I love the z10. It's smooth and fast. However, there are two Android apps that I am using daily and they never worked on the z10 after converted/ported.
    1) hondalink
    2) yamaha AV

I read somewhere mentioned that the z10 can stream media over the network. I want to able to stream music from the z10 to my networked yamaha receiver.

How do I do that on the z10?
    05-02-13 01:00 AM
    If your Yamaha is uPnP, you should be able to stream music from BB to Yamaha. From now playing, simply select 'Play On' from menu. Assuming BB and Yamaha are both connected to same wifi LAN, as this is a requirement.

Posted via CB10
    sqa4life likes this.
    05-02-13 02:07 AM
    uhmm...So, it can only communicates via the same "wifi" network?
    my Yamaha RX-A2000 is connected to my home network via CAT5. That's suck!
    I can stream music from my Samsung S4 to my my receiver fine, even though the receiver is connected via the ethernet cable and the S4 is on wifi.
    05-02-13 03:48 AM
    The Z10 will work the same way as your Samsung. It's not just Wifi to Wifi. There is no suck.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 04:11 AM
    The Z10 will work the same way as your Samsung. It's not just Wifi to Wifi. There is no suck.

Posted via CB10
    Yes - to clarify my earlier post, both devices involved in the stream need to be connected to the same local network. No necessary for both to be connected to LAN via wifi. Hope you have it all figured out at this time... and enjoying your tunes!
    05-02-13 10:02 AM
    Update:
    I just installed the latest "leaked" OS and it works like a champ. I was able to wirelessly connected my Z10 to my computer, stream the music on my computer to the receiver via the Z10. Awesome heh?

Now, once I could get the following apps ported and worked, I'll be the happiest man in the world :-)
    1) https://www.dropbox.com/s/46lduswc7103nxp/Roku.apk
    2) https://www.dropbox.com/s/l00r0h2pgn...CONTROLLER.apk
    3) https://www.dropbox.com/s/u10hgo3evogxo7z/HondaLink.apk

I've tried to converted/ported them, but they crashed every time I opened them on the Z10. No idea why.
    Last edited by sqa4life; 05-02-13 at 03:24 PM.
    erodenero likes this.
    05-02-13 02:33 PM
    I suggest you search for these bars at one of these sites:
    www.androidbars.net/?
    bb10bars.net/?
    apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/?

Posted via CB10
    bowsandarrows likes this.
    05-03-13 05:55 AM
    The upnp/dlna performance of the z10 from the stock music player and video player have been satisfactory so far.

I was just hoping for system-wide audio mirroring that would allow us to stream all device output audio to a dlna device. I've been trying to use the deezer app to play through my wireless speaker but i have not yet figured out how to...

This feature is available on my mac where you can choose any airplay device as the output speaker the system. Only issue here is an exact (and consistent) 1.7 second delay in audio. Which i can get around with VLC and the like, but not with youtube etc..

Anyone know how to help??

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 06:20 AM
    The upnp/dlna performance of the z10 from the stock music player and video player have been satisfactory so far.

I was just hoping for system-wide audio mirroring that would allow us to stream all device output audio to a dlna device. I've been trying to use the deezer app to play through my wireless speaker but i have not yet figured out how to...

This feature is available on my mac where you can choose any airplay device as the output speaker the system. Only issue here is an exact (and consistent) 1.7 second delay in audio. Which i can get around with VLC and the like, but not with youtube etc..

Anyone know how to help??

Posted via CB10
    Just get a Bluetooth adapter like the BlackBerry Music Gateway.

When connected to Bluetooth, all audio output goes over that.

This is easy but the Z10 has to be within range, Around 30 feet, of the Bluetooth receiver.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 07:56 AM
    Just get a Bluetooth adapter like the BlackBerry Music Gateway.

When connected to Bluetooth, all audio output goes over that.

This is easy but the Z10 has to be within range, Around 30 feet, of the Bluetooth receiver.

Posted via CB10
    I'm aware of the availability of bluetooth accesories. But i'm more interested in ouputting audio digitally to my networked speaker with a built in Digital to analogue converter... over wifi. Because the audio quality would be much better. Not to mention the fact that you wouldn't need to plug something in to use it...

also, my wireless speaker system does not have bluetooth... only wifi direct, dlna and airplay... and htc connect.

I'm not sure any mobile platform has the ability to mirror audio output from the device over DLNA baked in. I tried to figure it out using my android phone that i had before my z10. Only mac OS seems to have it built in (over airplay).

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 01:14 PM
    The fact that all system output is mirrored is a plus for bluetooth, though..

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 01:18 PM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:39 PM
    The devices need to be on the same network. The devices can be connected to that network over wifi or LAN connection, it should not matter. Saying "wifi network" is just shorthand reference, if a bit misleading.
    06-29-14 05:38 AM
    also, my wireless speaker system does not have bluetooth... only wifi direct, dlna and airplay... and htc connect.
    You don't need to have bluetooth on your wireless speaker system.
    Connect the BlackBerry Remote gateway to the system with a jack or RCA cable and your BlackBerry to the Gateway through Bluetooth. Voila.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 06:34 AM