Hey guys,

Has anyone noticed that when playing movies from their z10 onto the big screen via HDMI that the video sort of stutters a little bit? Am i just crazy or does anyone else notice this? This occurs with movies downloaded from bbworld and movies through the network using the file browsers and remote file sharing.

Now i can understand the remote file sharing because its through a network but movies directly off of the phone, nah it shouldn't happen.

I am just wondering if it has anything to do with the OS 10.2.1055 or whatever or my 15 foot long cable i am using.

Could it be the cable? Nah, i cant imagine any interference until 20 feet.

Any thoughts?
    12-09-13 08:26 PM
    Happens to me too. I think it's that phone can't process graphics quick enough. It also happened previously on both 10.1 and 10.2 for me, so it's not the leak causing it. Happens on videos on the memory card as well as on Netflix.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:29 PM
    I find it does that when the movie is on the card. Not when it's on the phones internal memory.
    Only on high res also. I have some 'good enough ' videos that don't do it on the card.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:33 PM
    Hmm, perhaps someone with a Z30 can chime in to see if its possibly the phone or the hardware composition of the phone ie: Ram/Processor of choice.

We all know the Z30 is faster, i am curious as to if it happens there too.

Glad its not the cable, don't really know why i purchase 15 feet lol..got a good deal on ebay so i couldn't resist. $10.30 Canadian!

I guess the movies from bbworld are stored on the SD card, perhaps its not fast enough. I have a 32GB Class 10 Sandisk. It should be fast enough.. the fastest currently for a decent price.
    12-09-13 08:37 PM
    After checking the spec's of the Z10 there shouldn't be a problem with the transfer rate (speed)
    All I can think of is that you can get cables that have higher transfer rates. For instance, For my 3-D HDTV a normal HDMI cable is rated 1.3 But, you need a cable with a rating of 1.4 to bring in the 3-D.
    So, I suspect that may be the case here, too.

I haven't actually tried this myself but they say that singing stops the stuttering.

Try it with a musical and see if that works!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 12-25-13 at 02:35 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-25-13 02:22 PM