It is sad when having been the only one amongst all your friends, work colleagues, etc, you were the one trumpeting the new Blackberry before its launch. And yet, only a few weeks into having it, you are beginning to question whether it was really worth it. Not only was the phone more expensive here in Hong Kong than anything else on the market, but it had the issues everyone said: limited apps, yardage yardage yardage. But no matter, we give it a go. So about a week ago the battery suddenly just starts plunging and dies in about half a day. No side loaded apps, no major apps of any kind. Very minimal use, yet I am swapping the battery three times a day. Also it is getting very hot whilst in its holster with no obvious activity.

I miss alarms because it dies overnight doing nothing. I'm sorry Blackberry, there is simply no scenario where this is even nearly okay. Not now, not today, not with the competition you have. The effort to keep Bella Bambina alive is not a charity effort. Thor, for all your talk of we wanted to get it absolutely perfect before launch - sorry, mate, you guys have totally failed. Giving it a security wipe (again something I have never had to do with any other phone) if that doesn't work, there is simply no option then but to give it up and return to an iPhone. Very, very sad and depressing.
    05-14-13 07:06 AM
    I would probably go for upgrading the software to OS10.1.x.x rather than just a security wipe which won't fix any corrupted OS files. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-3-a-805185/ You should also consider whether you have something as simple as a defective battery.

However a review of your post history to date suggests you always had a highly public return of Z10 as your end game. If that is the case please feel free to switch platforms and donate your Z10 to a charitable cause who can do what is needed to make it work.
    lynkedmagic likes this.
    05-14-13 07:37 AM
    I would probably go for upgrading the software to OS10.1.x.x rather than just a security wipe which won't fix any corrupted OS files. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-3-a-805185/ You should also consider whether you have something as simple as a defective battery.

However a review of your post history to date suggests you always had a highly public return of Z10 as your end game. If that is the case please feel free to switch platforms and donate your Z10 to a charitable cause who can do what is needed to make it work.
    +1

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 08:11 AM
    Actually, you know what, that's actually the last thing I want. I just want a phone that works which I can trust. Now I do the wipe and reload and now none of my e-mail accounts synch. So even more problems. If you've looked at my other posts you'll see few of them. That's because I've actually been really happy with the phone, singing its praises to everyone who'll listen, but I get one problem and post here looking for suggestions and I get someone jump on me. And you're meant to be a moderator. Maybe you justified to, seeing as you seem to be under constant attack here for faulty stuff, but maybe you should realise that there is a real problem with this platform. I don't want a public return, but you tell me what options I have when the thing simply won't work as I expect a modern flagship platform to do.
    05-14-13 08:13 AM