NB: I checked 10 pages of threads before starting this post which is what comes up when searching for z10 missing email and it took ages to go through them all, before any accusations fly.

So I strode manfully out the front door this morning, destination important meeting, with all the info I needed hidden in the inside pocket of my jacket. Reaching the station there was just enough time to quickly review the precise meeting details (when and approx where had been committed to memory already).

Stood on the station concourse, Z10 machismo in hand, I tried to find the email meeting confirmation. And it wasn't there. I looked up and down the inbox and couldn't find the particular email anywhere. Fortunately a previous unrelated email (meaning a different thread) from the same contact contained the company's address details, phew. I was nearly cut off in the middle of my prime, whilst attempting to strut a 'vogue' moment in a South London rail station.

Getting home later, mission accomplished and image intact, I find the email is still sat there in my IMAP account inbox (I have not synced anything except the inbox) but interestingly I have moved or deleted every other email from the same date (5th July, probably because they were final demands for money or something). So I have a single IMAP email for the 5th on the webmail, but nothing on the Z10 for the same date. This particular email is inbox only, it is not part of a conversation and I have not replied to it, forwarded it or anything similar. It's just a regular and plain inbox mail.

A similar thing happens on 6th July, in that I pruned everything down to a single inbox email that I haven't decided where I want it filed yet. And this little missive displays all well and good in the Z10.

Everything is cleared out for the 7th July, so empty, and that tallies fine with the Z10. But then I get to the 8th July. There are four 'unfiled' emails left in the inbox, all of which are conversation emails, i.e. they have been replied to and re-replied etc. The IMAP inbox clearly has all 4 emails under the 8th however the Z10 has 3 of them under the 8th and the last one, received at 5.29pm on the 8th, as being filed under 9th July, which is when I sent out a further reply. Now although this is correct from the sense of the dialogue view, it actually means that the Z10 inbox view does not match the IMAP inbox view.

Two questions: Does anyone have any idea what may have happened to the email of the 5th and also does anyone know if it is possible to change a setting so that the 2 inboxes actually match? I am prepared to start syncing the sent mailbox if it helps to achieve this.

I have tried a hub reset BTW, 5 diagonal swipes from top right. The hub did reset but it did not make a difference to which emails are displayed.

The Z10 is an STL100-2 on 10.1.0.2312.

Cheers.
    07-09-13 10:16 AM
    So AT&T delivered at last. Guess I picked a bad day to get a problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 01:51 PM
    Anyone got any ideas about this?
    07-09-13 05:54 PM
    Nobody cares

Posts via Z10
    07-09-13 06:04 PM
    Nobody cares

Posts via Z10
    It appears that way, but I'm sure it's just because people have been busy with the AT&T upgrade. Hope someone does turn up with help soon though.

Oh yes, and restart of phone didn't make any difference either.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 11:34 PM
    Also changing between 'conversation' and 'single message' does not cause the missing email to appear. (currently setting for 'show sent messages' is on).

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 12:52 AM
    Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?
    07-10-13 12:41 PM
    Okay, you can at least insult me. Just no respect these days. Sigh.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 06:08 AM
    Would love to help, but I don't have any imap accounts and this problem is probably above my pay grade.

Posted via CB10
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    07-11-13 06:40 AM
    Would love to help, but I don't have any imap accounts and this problem is probably above my pay grade.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for replying anyway Buddy. I don't feel as lonely now.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    07-11-13 01:05 PM
    I'm no expert but I can try to help, simply because this is a very helpful forum and I don't want you to think no one cares! It's probably more that no one knows and hence isn't posting.

First, your IMAP settings on the actual account - are they set to expunge the email if they are deleted from the Z10 or set to archive? Second, is the um...."not-really-missing-email" in a folder other than the inbox?
    07-11-13 03:01 PM
    I'm no expert but I can try to help, simply because this is a very helpful forum and I don't want you to think no one cares! It's probably more that no one knows and hence isn't posting.

First, your IMAP settings on the actual account - are they set to expunge the email if they are deleted from the Z10 or set to archive? Second, is the um...."not-really-missing-email" in a folder other than the inbox?
    Thanks @kazmi, good questions. Dealing with question 2 first if you don't mind; the email of the 5th is in the inbox of my fmail account but is missing from the Z10. At the present time I only have the one email account set up to sync in the Z10 and there is only one email folder on the Z10.

Am trying to use the Z10 as my "breaking news and outstanding issues" device and all folder organisation takes place on fmail, hence only one account and one folder.

Actually have realised that the solitary email of the 6th is a reply, whereas the email of the 5th has no prior history.

The IMAP setting deletes on both and my normal experience of this is great. A delete on the Z10 results in a transfer of email to the trash folder on fmail. A delete on fmail and the email disappears from Z10.

This situation is a real anomaly in I think 5 months of owning the device (purchased for cash end of January I think) .

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 07:58 PM