Ok so after the new OS OTA update downloaded and installed, it asks you if you want to restart now or wait. I clicked wait to restart. A box comes up stating that the device must be restarted and not to power off the device during the process. The prompt box doesn't allow you to use the phone any at all. So I fell asleep and woke up 6 hours later and that prompt box was still there. The screen goes off of course and swiping up shows lock screen and i was still getting incoming emails etc. Swiping up again take me back to the prompt box stating that restart is required. So I restarted the device via the restart screen as there was nothing else that i could do on the screen; and now its stuck on the carrier screen. What is the deal here? I don't want to touch it in case it causes an issue, so I am not sure what to do here. I notice I am still getting notifications while stuck on the carrier screen as I can see the LED just start to flash again.
    Whats the solution??
    Last edited by cristianoCR9; 07-08-15 at 06:15 AM.
    07-08-15 06:05 AM
    push the top button and have it reboot again
    cristianoCR9 likes this.
    07-08-15 06:08 AM
    push the top button and have it reboot again
    A hard reboot seemed like my only safe option indeed. I still waited some hours to see if there would be any change, but none. So I just hard rebooted, and it seems to have rebooted nicely and from the screen I can see the progress bb logo and the info at the bottom of the screen says installing updates, loading blackberry 10 OS, etc. Wish me luck!
    I'll know for sure when its done if the OS has changed or there are any errors. Fingers crossed but it looks very positive.
    07-08-15 11:17 AM