Backstory: around March I switched from working days in a kitchen to overnights at front desk. I was with Wind, and never got reception at work. During the day that didn't bother me, but at night, by myself I need a working phone when I'm walking the grounds.

I got a Z10 with Fido and it worked pretty well. Not amazing signal, buy we are a little out of the downtown core. Honestly, my Wind SIM in my Nexus S got better reception everywhere else, but Fido worked at work, which was the important part. My wife got my Wind SIM.

So, my wife is back in England right now, on a whim I popped the Wind SIM Into the Z10. I remember reading here on CrackBerry that the phone wasn't even officially compatible with Wind, but some people had been having good luck with it.

4G, full bars. Tried my NS again, no signal. Same as I got with my GNex(both of which were sold to me by Wind themselves).

My best guess is that the Z10 has a much better antenna than the Samsung phones. At the very least, all I have to do now is pay off my Z10 and I can get my unlimited data back.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    10-23-13 04:43 PM
    Sounds interesting. Thanks for the heads up!
    10-24-13 10:45 AM
    Very cool. I think you are right about the antenna being better. The one thing BBRY has always tried to do is make their devices very good at communicating, and that is what a good antenna will do.
    10-24-13 10:48 AM