Please forgive me if this is obvious, I tried to fix it but I need help.

I have a recurrent meeting with the same people twice weekly on the same day at the dame time. I've entered the names of the other participants in case I need to contact them quickly at some other time ( i can go to people then email/text etc). But it seems that every time the even repeats ( twice a week) it sends invitations to these people. they are getting a little annoyed, I'd like to keep their names associated with the even but NOT send them invitations.

Is this possible ?
    02-26-14 04:07 PM
    Maybe just add those people in the notes section instead of participants.

Blasted through cyberspace with my BlackBerry Z10.
    02-26-14 04:21 PM
    Whenever a participant is added, you'll have the opportunity to control invitations. Delete your participants and add them again. This time choose not to invite them. They should not receive any invitations from now on.
    02-26-14 04:25 PM
    Whenever a participant is added, you'll have the opportunity to control invitations. Delete your participants and add them again. This time choose not to invite them. They should not receive any invitations from now on.
    Exactly. If you have to edit the event then just make sure to not 'invite ' again.

C0015B221 All about making Wine kits.
    02-26-14 04:41 PM
    thanks, I dont know WHY I didnt think of this
    02-26-14 05:07 PM
    i deleted them but when I added them back there was not choice to invite them or not ( or if there is I cant find it). Is this through the conferece Bridge/no bridge or private on off slider ?
    02-26-14 05:14 PM
    Have you tried using the remember app? It's easy to store contacts in it associated with a meeting or event.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 07:15 PM
    i deleted them but when I added them back there was not choice to invite them or not ( or if there is I cant find it). Is this through the conferece Bridge/no bridge or private on off slider ?
    Is your appointment connected to your "local calendar" or an "email calendar"? You say the participants receive notifications before everyone scheduled appointment. This means that an invitation has been sent before. Upon editing an appointment and saving it should give you this option. Just check out what calendar you're using and switch it to an email calendar from now on. It should work.

A stupid calendar question-img_20140227_093145.png

For now, just try this. Check if you have a reminder set for these appointments and turn it off. This should take care of your issue with this appointment at least.

A stupid calendar question-img_20140227_093228.png
    Attached Thumbnails A stupid calendar question-img_20140227_084208.png  
    02-27-14 02:44 AM
    But if I do this I won't get the reminder, correct? I'd like to continue to get alarms (by email so if I'm writing away from my phone and lose track of time I get the email chime but I don't want it to send out the invites to the other people.
    02-27-14 06:33 AM
    If you want to keep the reminder you have to setup a new appointment and add the participants. When you save the appointment you have to choose the option not to send the invitation.

It should also work within your current appointment, I can't tell why it isn't working for you. I have tried several different ways as a test and it works for me the way I explained it. Perhaps it's a bug. When something seems really screwed to me I always do a reboot (hold down both volume keys until the phone restarts). Perhaps if you do this and then create a new appointment it will work.
    02-27-14 10:37 AM