Odd think happened: after a wipe, the Z10 started normally with the setup procedure. I had no sim card inserted and I tried to do the setup over wifi. All went well, selected the wifi network and swiped left to the license agreement screen.

Mad things started. A popup message showing "no network connection" showed with the option to go back to wifi selection. Which I did. Repeated procedure over and over again with the same result, but no way to fix it.

I tried: battery pull, deactivate wifi network, move out of wifi networks (any) coverage, insert BB sim etc. Regardless what I did, the moment I switch on the phone goes to the wifi network selection.

Tried to restore. "You have not completed the setup procedure" message (or similar) was poped up both on link and on web update.

Any advise please apart of trying to smash it with a hammer? This really rendered the phone useless ... ok. not useless, I can use it as a pretty expensive always available wifi network scanner ....

Thanks!
    04-04-13 03:21 PM
    I had this happen once on my Alpha Dev, turned out the problem was with my router and not the phone, rebooted the router and it then worked. Not sure why this happened, but that is what fixed it for me.
    04-04-13 03:37 PM
    nope. didn't work. tried few times ....
    04-05-13 01:06 AM
    With my experience, you have to have a SIM card inserted for the setup to complete. I'm guessing the reason for this is that the setup needs to know what carrier you are on to do some initial setup as well as download specific carrier stuff through the wifi setup you just did in the previous step.

I would get pass the wifi setup but couldn't get any further. As soon as I inserted a SIM card, it let me continue with the setup.
    04-05-13 01:10 AM
    With my experience, you have to have a SIM card inserted for the setup to complete. I'm guessing the reason for this is that the setup needs to know what carrier you are on to do some initial setup as well as download specific carrier stuff through the wifi setup you just did in the previous step.

I would get pass the wifi setup but couldn't get any further. As soon as I inserted a SIM card, it let me continue with the setup.
    BB10 no longer using BIS. As long as WiFi covered, we can use every features in BB10.
    The headset should possible to proceed setup without SIM card.
    04-05-13 02:08 AM
    I have been done the same setup without sim card before. I managed somehow to get back more than wifi screen. Inserted the sim card, it recognized the network, but got another error that no network connection is available. Then, straight to wifi and back in the loop.

Will try to find a way and post back the results
    04-05-13 01:10 PM
    solved: used the autloader available on the net. All went well. Software changed to 10.0.9.... but working good. Doing the upgrade now and trying one more time.
    04-08-13 12:38 PM