What I find very frustrating is that BB10 corrects rightly spelled words into something it thinks I wanna say.

For instance if I wrote "food" it thinks I wanna say "Good"and changes it when I hit space.

Anyway to turn that off? Or will it be fixed in next OS update?

Posted via CB10
    madx80h likes this.
    05-02-13 06:41 PM
    You have to pay attention to the auto correct for the first little while. You make sure it's choosing the right words and it will learn how you talk. It gets really accurate.

Posted via CB10
    Cracktere likes this.
    05-02-13 06:46 PM
    It doesn't need to be fixed.. your word is above the space bar, just swipe up

Posted via CB10
    trynacu2, Cracktere and vgorous like this.
    05-02-13 06:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    What he said

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 06:52 PM
    I simply turned predictive text and auto correct off. So much easier without the artificial ***** trying help.

Posted via Z10
    05-02-13 07:31 PM
    I know I can swipe, thanks for smart as a comments. But when you type fast, you wanna quickly type, space, type. Swiping slows things down considerably.

I'm totally ok with the swiping if I haven't spelled something fully or wrong, but the system should just leave correctly spelled words alone. It's really the flaw of the way it works.

Posted via CB10
    DeeLishusOne and potatoguy like this.
    05-02-13 08:08 PM
    I know I can swipe, thanks for smart as a comments. But when you type fast, you wanna quickly type, space, type. Swiping slows things down considerably.

I'm totally ok with the swiping if I haven't spelled something fully or wrong, but the system should just leave correctly spelled words alone. It's really the flaw of the way it works.

Posted via CB10
    No need to be a I doit about it! Your the one who says it needs fixed when it doesn't! And you never said you knew about swiping... instead of being a goof to someone helping you should re word you questions better

Posted via CB10
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    05-02-13 08:10 PM
    Awesome, thanks for the tip. I'm a moron never even noticed I could swipe up on the space bar to keep my types word.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 08:10 PM
    There is already a thread about this

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    05-02-13 08:18 PM
    What I find very frustrating is that BB10 corrects rightly spelled words into something it thinks I wanna say.

For instance if I wrote "food" it thinks I wanna say "Good"and changes it when I hit space.

Anyway to turn that off? Or will it be fixed in next OS update?

Posted via CB10
    Yes brother, I can feel you. Used to have the same problem with this annoying aggressive space auto correct, but I'm happily to report that since leak 10.1 OS upgrade yesterday (1627 build), this issue's already addressed.

Space button now is just 'space' without any alteration (as long as you put real ungibberish word), with an alternative swipe up.

Posted via my Awesome Z10
    madx80h likes this.
    05-02-13 08:28 PM
    Yes brother, I can feel you. Used to have the same problem with this annoying aggressive space auto correct, but I'm happily to report that since leak 10.1 OS upgrade yesterday (1627 build), this issue's already addressed.

Space button now is just 'space' without any alteration (as long as you put real ungibberish word), with an alternative swipe up.

I just noticed that. So much better.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 08:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    How many times have you tried to swipe up on the space bar and instead swiped out of the app? It keeps happening to me!

Posted via CB10
    ehcanuck and DeeLishusOne like this.
    05-02-13 10:07 PM
    User error, sorry to say. You hit the space bar only if the word you wish to use is actually on the space bar. Food and Good. There, I just tried it and I have no issue. You must have hit your space bar so often, accepting Food that it now thinks that is your preferred word.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:18 PM
    I simply turned predictive text and auto correct off. So much easier without the artificial ***** trying help.

Posted via Z10
    Just means you will never fully experience the features of the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    It isn't a flaw. You taught your keyboard to accept good in place of food, my friend.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:20 PM
    How many times have you tried to swipe up on the space bar and instead swiped out of the app? It keeps happening to me!

Posted via CB10
    Almost every single time! LOL! Need to swipe up slower.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:21 PM

That's terrific! I find right now it will sometimes even change languages on me. like if I type I it will change it to je. I'll notice the mistake, go back, to see that I typed it the way j' wanted but it changed it on me. Annnnnd there it just happened lol.

Glad to hear it's been fixed!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:31 AM
    You hit the space bar only if the word you wish to use is actually on the space bar.
    You realize how annoying it is to look at the space bar every time you hit it to make sure it has the correct word on it?
    05-03-13 12:39 AM
    I just turned off the space bar and kept everything else...I believe that's what you wanted in from this post.

Stupid autocorrect-img_00000122.png

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    05-03-13 12:44 AM
    That's terrific! I find right now it will sometimes even change languages on me. like if I type I it will change it to je. I'll notice the mistake, go back, to see that I typed it the way j' wanted but it changed it on me. Annnnnd there it just happened lol.

Glad to hear it's been fixed!

Posted via CB10
    Kinda funny seeing it happen just as you speak about it
    05-03-13 12:45 AM
    Also after 2,3,4 weeks, you'll only get faster!!! I thought I would never be as fast as my Bold, but now I'm flying!!

05-03-13 12:46 AM
    Yeah, the autocorrect frustrates me alot. Sometimes it'll autocorrect my words into a word that isnt even a word ! For instance, when i type "you" it'll autocorrect me to "yiu" like seriously ? Happens everytime, and when i try to swipe the word on top of the space bar, i'll minimize the whole chat instead by accident. So frustrating.
    05-03-13 12:54 AM
    Also after 2,3,4 weeks, you'll only get faster!!! I thought I would never be as fast as my Bold, but now I'm flying!!

Definitely! Now as I'm typing this, almost never looking at the keyboard, as long as I'm using formal consistent English language. So convenient

05-03-13 12:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Has definitely been happening to me

Vancouver Canucks "our team, our way"
    05-03-13 02:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Definitely... you have to be very precise with it... several cm above from the bottom of screen to avoid it... can be a pain in the ***

Kah
    05-03-13 04:30 AM
40 12