Ah, OS 10.2.1.1055 Leak.

The Blog post on whether you password protect your phone triggered this question anew. I generally don't use a Password. But anytime I invoke Development Mode one is necessary. I gather that I had Simple Password by default. So I only get the number pad and not the Alpha keyboard. That is certainly cleaner if you want something quick and easy.

But I've noticed that if I'm in an app, say the Browser, if I summon (swipe up) the keyboard, I only get the number keypad. Since I summoned the keyboard to enter the Letter T (to go to the Top of the current page), the numbers alone don't cut it. But if there's a way to get the FULL alpha keyboard, I canNOT figure it out. I tried swiping and pressing and.... So it appears that if you have Simple Password as the default, it also locks you out of the full alpha keyboard in other apps??? Is that true or is there some other setting or trick I've missed?

Thanks in advance.

(maybe this should be a separate question, but since this involves Password issues, I think I've read one or two instances of folks being locked out when using Picture Password. Are folks running into issues with it or are there only a few instances of problems.)
    12-12-13 02:15 PM
    Must be the leak, I have simple pw and get the reg keyboard when summoned.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-12-13 02:32 PM
    I get a numeric and my wife gets the alfa-numeric keypad. We both have simple numeric passwords due to work E mail. I have been unable to find a way to call up a specific keypad

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-01-14 12:07 PM
    I get a numeric and my wife gets the alfa-numeric keypad. We both have simple numeric passwords due to work E mail. I have been unable to find a way to call up a specific keypad

Posted via CB10
    I am now on the newer 1925 leak and while the Simple number keypad shows up for entering the Password, when I swipe in the Browser, the FULL keyboard shows up. So it must have been a leak bug.
    01-01-14 03:40 PM