Hi,

I've been receiving complaints about strange symbols showing up in my e-mail text from Z10.

Here is a 'snip'...

Thurs=ay or Friday are okay for me too.

=br>

Have you decided which hotel we'll b= staying at in Vegas? I want to check it out on Google to see where =hopping

It should read 'Thursday'. Also, there is a 'break' symbol. Then should be 'we'll be staying' and 'where shopping'.

Is there some setting that is incorrect on my phone?
    03-18-13 03:05 PM
    Hi, I have the same problem with the email client in my new BB Z10. I'm looking to get another email client for the BB Z10, but unfortunately I can't find anyone.

I did check on my settings and everything is Ok. The problem seems to be inside the email client itself and not into the configuration.
    03-24-13 09:45 AM
    yep, same here. tons of random =
    03-24-13 10:35 AM
    It's the html, it's leaking through, it's a formatting issue. They're working on the fix. It doesn't really happen with Gmail, but with hosted emails. I've heard K9 is a good email app, it's in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-24-13 10:54 AM
    guys heres a solution that worked for me!

the z10 currently has some issues handshaking with certain smtp mail servers. if you change the smtp settings to use your cell phone company providers smtp server settings it will fix the problem. go into the email accounts from settings, select your account that has been giving you grief. make the appropriate changes shown below and it should work instantly. it did for me!

smtp username should be blank
    update smtp password blank

smtp server address
    (currently it will have your email provider info, delete that out and replace with your appropriate provider (rogers, bell, telus etc. you may need to call tech support or google each providers smtp address as each company is unique) i am with bell so mine is
    mail.1xbell.ca) the only catch is, if you are on a wifi network your outgoing mail wont work, as this uses the cell network providers mail server for all outgoing emails.
    smtp port 25
    smtp encryption off

GOOD LUCK!
    04-03-13 08:02 PM
    This should be a priority for BlackBerry - I have sent out more than one email for important (to me) things only to find in the reply that I look like a bloody fool. I am a BB fanboy - but I can't stand for things like this, especially when you say to someone BB is a "grown-ups" phone for "communications" only to find your emails are not formatted properly.

We are in May now, please RIM - get your act together.
    05-03-13 12:45 PM