That's terrific! I find right now it will sometimes even change languages on me. like if I type I it will change it to je. I'll notice the mistake, go back, to see that I typed it the way j' wanted but it changed it on me. Annnnnd there it just happened lol.

Glad to hear it's been fixed!

Posted via CB10
    I have English, French, and Spanish set up and it's useful when I'm writing in French or Spanish. However, 95% of my writing is in English but I'm constantly getting word suggestions in th other languages. For example, "th" which I just typed has an accent on the letter e which really makes the word tea in French. Another example is Mxico.

It should be pretty easy to determine what language I'm using and omit foreign language word suggestions. Otherwise the keyboard gets too cluttered. I have no choice but to delete the other languages. Je hope I explained the issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 06:11 AM
    How many times have you tried to swipe up on the space bar and instead swiped out of the app? It keeps happening to me!

Posted via CB10
    Me too!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 06:16 AM
    Clear the learned words!

Posted vai CB10 - STL 100-01
    tfp likes this.
    05-03-13 06:36 AM
    How many times have you tried to swipe up on the space bar and instead swiped out of the app? It keeps happening to me!

Posted via CB10
    Install the 1627 build and you will see a big difference with various keyboard issues including swiping out if the app. That used to drive me crazy.

Posted from the beyond...
    05-03-13 06:42 AM
    you're not the only one with this problem. I started a thread on it the other day. Auto Correct has been getting worse and worse over time for myself and a bunch of other people. Very frustrating and my typing is getting slower with more and more mistakes. I used to love typing on my Z10 - it was the first touchscreen keypad I actually liked using, but now it is very frustrating!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...er-time-801885
    05-03-13 07:20 AM
    I found this from Drewread a forums advisor on the Blackberry Support Forum and found it helpful:

Become your z10's master, teach it, don't let it teach you!

The z10 learns how you type, it is scarily sentient once you become it's master and train it in the ways of your lingo. I swear that my ZED reads my mind 99.9% of the time, in fact sometimes it creeps me out.

How do you become it's master and bend it to your will?

Master the spacebar flick.

Learning the spacebar flick is a very important part of training the z10 keyboard to do what you want it to do.

When you flick up a word from the spacebar you put that word into the z10's 'vocabulary' so that it can use it for you again, and it will.. the very next time that you try to type it. This flick 'trains' it to use your language and structure. Sucks, f*c*s (the real word not the polite *ed out version), etc will always be replaced by ducks unless you teach the z10 how to use slang or swear. You teach it these words by chosing them over the suggested word by flicking that word up.

I had to teach mine to be a potty mouth, but now it swears like a sailor.. and it works really well.

The spacebar flick can be a bit to master, especially when you have larger thumbs (like I do!), but if you find yourself going to the home screen then you have flicked from too low on the spacebar and you have initiated the home screen gesture instead. The proper flick position is just below the word (near the middle of the spacebar button works nicely), and the action is to actually touch the spacebar and then flick up through the word. A nice short efficient flick should do it.

Properly correct words that you missed flicking.

Don't use the backspace key, at all, ever (unless you only want to delete one letter)!

If you accidentally hit the spacebar and the incorrect word comes up, simply swipe once from right to left anywhere on the keyboard to have the exact word that you typed. The word you typed will replace the word that it was replaced by when you hit the spacebar, and the space that you wanted will also be there.

This does not teach the z10 the word, but it will save you some frustration trying to get that word you missed flicking back so that you can move on and train it next time,

This same action will also delete the word if you swipe a second time, great for spelling mistakes or to go back and flick the right word up so that you don't have to worry about it a third time. Want to get rid of the next word? Flick left again

Flick words up rather than typing for a while.

As you type on the keyboard and the word suggestions pop up over the letters, use them, flick them up and the z10 learns your sentence structure and how you type and use words together.

The proper flick is to touch the letter below the word suggestion and do a short flick up through the word, it will even work if you are on the letter beside the word.

You will find yourself using longer words (proper words!) like synchronise rather than sync. I always felt like I was typing slower when I did this, but when you realise that it only took you two taps and a flick to put up an 11 letter long word you start to realize that you are actually typing much faster than you feel you are and the other benefit is that you will sound smarter!

Once you have flicked words for a while you will notice it becomes easier to know when to flick a word up, and you'll skip the shorter ones (the, you, can, same, etc..) because you know that the keyboard will correct those for you anyway.

Do not adjust your typing style.

The z10 learns where you are tapping the keys and adjust to match your keystrokes. If you always hit the 'Y' key a little short and hit the 'U' instead, the z10 learns this as it autocorrects for you and adjusts the 'Y's sensing zone into the zone of the 'U' key. It makes this correction so that you don't have to change your finger movements.

If you start to adjust where you are hitting the keys then it can't learn from you, so don't change.. you are the z10s master!

Once you feel that you have turned your z10 into a Jedi.. go on a keyboard tear!

After you have put these tips into practice for a while your Padawan z10 will be ready to achieve Jedi status. At this point it is ready to use the Force and read your mind.

I first noticed this after about two weeks of flicking around, I suddenly decided to see how fast I could actually type on the z10, so I just typed out an email to a client as quickly as I could. Man was it fast... and accurate! I think I was typing at least two times faster than I would on my 9900's physical keyboard, which I previously thought was the most amazing mobile device that I had every typed on (I have been using the physical keyboard since the 950 was the new toy to have..) I literally was amazed at the corrections that it made and what it spat out. What went in looked like gobbeldygook as it flashed on the screen and it was corrected instantly when I hit the spacebar, when I missed the spacebar a few times it would correct three or four words at a time. I was flat out amazed.

Really... give it a shot. It does work amazingly well if used as designed.
    habs_fan likes this.
    05-03-13 08:23 AM
    It doesn't need to be fixed.. your word is above the space bar, just swipe up

Posted via CB10
    No. He is talking about when a word appears ON the space bar.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    05-03-13 08:27 AM
    i'm thinking there is an option called "direct input"...
    05-03-13 08:31 AM
    No. He is talking about when a word appears ON the space bar.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Yes, and to get the word he wants ie his example was typing good but the space bar says food, is to swipe up! So I'm right lol

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 08:44 AM
    Yes, and to get the word he wants ie his example was typing good but the space bar says food, is to swipe up! So I'm right lol

Posted via CB10
    Um, no lol. The point is if you type an actual word it shouldn't change it on you. If you write "I'm good" and spell it correctly, it shouldn't change good to food. Someone mentioned this was fixed in 10.1 so it doesn't really matter I guess anyway.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:40 AM
    Thanks guys. Specially for the ones stating 10.1 has fixed this issue.

For ones who think this is a user error issue, what you think now? BlackBerry thought it needed a fix!!!

I actually don't mind the space auto correct. It is very helpful when you misspell but not when you have something correctly spelled!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:41 AM
    Um, no lol. The point is if you type an actual word it shouldn't change it on you. If you write "I'm good" and spell it correctly, it shouldn't change good to food. Someone mentioned this was fixed in 10.1 so it doesn't really matter I guess anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Thanks for explaining it.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:44 AM
    I found this from Drewread a forums advisor on the Blackberry Support Forum and found it helpful:

Become your z10's master, teach it, don't let it teach you!

The z10 learns how you type, it is scarily sentient once you become it's master and train it in the ways of your lingo. I swear that my ZED reads my mind 99.9% of the time, in fact sometimes it creeps me out.

How do you become it's master and bend it to your will?

Master the spacebar flick.

Learning the spacebar flick is a very important part of training the z10 keyboard to do what you want it to do.

When you flick up a word from the spacebar you put that word into the z10's 'vocabulary' so that it can use it for you again, and it will.. the very next time that you try to type it. This flick 'trains' it to use your language and structure. Sucks, f*c*s (the real word not the polite *ed out version), etc will always be replaced by ducks unless you teach the z10 how to use slang or swear. You teach it these words by chosing them over the suggested word by flicking that word up.

I had to teach mine to be a potty mouth, but now it swears like a sailor.. and it works really well.

The spacebar flick can be a bit to master, especially when you have larger thumbs (like I do!), but if you find yourself going to the home screen then you have flicked from too low on the spacebar and you have initiated the home screen gesture instead. The proper flick position is just below the word (near the middle of the spacebar button works nicely), and the action is to actually touch the spacebar and then flick up through the word. A nice short efficient flick should do it.

Properly correct words that you missed flicking.

Don't use the backspace key, at all, ever (unless you only want to delete one letter)!

If you accidentally hit the spacebar and the incorrect word comes up, simply swipe once from right to left anywhere on the keyboard to have the exact word that you typed. The word you typed will replace the word that it was replaced by when you hit the spacebar, and the space that you wanted will also be there.

This does not teach the z10 the word, but it will save you some frustration trying to get that word you missed flicking back so that you can move on and train it next time,

This same action will also delete the word if you swipe a second time, great for spelling mistakes or to go back and flick the right word up so that you don't have to worry about it a third time. Want to get rid of the next word? Flick left again

Flick words up rather than typing for a while.

As you type on the keyboard and the word suggestions pop up over the letters, use them, flick them up and the z10 learns your sentence structure and how you type and use words together.

The proper flick is to touch the letter below the word suggestion and do a short flick up through the word, it will even work if you are on the letter beside the word.

You will find yourself using longer words (proper words!) like synchronise rather than sync. I always felt like I was typing slower when I did this, but when you realise that it only took you two taps and a flick to put up an 11 letter long word you start to realize that you are actually typing much faster than you feel you are and the other benefit is that you will sound smarter!

Once you have flicked words for a while you will notice it becomes easier to know when to flick a word up, and you'll skip the shorter ones (the, you, can, same, etc..) because you know that the keyboard will correct those for you anyway.

Do not adjust your typing style.

The z10 learns where you are tapping the keys and adjust to match your keystrokes. If you always hit the 'Y' key a little short and hit the 'U' instead, the z10 learns this as it autocorrects for you and adjusts the 'Y's sensing zone into the zone of the 'U' key. It makes this correction so that you don't have to change your finger movements.

If you start to adjust where you are hitting the keys then it can't learn from you, so don't change.. you are the z10s master!

Once you feel that you have turned your z10 into a Jedi.. go on a keyboard tear!

After you have put these tips into practice for a while your Padawan z10 will be ready to achieve Jedi status. At this point it is ready to use the Force and read your mind.

I first noticed this after about two weeks of flicking around, I suddenly decided to see how fast I could actually type on the z10, so I just typed out an email to a client as quickly as I could. Man was it fast... and accurate! I think I was typing at least two times faster than I would on my 9900's physical keyboard, which I previously thought was the most amazing mobile device that I had every typed on (I have been using the physical keyboard since the 950 was the new toy to have..) I literally was amazed at the corrections that it made and what it spat out. What went in looked like gobbeldygook as it flashed on the screen and it was corrected instantly when I hit the spacebar, when I missed the spacebar a few times it would correct three or four words at a time. I was flat out amazed.

Really... give it a shot. It does work amazingly well if used as designed.
    Haha...perfectly stated! I agree, maybe some of us (me for sure!) should just delete the learned words & start over now that we have a better feel for this keyboard. I've had mine since release day1 in Canada & think I need to whip it into submission now

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:12 PM
    Good points, and I haven't loaded 10.1 yet but glad if its fixed.

It shouldn't be correcting proper words like "Do" to "Di" and So to Si
    05-03-13 12:12 PM
    I agree with OP; auto correct is buggy as hell in 10.0.

I hate that the space bar by default does an auto correction.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:33 PM
40 12