So I made this thread so people can get help and ask questions on Crack berry and get solution from other BlackBerry addicts. About their BlackBerry Smartphone.

The Last day or so my Z10 has been low on battery but will NOT hold a charge over 10% I plugged it in over night with no use and it was still 10% in the morning. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 12:47 PM
    So I made this thread so people can get help and ask questions on Crack berry and get solution from other BlackBerry addicts. About their BlackBerry Smartphone.

The Last day or so my Z10 has been low on battery but will NOT hold a charge over 10% I plugged it in over night with no use and it was still 10% in the morning. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Posted via CB10
    What charger are you using? The official one that came with your Z10? Also when you plug in the phone what symbol does the battery bar show (charging, not charging etc)
    04-23-13 12:52 PM
    i hope you know that it's good to pull the battery out and then put it back in; I think this is called a hard reset or something like that. Try this and / or post that you already did this.
    04-23-13 12:55 PM
    i hope you know that it's good to pull the battery out and then put it back in; I think this is called a hard reset or something like that. Try this and / or post that you already did this.
    Note to not pull battery while phone is running
    04-23-13 12:58 PM
    The Z10 really should not need a battery pull like the legacy devices. Push and hold the power button for about 15 seconds. Release and power up again. In theory that is a hard reset on these devices.
    04-23-13 01:03 PM
    Okay, I tried that and now my phone is charging! Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 02:42 PM
    BB10 devices are not like Legacy devices in that when they are turned off, they are actually turned off. They do not go into the sleep mode/hibernation that legacy devices do. No battery pulls are required, and doing so does not reset your phone in any different way than simply turning the phone off does.

We were given removable batteries not because we need them for battery pulls, but so that we can swap out batteries as required in order to maintain battery life when we're away from a charger (I do some excursions where I don't have access to a charger for a couple of days and having the spare battery is helpful in that situation).

JB
    04-23-13 03:05 PM