04-22-13 05:30 PM
29 12
tools
    As all of you readers probably agree, I'm tired of all the repeat threads discussing the fact that someone is not happy, satisfied, or returning their Z10 for an Android or iPhone. Can we make it a point NOT to give these threads any attention? Most of them are bogus, some of them are downright ridiculous and honestly who cares? If they dislike or have issues with their phone, they should get what makes them happy. By giving these threads attention, it adds to the "trending" of the thread, therefore making almost every thread on the front of Crackberry.com a negative one. Besides, most of these people it seems are looking for attention, or the occasional "please don't go" from other members of the forum.
    04-22-13 12:11 AM
    As all of you readers probably agree, I'm tired of all the repeat threads discussing the fact that someone is not happy, satisfied, or returning their Z10 for an Android or iPhone. Can we make it a point NOT to give these threads any attention? Most of them are bogus, some of them are downright ridiculous and honestly who cares? If they dislike or have issues with their phone, they should get what makes them happy. By giving these threads attention, it adds to the "trending" of the thread, therefore making almost every thread on the front of Crackberry.com a negative one. Besides, most of these people it seems are looking for attention, or the occasional "please don't go" from other members of the forum.
    I agree. I think moderator should lock those threads when they come out cause they don't contribute anything.

Posted via CB10
    AdamentB, Spawn12 and eddy_berry like this.
    04-22-13 12:14 AM
    It should be noted that there is a thread for people leaving to another os... you can report posts made by users as well. I'm in agreement otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    AdamentB and Spawn12 like this.
    04-22-13 12:17 AM
    I keep visiting them hoping they will send me their device on the way out.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:17 AM
    So i am assuming we will take the same stance on threads that say "I love my z10" or "I love blackberry" because those don't contribute much either.

Look. I know in a blackberry forum many of you don't take kindly to what you may perceive as berry bashing or trolling, but I think you could serve the community far better by listening to the folks who gave bbry a try. I mean clearly there was something severe enough in their experience to make them reconsider their purchase and we should try to help them understand the phone, make fixes, and show out support to these people not show our contempt. People are so quick to lash out at people who had a poor experience and call them trolls, but guess what, a fan boy without reason to defend is a troll as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:22 AM
    So i am assuming we will take the same stance on threads that say "I love my z10" or "I love blackberry" because those don't contribute much either.

Look. I know in a blackberry forum many of you don't take kindly to what you may perceive as berry bashing or trolling, but I think you could serve the community far better by listening to the folks who gave bbry a try. I mean clearly there was something severe enough in their experience to make them reconsider their purchase and we should try to help them understand the phone, make fixes, and show out support to these people not show our contempt. People are so quick to lash out at people who had a poor experience and call them trolls, but guess what, a fan boy without reason to defend is a troll as well.

Posted via CB10
    No one has issues with people criticizing because they have an issue but if you traded your phone in then no amount of help offered here will matter so no point in posting about it.

Posted via CB10
    AdamentB likes this.
    04-22-13 12:26 AM
    Why not just say goodbye?

Posted via CB10
    mousmah likes this.
    04-22-13 01:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    AND WHAT NEXT ? YOU'LL GIVE THEM A FLAG ?....

Kidding... this place got a bit mental lately.

Posted via CB10
    AdamentB likes this.
    04-22-13 01:46 AM
    Is it ironic that I was thinking I shouldn't reply to this thread too?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:49 AM
    That is the point-the bashing is just as ignorant as the people who post about leaving. Either way, it is fine if they leave but this forum is beyond filled with posts regarding that topic. And then the bashing begins. And the arguments. And the fanboy accusations. It is not a good look for either side.
    04-22-13 02:34 AM
    I say stop responding to threads that say "Stop Responding to threads that say".

Yeah,,,right...good luck with that.

Tim
    04-22-13 02:59 AM
    Agreed this should be stickied. Posting your problems and working in the forums to try and resolve an issue is perfectly acceptable but the 100's of thread's that say "this is **** I'm leaving EVERYONE LOOK AT ME!!!" is ridiculous I've been ignoring them forever but what I don't understand is why people feel the need to feed these trolls!!!
    AdamentB likes this.
    04-22-13 03:03 AM
    Sort of feels like the lynching the early Playbook critics had to endure.

The PB was such a big success and those folks were so wrong.....

Tim

Crackberry For users and abusers...
    04-22-13 03:15 AM
    Funny thing about the PB. At that time i did not need any tablet. So when I read the reviews I was thinking. ****. Either PB is a piece of crap or the people posting about it are.

But when I needed. Not wanted a tablet someone gave me 1 free. And it wasn't PB

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 03:25 AM
    I agree.

Genuine enquiries should obviously be helped without complaint, but threads where the author has already returned (or 'returned') the phone or has no interest in our help or just wants to rant should be moved into a single 'returns' thread.

Even if they are genuine, that sort of thread is still rather trollish...when I moved from iphone to Z10 I didn't make an account at iMore and start a thread just to declare that and rant about how Apple sucks.

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 and AdamentB like this.
    04-22-13 05:06 AM
    OR! Have a 'trouble shooting' sub forum, and move all such threads there. That means the main Z10 forum wouldn't be so negative - in both threads and responses.

Posted via CB10
    AdamentB likes this.
    04-22-13 05:13 AM
    Guys. They have rights to complain. this is a public forum anyway. But you guys don't know if they are trolls or not. so you cannot really be so negative on that person that had their shot. but wasn't up there. and to be honest. being hostile to other people is really putting a disgrace and a bad reputation to this community. look at the other mobile nation communities. they treat people very nicely. Why can't Crackberry be like Wpcentral, Android Central and Imore and Webos nation?

sent using my Z10
    dikkr likes this.
    04-22-13 05:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    100% agree with this.
    The threads saying that the z10 is the best phone ever are just as bad.
    Ban all or ban none but don't try and censor these forums to suit your own purpose.

Posted via CB10
    AdamentB likes this.
    04-22-13 05:41 AM
    i agree that obvious troll posts should be ignored as should the ego rubbing i love my z 10 threads that everyone just agrees and claps eachother on the back in but i dont agree that we should stifle people who have returned their items if they state why it was a dealbreaker nor stuff people away into a troubleshooting subforum (unless the sub forum is easily noticeable for newbies) because its crossing that fine line of sweeping the z10s problems under the rug and falsely showcasing the phone in a hugely positive light. it might not be intentional but thats how it will look to a newbie who comes researching their z10 and sees no threads about issues or why some people found it a dissapointment/didnt meet their needs as most dont bother to search around other sub forums unless its placed in plain view and even then they may get the wrong idea and assume those are minor issues as they arent being discussed in the main body of the bb10 forum

id rather people looked through the returning threads and saw the whole spectrum of possible major issues before buying the phone as they will only come back complaining about being misled if they start experiencing one. we might not be able to help the OPs of those threads but theyll help newbies and fence sitters make a decision and any blackberry reps will take notice more than if people just posted "i love my z10 and we gallop across fairy rainbows in ecstasy together"
    darkehawke likes this.
    04-22-13 05:54 AM
    i agree that obvious troll posts should be ignored as should the ego rubbing i love my z 10 threads that everyone just agrees and claps eachother on the back in but i dont agree that we should stifle people who have returned their items if they state why it was a dealbreaker nor stuff people away into a troubleshooting subforum (unless the sub forum is easily noticeable for newbies) because its crossing that fine line of sweeping the z10s problems under the rug and falsely showcasing the phone in a hugely positive light. it might not be intentional but thats how it will look to a newbie who comes researching their z10 and sees no threads about issues or why some people found it a dissapointment/didnt meet their needs as most dont bother to search around other sub forums unless its placed in plain view and even then they may get the wrong idea and assume those are minor issues as they arent being discussed in the main body of the bb10 forum

id rather people looked through the returning threads and saw the whole spectrum of possible major issues before buying the phone as they will only come back complaining about being misled if they start experiencing one. we might not be able to help the OPs of those threads but theyll help newbies and fence sitters make a decision and any blackberry reps will take notice more than if people just posted "i love my z10 and we gallop across fairy rainbows in ecstasy together"
    Exactly. I learned more about the phone from those kind of threads rather then the z10's are awesome threads.
    Thanks to people who detailed their problems, I knew exactly what to expect from the phone which went a long way to helping cope with annoyances and definitely prevented me returning my device.
    If I had seen only the threads that touted the device as the best ever I'd have been extremely annoyed with what I had and moved on. The fanboys do more damage for a company then negative opinions do. Just my thought

Posted via CB10
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    04-22-13 06:04 AM
    I agree completely

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-22-13 06:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Most reasonable comment in this entire thread. Well said.
    taz323 likes this.
    04-22-13 06:39 AM
    Rant once or twice, everyone is cool with you. Do it all over again, it isn't an educational threads no matter how you spin it. Nobody cares what phone suites you. Go on with your life instead of wasting time making pointless ranting threads. I think people like those who makes lame a.s.s goodbye threads have to much free time on their hands. Go out and change the world blah blah blah. Life is short

Posted via CB10
    AdamentB likes this.
    04-22-13 06:43 AM
    Rant once or twice, everyone is cool with you. Do it all over again, it isn't an educational threads no matter how you spin it. Nobody cares what phone suites you. Go on with your life instead of wasting time making pointless ranting threads. I think people like those who makes lame a.s.s goodbye threads have to much free time on their hands. Go out and change the world blah blah blah. Life is short

Posted via CB10
    If noone cares what phone suits them then what is the point of this forum as that statement applies to BlackBerry as well

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:50 AM
    No. You're not the boss of me.
    04-22-13 06:57 AM
29 12