I deleted several larger apps (deleted not uninstalled), all photos are stored on my SD card but still my storage space is limited. What do I do to create more space on my device?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 08:21 AM
    I deleted several larger apps (deleted not uninstalled), all photos are stored on my SD card but still my storage space is limited. What do I do to create more space on my device?

Posted via CB10
    Beyond removing certain bloat and apps. How much memory have you got left on storage and memory?
    01-05-14 08:25 AM
    Honestly, much like iOS and Android and their 'other' storage problems, BlackBerry 10 has problems cleaning up after itself as well. The best way to clean everything out is to save everything you wish to keep and simply just wipe the device. I know that's not the answer you likely want to hear but it's the best possible solution. Blow out all the old crap and start fresh. There's other options, like using the file manager to find duplicate files and leftovers but they often don't yield much results.
    01-05-14 08:28 AM
    Honestly, much like iOS and Android and their 'other' storage problems, BlackBerry 10 has problems cleaning up after itself as well. The best way to clean everything out is to save everything you wish to keep and simply just wipe the device. I know that's not the answer you likely want to hear but it's the best possible solution. Blow out all the old crap and start fresh. There's other options, like using the file manager to find duplicate files and leftovers but they often don't yield much results.
    The very poor HOUSEKEEPING is quite irritating. You'd think 40 years after I was a computer programmer, they would be able to do it right. It reflects poorly on their collective programming skills. While I agree with you that a WIPE is probably the best way to really accomplish this, asking folks to constantly wipe (and then restore) devices with 16 or 32 gigs of internal memory to clean up after the OS is more than inconvenient.

Oh, well, just venting.......... (which will probably be stored in OTHER DATA!!!)
    tryfe likes this.
    01-05-14 09:48 AM
    I found an uninstalled map program's 2gigs worth of data hanging around in the misc/android/.. folder. It is worth it to look a little closer.
    01-06-14 08:38 AM
    I found that the last time I did a backup then wipe then restore it flooded my memory. There is no way the apps I have take up the space taken.

www.mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735 Posted on my Z30
    01-06-14 08:49 AM