Do you guys think it will be good to have the HUB protected using a password? I know you can have a device password, but I have friends/family members who like to borrow my phone once in a while to play games or check something. I don't like to leave my HUB open since it has all my texts, emails, etc. Wait, I am not getting paranoid but I am just suggesting it could be great to have an option to secure the hub just like parental control. So i can lend my phone and not worry about others peeking into my HUB. What do you think about this? do you think it will work or even necessary? Cheers.
    Last edited by arvind1983; 05-02-13 at 03:21 AM. Reason: typos
    05-02-13 03:21 AM
    I can see how some people would like this. I hate entering my device password as it is so this added password would irritate me further lol
    05-02-13 03:25 AM
    This occurs with a BES10 enabled device. The work email account in the hub will lock if the device is held open past the security time out by an app, such as video streaming or gaming.

My point being it's possible, but not on non bes accounts right now, as far as I know.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) and CDM76 like this.
    05-02-13 04:08 AM
    That is a great idea, maybe BlackBerry should think about this for personal user as well

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    05-02-13 04:16 AM
    I can see how some people would like this. I hate entering my device password as it is so this added password would irritate me further lol
    Ya but keep it as an option. BlackBerry is about security and I can't take a BES cause I work from home.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:15 AM
    Great idea.

Set it up like a pc for Admin or User Accounts.

Lock down all the features you don't want accessed/used by others/kids.

Perfect for that parent who found out their kid racked up a $22,000 data bill while on vacation in Mexico.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-02-13 10:27 AM
    Already a pain to enter my password on the swipe to turn on gesture for security. Don't want to have to enter it again to go to the hub. Though I can understand the need for it for some.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-02-13 10:32 AM
    i think that idea is feasible and looking forward to see it eventually in my device.. i do care about leaking something imprtnt that i don't want others to know...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:37 AM
    When somebody wants to borrow your Blackberry, say "MY BLACKBERRY!". Then go huddle with it in the corner. Or watch over their shoulder. Seriously, it would be good to have the option to password protect the Hub. It sure would be inconvenient to leave it that way tho.
    05-02-13 10:44 AM
    I'm all for adding features that people would utilize! This wouldn't help me much so I'd appreciate if it was an option not something that was mandatory. I actually like showing my friends the hub when I'm demonstrating my phone's OS (I get asked about it all the time). I don't linger enough so they can read my info for long, just enough to demonstrate the content and gestures.
    05-02-13 10:44 AM
    Yes I want this feature to lock email accounts, text messages and individual apps. who hasnt got a funny dirty picture or something recieved on their phone . It would be a good option. I know it can be done on a jailbreak iphone why not Blackberry 10 . QNX is supposed to be so superior to all operating systems. it should have been a standard option.
    05-02-13 11:16 AM
    Just locking the hub would be pointless if they can just open the individual text message or BBM App

Kah
    05-02-13 11:21 AM
    I know what the author of this thread is trying to say and I feel the same however a password would be too much of a hassle. There should be a feature, where you swipe down, and there is an option called "Guest" (or something else), while in Guest mode, the Hub is shown however it's empty (or with just call info) and perhaps if theres an option you can disable certain things like text messaging, whatsapp, bbm, etc. To go back to normal mode, swipe down, enter a password and your back.
    3hb78ftg and anon(4044683) like this.
    05-02-13 11:39 AM
    Guest mode sounds good. And then just password protect that.

Before I give you my phone, I click the Guest Icon. The phone locks in Guest Mode and the only way out is to enter a password.
    05-02-13 11:57 AM
    I know what the author of this thread is trying to say and I feel the same however a password would be too much of a hassle. There should be a feature, where you swipe down, and there is an option called "Guest" (or something else), while in Guest mode, the Hub is shown however it's empty (or with just call info) and perhaps if theres an option you can disable certain things like text messaging, whatsapp, bbm, etc. To go back to normal mode, swipe down, enter a password and your back.
    Guest mode... This isn't a personal computer... If information on your phone is so confidential... then here's a tip... don't loan it out

Kah
    tangyboy likes this.
    05-02-13 01:01 PM
    Well some people are like, "Oh is that the new blackberry can I see It". So I usually let them see it and sometimes they stumble upon my hub/ other person stuff or sometimes they purposely see it

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 10:49 AM
    Just locking the hub would be pointless if they can just open the individual text message or BBM App

Kah
    You are right. The text messages should also be locked if the HUB is locked.
    05-06-13 12:17 AM
    May be user profiles can do the job. BES10 can do that. I hope BBRY lets user profiles without BES10. BTW Android Lime pie is going to have user profiles.
    05-06-13 12:21 AM
    Good idea
    They should also password protect my contacts browser music and videos oh and my phone. MORE PASSWORDS MORE SECURITY!!!!

Hehe
    Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 12:23 AM
    there is parental control already in the phone....that would not work??
    05-06-13 12:35 AM
    nope it would not worked
    05-06-13 12:45 AM
    You guys have to consider the connected apps to the hub such as Facebook, Twitter, sms, etc.

All those have icons in the application tray that can be accessed. If you want the hub locked, it would have to lock those apps too.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:01 AM

Kinda like Windows log screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:03 AM
    This sounds like an excellent option. For those who don't agree or fund it useless...you can just leave yours disabled.

Posted from the beyond...
    05-06-13 08:55 AM
    I did enjoy my app that allowed me to lock (it was a swipe lock) portions of my device like email and photos but kept the rest of my device free on my 9930. It would be lovely to have that again.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 09:34 AM
26 12