Hi all. Tonight I turned on Airplane Mode on my Blackberry Z10 (battery was 80% charged). After 5 h, LED Indicator began flashing red. I turned on the screen and saw that the battery was empty and the phone was extremely hot. I tried to open the Settings but it is not successful (Active Frame opened for 1 second and then closed). I rebooted my blackberry and connect the charger to charge it.
    Now everything looks good, but I have some questions:
    1) Why did this happen? (Every night I turn on the Airplane mode but this has never happened before)
    2) This software or Hardware issue? (I am very worried about this because that I bought my z10 on ebay and have no warranty on it. And I've seen a lot of posts about Completely dead Z10)
    3) This could be due to updates using Sachesi?
    4) Could it damage the hardware of my Z10?
    Please help me because this is a very painful experience.
    Sorry for my bad english i'm from Russia.
    01-09-14 07:56 AM
    Hi Meowx and welcome to the CrackBerry community.

Heating and battery drain usually go together (indicates high activity of the device) and I don't see why/how it could damage your device, don't panic !

Can you be a little more specific about your sachesi usage ?

- if you're running .1025, I wonder if you haven't also installed some APKs I won't blame but maybe there's something we could check here.

- If you've installed a leak (or a new OS rev) in the last 24-48 hours ... don't search for alien reasons. That's it. The system is indexing back everything and may be trying to sync your accounts too (not sure if airplane mode is something handled by the OS in this 14-48Hrs period).

Let us know,
    Cheers
    SF
    01-09-14 08:15 AM
    I have AT&T device (I unlocked it in Russia). I didn't get 10.2 from my carrier and used Sachesi to get it. It was 10.2.0.429 and I got it 5 days ago. I do not have any installed APK only "native" applications.
    01-09-14 08:26 AM
    5 days ago seems a bit long as a delay for indexing. Unless you really have tons of apps and data.
    Sorry I have no concrete idea left ... but will ask some extra help for you.

oh, unless you"re using the Ebay app ?
    01-09-14 08:33 AM
    5 days ago seems a bit long as a delay for indexing. Unless you really have tons of apps and data.
    Sorry I have no concrete idea left ... but will ask some extra help for you.

oh, unless you"re using the Ebay app ?
    I have only pre-installed app and a bit of music in my library, I don't use the ebay application. It's not indexing, I'm sure of it because I could not open the Settings it is not normal. I want to try clean install of the OS (using the autoloader and then make a security wipe) whether there autoloader with a stable OS (not a leak)?
    01-09-14 08:54 AM
    I have only pre-installed app and a bit of music in my library, I don't use the ebay application. It's not indexing, I'm sure of it because I could not open the Settings it is not normal. I want to try clean install of the OS (using the autoloader and then make a security wipe) whether there autoloader with a stable OS (not a leak)?
    Not being able to open Settings > Account Settings is usually associated with rouge APKs messing up the system. If you mean Settings, they you better reload your OS, as something is seriously wrong. But did you try a tob buttom reboot? What about a volume rockers reboot?

From what you posted, I guess the issue was some android app in the background (no need for active frames in this case) desperatly trying to get signal - which it couldn't due to air plane mode being on. That caused processor stress (heat up) and therfore the battery drain.

Sachesi has nothing to do with this btw.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-09-14 09:38 AM
    Not being able to open Settings > Account Settings is usually associated with rouge APKs messing up the system. If you mean Settings, they you better reload your OS, as something is seriously wrong. But did you try a tob buttom reboot? What about a volume rockers reboot?

From what you posted, I guess the issue was some android app in the background (no need for active frames in this case) desperatly trying to get signal - which it couldn't due to air plane mode being on. That caused processor stress (heat up) and therfore the battery drain.

Sachesi has nothing to do with this btw.
    I mean Settings. After rebooting, the problem was solved. But I'm still worried about why it happened because I do not have any installed APK and only pre-installed apps.
    01-09-14 10:02 AM
    Maybe SKYPE?
    01-09-14 10:14 AM
    Maybe SKYPE?
    skype is not installed on my Z10
    01-09-14 11:28 AM
    I mean Settings. After rebooting, the problem was solved. But I'm still worried about why it happened because I do not have any installed APK and only pre-installed apps.
    Something was wrong/corrupted in the install and BB10 was trying to self-heal is my better *guessed* answer here.

P.S:
    If you were ready to reinstall a full OS ... just do yourself a favor and try 10.2.1.1259 <= this is nothing but a suggestion, of course. But since you use sachesi, I presume you're quite advanced already, therefore my suggestion.
    Please take the time to read the related warnings and how-to's ...
    Starting here : BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Latest : http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-links-885963/
    01-09-14 01:56 PM
    Something was wrong/corrupted in the install and BB10 was trying to self-heal is my better *guessed* answer here.

P.S:
    If you were ready to reinstall a full OS ... just do yourself a favor and try 10.2.1.1259 <= this is nothing but a suggestion, of course. But since you use sachesi, I presume you're quite advanced already, therefore my suggestion.
    Please take the time to read the related warnings and how-to's ...
    Starting here : BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Latest : http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-links-885963/
    I wanted to install a clean, latest stable OS (10.2.0.429), not leaked. What is the best way to do it?
    As I got it, there is no autoloeader, which installs stable os?
    01-09-14 03:35 PM
    Have you looked for an Autoloader for that version? It might be in the OS subforum. Also, a bit more complicated - Sachesi can find the correct OS and download and then load it.

Or use BB Link to reload the OS.
    01-09-14 04:24 PM