I just went through two days where the phone would get warm and start sucking battery. It seemed to do it more when in the basement but was making me wonder. I just assumed a weak signal was making it work harder.

But as quick as it started, it stopped. I'm back to running cool and battery going all day and then some, regardless of where I am. What's weird is I did nothing, no restarts no apps that I loaded or deleted.

Maybe the NSA was working overtime....LOL

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Same story here, and you might actually be on to something. Maybe they were just pulling gobs of data.
    06-12-13 09:59 PM
    Skype did produce this battery-drain-issue on my Z10. Had it running the whole day long again without having that kind of battery-draining.
    So my reboot (to fix the crashed/hanged Skype) fixed this issue for me. Until next time...
    Hey Blty... thanks for mentioning the Skype app crash draining your battery. I can confirm that the same happen with my Z10...though I am not using Skype but for me it is Gtalk app which causes the issue.

While running in background it crashes and then while trying to reconnect it is unable to connect and drain the battery very quickly.

I would request other members to confirm whether they also facing these issues are having issues of app crash.

By the way my first post to the forum.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 11:17 PM
    I was browsing through the app world last night, and noticed the back towards the top getting extremely warm. It concerns me because I had an iPhone that did this, and because of the heat it actually burned the focas on a part of the camera, and i dont want this to happen again on my Z10. So what are chances it would have been a data pull issue, because i was scrolling through Blackberry apps?
    06-18-13 06:59 AM
    Hmm, today it occured again - without Skype on the device.
    It was not getting hot but battery drained as hell - after 5 hours standby, it was under 10%.
    06-18-13 07:10 AM
    Mine was doing it this weekend. I tried pulling out the battery last light and charging it. I will see if this works and report back.
    06-18-13 07:51 AM
    Similar problem. Except mine ONLY gets really hot when it's in my pocket at work( I'm a cashier for a grocery store). I take it out and leave in on my till then it cools down. This is when there is little to no use, no active frames, sending the odd message out. Then I can sit there and play games and I have no overheating at all. Also yes my battery drains extremely fast when it's hot

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 08:19 AM
    Mine does it occasionally actually. And I'm still not sure why. Mine was just on my table the whole day. When it's about noon, it gets hot and the battery just drops about 10% in about 15 minutes.. but after a while it gets back to normal and everything's fine again..

Anyone knows why this is happening?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 08:45 AM
    I pulled the battery out and put it back in now it seems OK. I was using my calander when it happened. I was trying to see appointments in future months. Which did not sync so I could see the appointments.
    06-18-13 09:09 PM
    Well...grrr...occurred again.

New suspect: any Android app that hooks into notifications.

As mentioned before, I don't have Skype on my Z10 any more as this was my first suspect.
    But today I received some notifications from the ebay app and since then, my Z10 started heating up and drain battery. Therefore I think this may have anything to do with this issue.
    Of course it's just a guess again.

Hope this will be fixed in the next update as this is really annoying.
    06-19-13 07:23 PM
    I have the exact same issue lately but everything is back to normal after a battery pull. I suspect that an app is not shut down properly and is making the cpu work hard and kill the battery fast. I also suspect that its an android port doing it and an update caused it to not shut down properly. I can't say for sure but I think it may be the app World Stock Market. Good app but it's an android port and I think it's culprit.
    06-19-13 08:16 PM
    My situation is a bit weird.. my battery works great and can last for about 12 hours. But some days, after I take it off from the charger, it gets hot and drains about 10% within half and hour.

Anyone else experienced this before or know what's the cause of this?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 05:05 PM
    Same issue* only getting 5hours... very annoying

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 05:56 PM
    Dont know if anyone has said this yet but you guys should check if your emails are syncing properly it could be the cause

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 05:58 PM
    Hmm.. how do you check if they are syncing properly?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 06:04 PM
    Same issue, no skype nor eBay.. nothing but whatsapp and fb

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 06:17 PM
    Hmm.. how do you check if they are syncing properly?

Posted via CB10
    yes how?
    06-21-13 06:18 PM
    Go on your computer and sign in to your email and check if any of the emails are maybe unread or haven't been sent to you phone it has happend to me my phone got really hot for about two days I checked my email I had 16 unread messages that never went to my phone

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 10:22 AM
    I had this same issue a couple months ago. Completely random, no reason behind it. I updated all my apps, no Android side loads, restarted the phone, basically tried everything. It lasted a few days and then magically went back to normal and was working fine. Now all of a sudden its back and has been heating up and killing battery in a few hours. My battery will be fully charged and within 3-5 hrs it will be dead, when before it would last all day on one charge. I have once again tried everything and after changing some settings and observing I think I have found the issue.

Data services are killing my battery. Even when I am not using the phone (sitting on my desk) and has a strong connection got AT&T for some reason the phone I guess is still searching for signal which heats up the phone and kills the battery.

Mobile Network seems to work fine so calling and texts are no issue but data is killing the battery even when not in use. As soon as I turn off "Data Services" the phone cools down and the battery instantly stops draining. From my battery monitor app I can tell my battery life doubles from 5hrs (20% decrease per hour) to 10hrs (10% decrease per hour)

Any idea how to fix it? I'm hoping its a sim card issue but my sim card is brand new so idk.

To find Data Services: Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Network > Data Services
    06-24-13 11:07 AM
    Go on your computer and sign in to your email and check if any of the emails are maybe unread or haven't been sent to you phone it has happend to me my phone got really hot for about two days I checked my email I had 16 unread messages that never went to my phone

Posted via CB10

so how is it fixed?
    06-24-13 11:17 AM
    This is what my battery was like last week and since I got the device actually.

Sudden z10 problem: Hot, no battery life-crackberry-image.jpg

Now it looks like this.

Sudden z10 problem: Hot, no battery life-img_00000223.png

When it's charging and I use it it actually drains instead of charging. When the phone is in standby it is now using 0.80 watts instead of my usual 0.04 watts.

I didn't put any new apps on or change anything. I have done several security wipes. Tried several OS numbers. Tried it with no restores and nothing is fixing it..

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 11:48 AM
    My phone has been going insane past few days too. I think it started since I updated whatsapp. Grrrr hate that app can't wait for bbm to cross over and then it is bbm or text only.

Going to try a battery pull!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:26 PM
    I get the overheating while using Waze....battery dies soon after. quite a pain now!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:49 PM
47 12