I recently reset my BB. Everything I needed, such as contacts etc. restored fine, but, now, when I visit a web page, and ask to 'Add to Home Screen', a message appears saying it has been added, but it's not there.

Any ideas?
    02-27-13 08:28 AM
    No one else experienced this?
    02-27-13 09:15 AM
    Pretty please....

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 11:32 AM
    Sorry, but no. Might be a stupid question, but have you checked all your screens?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 12:57 PM
    Don't forget to check both "Personal" and "Work" profile.
    02-27-13 01:04 PM
    Anyone find a solution??? I updated my Z10 and since the update I can no longer add web pages to the home screen even though when I try to, the device gives me the message that the site has been added. I don't have work/personal accounts and I've checked all three screens and nothing. I've tried with multiple websites and none seem to work anymore.

Really need a solution.

Thanks.
    03-07-13 03:55 PM
    Don't forget to check both "Personal" and "Work" profile.
    That only applies if you use your device on a network where the administrator enables BlackBerry Balance. If not, the default setting is for personal.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 05:16 PM
    I have had the same issue but it does works for most websites.

Sorry, I'm sure that is little help.

Try homepaging something simple like google.com and see if that works.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 05:23 PM
    I put the original post up.

It turned out that the issue was a corrupt back-up that I reloaded. I had connection issues during one of the first software updates .

I did reset the device to factory settings, but the problem was solved when I restored to a previous back-up. I'm sure the factory reset made no odds as I did this first and reloaded the corrupt back up, and it was no different. That's what led me to try the previous one, and it's been fine since.

Obviously this is only of use if you have another back-up that you can restore too, but worth mentioning.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 12:46 AM
    Yep, I had this same issue after restoring a backup.. I think something ad hoc like moving around icons or deleting one of them somehow fixed the issue. IMO the entire backup / restore process needs to be combed through by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 12:55 AM
    All my backups since have been fine. However, I agree with the above to an extent. The new desktop software isn't the best.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 02:38 AM
    I put the original post up.

It turned out that the issue was a corrupt back-up that I reloaded. I had connection issues during one of the first software updates .

I did reset the device to factory settings, but the problem was solved when I restored to a previous back-up. I'm sure the factory reset made no odds as I did this first and reloaded the corrupt back up, and it was no different. That's what led me to try the previous one, and it's been fine since.

Obviously this is only of use if you have another back-up that you can restore too, but worth mentioning.

Posted via CB10
    I had this problem and tried restoring an older backup. Didn't work.

I also tried the solution where you change the language and region. That also didn't work. There must be other people having this problem. Any other solutions?
    04-26-13 12:29 AM
    Has this problem been solved?
    04-26-13 12:34 PM
    Anyone? Should I return the phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 01:31 PM
    I have the same issue and it remains unresolved.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 07:26 AM
    I don't think there's a real solution for this issue right now. I hope the update with Verizon fixes this.
    04-28-13 07:50 AM
    Please try going to browser settings, privacy and security, all the way the bottom and press the "Clear Cookies and Other Data" button.

They try adding a bookmark to home screen.
    04-28-13 07:54 AM
    Tried it. Still doesn't work.
    04-28-13 08:07 AM
    I've had this problem and the fix is stupid.

Change your language to something other than your regular language (I picked UK English, usually use just English). Then open the Browser and try to make a home screen bookmark again. The website must be a www site. Www.cnn.com for example.

Sometimes I have had to do the save to home screen twice before it saves CNN. Once the CNN works change you language back and you can then save any page....until it happens again. Then do this all fix all over.

Posted via Z10
    04-28-13 08:17 AM
    This basic feature really needs to be solved.
    Sometimes, changing the language and region did help, other times not.
    One of my very few quirks with this phone.
    04-28-13 08:30 AM
    Tried it. Still doesn't work.
    I had the issue after loading the latest 10.1 leak. Clearing cache fixed it.
    04-28-13 08:37 AM
    I will give it a try right now.
    04-28-13 08:40 AM
    I had this problem myself just had to clear my cache and history in the browser as per blackberry reps advice and it worked right away without a reboot. Give it a try if it doesn't work might want to call BlackBerry bec the guy was telling me he had other things to try if that didn't work. Also he said it usually has to do with corrupted backups.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 08:46 AM
    I've had this problem and the fix is stupid.

Change your language to something other than your regular language (I picked UK English, usually use just English). Then open the Browser and try to make a home screen bookmark again. The website must be a www site. CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News for example.

Sometimes I have had to do the save to home screen twice before it saves CNN. Once the CNN works change you language back and you can then save any page....until it happens again. Then do this all fix all over.

Posted via Z10
    Did not work. If the 10.1 update fixes the problem I can wait.
    04-28-13 08:48 AM
    I had this problem myself just had to clear my cache and history in the browser as per blackberry reps advice and it worked right away without a reboot. Give it a try if it doesn't work might want to call BlackBerry bec the guy was telling me he had other things to try if that didn't work. Also he said it usually has to do with corrupted backups.

Posted via CB10
    Tried that too. Do you know if update will fix the issue if it is a corrupted backup.
    04-28-13 09:10 AM
33 12