They said they sell them on contracts only and said id have to go to BlackBerry to buy it straight up.....he then remarked with a smirk that he doesnt think there are any BlackBerry stores.

Kinda had to hold myself back from telling the guy off but walked away.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-21-14 06:44 PM
    Sad times.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    03-21-14 06:49 PM
    Should have asked him what phone he owns, then laugh at him

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    03-21-14 06:52 PM
    You should have said (loudly with an incredulous tone), "wait, you work here????", laughed and walked out the door.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 06:54 PM
    Phonecist. Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 06:54 PM
    I was at my local Verizon and they only have q10 on display (I own a z10). I asked about the z10 or z30 and they said we don't have displays but I think we have them in stock in the back. These carriers aren't trying for sell the phones anymore. I don't know how BlackBerry is ever going to get back into the game. Not saying they can't but even when I tell people it's an awesome they acknowledge me but it's all about Android and apple.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 06:56 PM
    Most of the Verizon stores in my area display blackberry devices but they need to be ordered not in stock!
    03-21-14 07:27 PM
    I was at my local Verizon and they only have q10 on display (I own a z10). I asked about the z10 or z30 and they said we don't have displays but I think we have them in stock in the back. These carriers aren't trying for sell the phones anymore. I don't know how BlackBerry is ever going to get back into the game. Not saying they can't but even when I tell people it's an awesome they acknowledge me but it's all about Android and apple.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think BlackBerry cares about selling phones in the United States. Its like they have thrown in the towel. Idiots doing the marketing and sheep Americans on the Apple wagon just like the Obam a wagon. Sheeple

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 06:00 AM
    There are reasons why they are doing that and there are ways to try to overcome this. And its BlackBerry's job to overcome this. We as BlackBerry die hard fans have been loyal with BlackBerry and have done much for you guys. Please, let fight this war together. Long live BlackBerry.

Posted Via CB10 on Z10
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    03-22-14 06:04 AM
    Many of the world leaders including Obama carry Z10s.

I read this at N4BB:

From the office of Blackberry's CEO:

"We value the long-term relationship we?ve had with the White House and have been securing their mobile communications for more than a decade. The U.S. government requires the highest levels of security. We were the first mobility platform to receive the ?Authority to Operate? certification from the Department of Defense.

Governments test new technologies frequently, but nevertheless the U.S. government continues to choose BlackBerry for its unmatched security and cost effectiveness. Other vendors such as Samsung and LG still have a long way to go to catch up to meet the government?s stringent requirements and certifications. BlackBerry?s operating system has already received the highest security approvals from the United States, Great Britain and NATO, and our latest operating system, BlackBerry 10, is already certified for high-security users in various NATO countries.?

The Washing Post has added to this report as well:

?A White House spokesman said that the Executive Office of the President is not involved in any pilot program for testing non-BlackBerry phones and that there is nothing new to share about the president?s BlackBerry.?

Via my device connected to the Ethernet
    03-22-14 06:50 AM
    Yup... laughed at me too... but I don't care... I want it and its my money...

Posted via CB10
    mkiiw likes this.
    03-22-14 08:36 AM
    I wonder what kind of reaction do Windows users get? This whole "being laughed at" that us BlackBerry users have to deal with can get really old. I usually ask what do they know about the OS10 and the QNX platform?

Loving my Zed 10!!
    03-22-14 08:52 AM
    If you are doing something that the sheep of the world do not approve of, you can bet you're doing the right thing.
    03-22-14 09:06 AM
    Lol I haven't been in a carrier store since February 26

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    03-22-14 09:28 AM
    A big part of this problem is the lack of marketing on Blackberry's part. If more devices were shown to perspective buyers the word would get out and sales would increase.

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris and anon(5828343) like this.
    03-22-14 09:40 AM
    A big part of this problem is the lack of marketing on Blackberry's part. If more devices were shown to perspective buyers the word would get out and sales would increase.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Classic lack of marketing to the consumer.

I had a similar, albeit less offensive experience recently. They look at you with mild disdain, disbelief or they just look down on you. I can feel it whenever I go to the local stores.

They don't know all BB strengths. They only think "business user," or not. There may be other reasons as to why they don't actively sell them besides that BB is currently out of favor, e.g. they don't make as much money on them or something.

My 2 cents: keep visiting the stores and asking different reps about the BB and talk about the strengths. I try and do this. Gotta make them feel there's a demand.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    03-22-14 09:50 AM
    Who cares? Most of them are clueless.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    03-22-14 10:28 AM
    Complain! See who will be laughing then. What a jerk.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-22-14 10:32 AM
    Perhaps the return rate is high on the BB10 phones? I went through 2 Z10s. I also saw a thread on here about a fella who found a flaw in the phone's manufacture.
    I did like some features of the Z10. But I'm not patient enough to keep replacing phones every 2-3 months.
    That is nonsense. And consumers forking over 500 bucks for a phone deserve better.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    03-22-14 11:03 AM
    Perhaps the return rate is high on the BB10 phones? I went through 2 Z10s. I also saw a thread on here about a fella who found a flaw in the phone's manufacture.
    I did like some features of the Z10. But I'm not patient enough to keep replacing phones every 2-3 months.
    That is nonsense. And consumers forking over 500 bucks for a phone deserve better.

I'm sure there are some issues. I have a Q10 and Z10 and haven't had an issue. I'm also sure if you went on an IOS thread you'd find plenty of issues there too.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    CDM76, sk8er_tor and scorepion like this.
    03-22-14 11:08 AM
    I'm sure there are some issues. I have a Q10 and Z10 and haven't had an issue. I'm also sure if you went on an IOS thread you'd find plenty of issues there too.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    Ios - antennagate and the purple lens hue to name a couple. No company is perfect and no phone on the market is either.

Only been out one year, still early stages, these "reps" need to realize and always keep up on their products.

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    james pisano likes this.
    03-22-14 11:15 AM
    That's why I said "perhaps". If it's a possibility.
    I have been a BB customer for years. But having 2 premium devices fail within months of each other is something that I would be concerned about.
    For what it's worth, I am happy if your devices are working well for you. You paid your money for something, and it should work. As it should.

I've had a Z10 for over a year and haven't had any issues.

There are about a dozen in use in my workplace and no one is complaining.

I still use www.html5test.com when I get told BlackBerry surfing sucks.

After the test I get silence from the neigh-sayers.

Via my device connected to the Ethernet

Exactly.

Sent from iOS using Tapatalk
    blusls likes this.
    03-22-14 11:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    They can't/shouldn't waste time and money marketing the phones until they:

1. Ensure OS10 has all the features of OS7
    2. The app gap is closed (either via native apps, or a formal partnership with Google or Amazon)

There is no point marketing these phones to consumers until the above two things are done otherwise they will just be wasting their money. Imagine Joe Consumer seeing an ad for a new Zxx device and deciding to look into it further only to find out it doesn't have this app or that app. It makes the whole thing pointless. Peek and flow and the hub will not sell phones, as much as crackberrians love both.

With the above said, it is no surprise that Chen is focusing on the enterprise, the one customer that does not care about apps.
    03-22-14 11:19 AM
183 123 ...