I just transferred over 29 gb of music to my 64 gb sandisk micro sdxc. but bb report in the storage said that i have free storage space of 47.4 while total storage is 59.3, so the sdxc is only filled 11.8 gb...

i m like, ha? confused...
    05-31-13 08:57 AM
    No 64GB sdcard has actual 64GB of free space. After you format it, it's always 59.3GB of free space.

There is no compressing whatsoever in BB10. Compression was used in BIS for data coming into the device from the internet. It was never about the SD card.

I can only imagine you didn't really copy 29GB of songs if it is reading only 11GB used... Reboot and double check.
    05-31-13 10:07 AM
    It is not a mistake, this is how i read it straight from my z10. It says music 29 gb but total used only 11 gb. I already understand that 64 gb is not 64gb. I m not questening that.
    No 64GB sdcard has actual 64GB of free space. After you format it, it's always 59.3GB of free space.

There is no compressing whatsoever in BB10. Compression was used in BIS for data coming into the device from the internet. It was never about the SD card.

I can only imagine you didn't really copy 29GB of songs if it is reading only 11GB used... Reboot and double check.
    05-31-13 10:24 AM
    Any chance some of those songs ended up in the device memory? And did you reboot like I suggested?
    05-31-13 10:33 AM
    Proof in screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails storage count mistake? or is BB compression really that good?-img_00000009.jpg  
    05-31-13 10:44 AM
    Lol man, I'm trying to help, not prove you wrong.

Now answer me: Did you reboot?
    05-31-13 10:56 AM
    If I had to guess, I'd say you need to run a quick disk check on that card to fix the free space index.
    05-31-13 11:16 AM
    Yes, I already reboot. But the strange thing is that the internal storage has the correct sum. When I plug the phone into the pc, the card reads 60 gb, so my pc is correct. But i connect to pc using usb mass storage mode and this is when usb storage mode is off.
    05-31-13 12:35 PM
    did you format the SD card in the Z10? ppl have been reporting strange things if they format the card somewhere else and then tried using in the Z10.
    05-31-13 12:45 PM
    Yes, I already reboot. But the strange thing is that the internal storage has the correct sum. When I plug the phone into the pc, the card reads 60 gb, so my pc is correct. But i connect to pc using usb mass storage mode and this is when usb storage mode is off.
    Something is very off... Your PC should read 59.3GB and not a bit more...

If you can give formating the card in the Z10 a shot, please do. What brand is it? SanDisk?
    05-31-13 01:17 PM
    yes, I format the card on the z10 first before doing any transfer. it's sandisk 64 gb class 10 micro sdxc

screen shot on win 8 read the correct size using usb mass storage mode (28.3 gb of music + 1.1 gb of others). It's the only way for me to transfer file using usb mass storage mode since I do not have capable reader. if I switch off the usb storage mode, it asked for bb link and I do not want to install bb link at the moment.

to trouble shoot, I also plug in an 8 GB card, and the 8 GB card calculate the correct free space available.
    Attached Thumbnails storage count mistake? or is BB compression really that good?-untitled.png  
    05-31-13 01:40 PM
    Update: this is strange. So I rebooted, can't solve the issue, took out and plug it back in, didn't work. This is Card A that behaves strange, read the capacity wrong.

I took another 64 GB from my tab, put it in my Z10, reformat, then recopy my music files. This is card B. After the process is done, card B read the capacity correctly. I was thinking, then maybe it's the card A problem

I took off card B, then put back the card A. then boom, card A suddenly read just like in the windows. got the correct capacity.

What could be the problem then earlier?

also, how long does it take for Z10 to index the card? I have been waiting 5 minutes but I can not access my video, music, and picture using the app, although if I go to 'my files' app, I can explore the sd card.

Thanks.
    Last edited by gameson; 05-31-13 at 04:14 PM.
    05-31-13 03:38 PM