Anyone still waiting for the update to pull through for your z10?

I'm in Australia. Still waiting

Join "Mustard seed faith" at C003C216D!
    09-02-15 01:18 AM
    09-02-15 01:33 AM
    Anyone still waiting for the update to pull through for your z10?

I'm in Australia. Still waiting

Join "Mustard seed faith" at C003C216D!
    Nop. Just use an autoloader already.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 03:59 AM
    I'm on T-Mobile Germany and I'm waiting, too. But I have no issues so I'm ok with 10.3.1 and keep the official OTA release.
    09-02-15 04:55 AM
    We few unimportant and unamerican (which is the same) people have to face that the normal way of deploying BB10 versions seems to be more and more publishing leaks from some dubious source and just not talking about this. Take this leak and live with it, you will not get something official this year. The reason for that is: a leak doesn't cost anything and deploys himself virally. What else does the user need? (Especially the intended business, authorities and government user ...)
    09-02-15 05:08 AM
    I'm on T-Mobile Germany and I'm waiting, too. But I have no issues so I'm ok with 10.3.1 and keep the official OTA release.
    The z10 got handed down to my daughter and we got tired of waiting for tmobile, so I went the autoloader route and upgraded to 10.3.2.2226. It's been running that way for several weeks with no significant downside. The Wifi calling( supposedly a reason to stay with carrier release) had been flaky since the 10.2 update.

Posted on my Passport to the future
    09-02-15 05:47 AM
    auto - load
    09-02-15 07:38 AM
    10.3.2 is basically a must-have in the US to meet the California security requirement. Why it would be "needed" outside the USA is a question. Just to have it? Then really, auto-loader.
    09-02-15 09:45 AM
    We few unimportant and unamerican (which is the same) people have to face that the normal way of deploying BB10 versions seems to be more and more publishing leaks from some dubious source and just not talking about this. Take this leak and live with it, you will not get something official this year. The reason for that is: a leak doesn't cost anything and deploys himself virally. What else does the user need? (Especially the intended business, authorities and government user ...)
    Give me a friggin' break. Not even going to comment on the stupid unimportant and unamerican nonsense.

Dubious? The files are genuine signed from BlackBerry. We're lucky to have them.

Blame the damn carriers for not releasing.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2239
    09-02-15 10:10 AM
    There are several builds of 10.3.2 available right from the BlackBerry servers. I don't know what "some dubious source" is supposed to mean.

Yes, the most recent build was a "leak" from the Beta Zone, but you don't have to pick that one. 2339 can be picked up openly right from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:10 AM
    There are several builds of 10.3.2 available right from the BlackBerry servers. I don't know what "some dubious source" is supposed to mean.

Yes, the most recent build was a "leak" from the Beta Zone, but you don't have to pick that one. 2339 can be picked up openly right from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I heard 2639 will be os for global roll out estimate 8 September
    09-02-15 10:16 AM
    There are several builds of 10.3.2 available right from the BlackBerry servers.
    Sure.
    I don't know what "some dubious source" is supposed to mean.
    Why aren't they official? Why does RIM not offer a single official download server and an official software for several platforms to put the leaked OS or parts of it onto a device? As long as they call it "leaks" and as long as you need a 3rd party software this entire process is unprofessional handicraft, usable for entusiasts, not usable for the customer, especially not for the enterprise.

I say it again: the argument, the carriers bear the blame, the carriers check and approve or delay the OS, is flimsy. A carrier has not at all the knowledge to do that. And what should be his interest? And why should a carrier indeed be involved in approving when you can surely run semi-official leaked builds on your device without being approved by any carrier? This all doesn't fit together. - I'm sure the carriers make a price for hosting and deploying files, because this is their business, and RIM tries to reduce the over all costs, so they publish and pay one official update per year, that's expensive enough, the rest comes via leaks in complete quiteness. More seems not to be possible at the moment.
    09-02-15 11:20 AM
    I heard 2639 will be os for global roll out estimate 8 September
    Where did you hear this from?

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    09-02-15 11:23 AM
    So far guys, what's the best Leak for Z10? I am in Germany and I got back a wonderful z10 from my brother. ....still in 10.3.1 here!

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 11:26 AM
    I say it again: the argument, the carriers bear the blame, the carriers check and approve or delay the OS, is flimsy. A carrier has not at all the knowledge to do that. And what should be his interest? And why should a carrier indeed be involved in approving when you can surely run semi-official leaked builds on your device without being approved by any carrier? This all doesn't fit together.
    You just arrived from some distant planet? Carriers want to "control" their releases for various reasons, including fine-tuning for their service. An obvious example is t-mo USA which offers wifi-calling. Anything other than their release will kill wifi-calling. There's the usual "bloatware" that carriers love to stuff into their releases. You may not like the way things are but... they are.
    Uzi likes this.
    09-02-15 11:53 AM
    Sure.
    Why aren't they official? Why does RIM not offer a single official download server and an official software for several platforms to put the leaked OS or parts of it onto a device? As long as they call it "leaks" and as long as you need a 3rd party software this entire process is unprofessional handicraft, usable for entusiasts, not usable for the customer, especially not for the enterprise.

I say it again: the argument, the carriers bear the blame, the carriers check and approve or delay the OS, is flimsy. A carrier has not at all the knowledge to do that. And what should be his interest? And why should a carrier indeed be involved in approving when you can surely run semi-official leaked builds on your device without being approved by any carrier? This all doesn't fit together. - I'm sure the carriers make a price for hosting and deploying files, because this is their business, and RIM tries to reduce the over all costs, so they publish and pay one official update per year, that's expensive enough, the rest comes via leaks in complete quiteness. More seems not to be possible at the moment.
    BlackBerry host all OS files. They all come from their servers. They always have - even the old BBOS 7 and older loader files. You just used to go through a "carrier portal" to get them. Still do if you are on a pre OS 10 phone. But the main Web site for the portal is still a BlackBerry address.

Flimsy reason? Maybe to you looking at it from the outside. But you don't understand the intricacies of the contracts between the carriers and BlackBerry that goes back many years before Apple came along with a desired product that allowed them a contract negotiation advantage no one else ever had. There have been plenty of discussion about this very topic many times on this forum.

Short version is... The carrier sells the phone. The carrier services the phone. The carrier wants to be in control of what goes the phone. The carrier is the first line of customer service so they want to already be aware of what it does.

This goes back to the days of the dumb phones that hardly ever saw a change in the software for the duration of the phone's use.

Sure, this is not so efficient with modern smart phones that have full out operating systems that rival most PCs in complexity and are just as big a target for malware and viruses requiring updates on a regular basis, but most of the big carriers still refuse to cede such control. A lot of smaller carriers either just can't keep up, or do let BlackBerry sent what they want.

Even so, carriers don't really care if you take updating into your own hands. Frustration with AT&T's constant delay of OS updates have led me to never relying on them. I always update to what I want, when I want. AT&T has never cared.

Now, if I ever called them for a problem with a newer version than they officially cover, I'd be out of luck. But I don't ever call them for issues because; 1. I've never had any problems I couldn't work out myself, and, 2. I wouldn't trust them to know the answer anyway.

Want updates more regularly? Buy an unlocked phone direct from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 and muellerto like this.
    09-02-15 11:58 AM
    Short version is... The carrier sells the phone.
    My carrier (the biggest one in my country) sold the Q10, Z10 and Z30. The last new device they had was the Q5, for a short time. Then they had still only a few older Q10 on stock. The last time they sold a BB device is about two years ago.
    The carrier services the phone.
    You mean repair, guarantee, putting in the SIM card, setting up an initial email account and such things? No. Years ago they did. If you today come into a shop the shop assistent hasn't even seen a BB device with his own eyes.
    The carrier wants to be in control of what goes the phone.
    I guess, the only thing the very most carriers do is to add a start screen with their specific logo. And in my case they added some contacts: their completely useless Hotline, Weather, Directory Assistance and some others. But the really interesting things, collecting meta data, tracking the phone and such modern achievements are done for all devices on the market in the same way, this is device and OS independent. This works of course also for unlocked or foreign devices or devices running leaks. OK, BB has it's specific BBM. Perhaps they have some effort to get in there, if they really want.
    The carrier is the first line of customer service
    I'm in Europe. I never got a single satisfying answer from them - I tried it! - not even when I still was on BIS, I had to configure my entire phone completely alone on the first day and it was a great help that I generally knew that my device needs an additional service from them. Since then they already removed all the BB related websites from their servers, BBOS and BB10 - both did once exist, you don't even get a FAQ list or something like that. BTW: because of that, because of carriers do a lot to avoid customer service, it is not good at all that RIM himself doesn't offer more and better materials and working email addresses and customer service. If you really have a question you can't ask someone, there are just forums.
    so they want to already be aware of what it does.
    But they already know what the devices do, each single one. The carriers operate the most lucrative services a device can use. They know what they need even when they don't know your device or your OS at all because the device does authenticated requests to their mobile services, so the customer can pay for it.
    09-03-15 01:15 AM
    What features does 10.3.2 have over 10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 03:23 AM
    My carrier (the biggest one in my country) sold the Q10, Z10 and Z30. The last new device they had was the Q5, for a short time. Then they had still only a few older Q10 on stock. The last time they sold a BB device is about two years ago.

You mean repair, guarantee, putting in the SIM card, setting up an initial email account and such things? No. Years ago they did. If you today come into a shop the shop assistent hasn't even seen a BB device with his own eyes.

I guess, the only thing the very most carriers do is to add a start screen with their specific logo. And in my case they added some contacts: their completely useless Hotline, Weather, Directory Assistance and some others. But the really interesting things, collecting meta data, tracking the phone and such modern achievements are done for all devices on the market in the same way, this is device and OS independent. This works of course also for unlocked or foreign devices or devices running leaks. OK, BB has it's specific BBM. Perhaps they have some effort to get in there, if they really want.I'm in Europe. I never got a single satisfying answer from them - I tried it! - not even when I still was on BIS, I had to configure my entire phone completely alone on the first day and it was a great help that I generally knew that my device needs an additional service from them. Since then they already removed all the BB related websites from their servers, BBOS and BB10 - both did once exist, you don't even get a FAQ list or something like that. BTW: because of that, because of carriers do a lot to avoid customer service, it is not good at all that RIM himself doesn't offer more and better materials and working email addresses and customer service. If you really have a question you can't ask someone, there are just forums.But they already know what the devices do, each single one. The carriers operate the most lucrative services a device can use. They know what they need even when they don't know your device or your OS at all because the device does authenticated requests to their mobile services, so the customer can pay for it.
    I was merely pointing out why the situation is what it is.

I certainly agree that the carriers are essentially inept and useless when it comes to dealing with our phones.

Again, it's why I only call my carrier when I need to do something with my cell service plan. I would never call them about the phone itself.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 09:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not much, really. The kill-switch aspect of BlackBerry Protect is the biggest addition. The rest is mostly polishing the OS.

They did add the ability to filter just your local contacts in the contacts app from the menu. Previously, you could only do that by going into the contact app settings and turn off the display of contacts from all other sources. That was something I was waiting for.

Posted via CB10
    Wmsi likes this.
    09-03-15 09:45 AM
    What about users with factory unlocked units? I personally think it's ridiculous to not be able to update the software manually in an official way. I'm currently waiting for my Z10 to be delivered to me, but as a long-time Nokia (symbian, Nokia E5) user I never had this kind of problem. You'd just plug it in, open Nokia Suite, click update and voila. Jolla users don't have this problem either, nor do iPhone users. I'm not sure about lagdroid users but I know that WP users have this problem too.
    09-03-15 04:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Make people drool.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.26xx
    Wmsi likes this.
    09-03-15 06:50 PM
    Just plugged my Z10 to my PC since March and received an update...Wow really miss this form factor.
    09-03-15 09:57 PM
    I am in Australia on Telstra and they provide the 10.3.2. 516 update

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 11:14 PM
    Maybe Android M,will be available for our Phone's,
    Like Venice, which will be "World's first Hackable BlackBerry " Thanks to the Android!
    09-04-15 08:14 AM
28 12