit more wide and thin than the Z10, but about as tall IIRC. I often thought the top and bottom bezels could have been narrower, the glass part of the top and bottom could have been narrower, the device could have been just a couple mm wider, and the screen real estate could have been larger. To me it just seems like a lot of wasted space the way they made it. I know there needs to be some room to swipe up from the bezel, but I don't think they needed THAT much room for that gesture.
    07-05-13 12:24 PM
    If anything, the side bezels should be a little larger. Getting out of landscape apps is more irritating than if they were portrait.
    I agree with this, but I kinda think that was a bit of a flaw of the OS and not hardware design. It's like they designed peek and flow to work optimally in portrait only. You can't peek from landscape, for example.
    vasilisiou and Bowlegz like this.
    07-05-13 12:26 PM