I fled Google Android because of its intrusive tracking and data mining. I've had my Z10 for a year. It is a great phone. I run 10.3.1. With no problems. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Don't listen to the nay sayers. Get one!

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    04-04-15 03:58 AM
    Dumb question time... How do you get the latest updates for the Z10? I want to buy one on Ebay but want to make sure that I can get 10.3 on it

Will it just be OTA?
    04-04-15 07:59 AM
    Dumb question time... How do you get the latest updates for the Z10? I want to buy one on Ebay but want to make sure that I can get 10.3 on it

Will it just be OTA?
    Depends on your Network it might be asking you to update as soon as you put your SIM card in.

If not then I would suggest the first thing you do when you get the phone is to use an autoloader which has the benefit of wiping the device of any old data if it's a second hand phone, even if it's new it will be like having a brand new device once you update it.

There is plenty of information on Crackberry on how to do this and it is really straight forward, take a look in the Leaks sub forum for the info.

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    04-04-15 08:07 AM
    I'm a Q10 man but got a Z10 last week because I missed it. Forgot how sleek and nice these are. So inexpensive too nowadays. The latest leak makes it run awesome. Spotify runs quick. The phone is really nice. Going to rock both a Q and Z and Hotspot one to the other.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 11:59 AM
    The Z10 is still a beautifully designed device that runs BB10 smoothly. Same dual core processor than the new #classic and the upcoming #Leap, same 2 GB of RAM... the main problem is the poor battery life but with 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 the battery life has been optimised so YES Z10 is a great device to be bought, even in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 04:04 PM
    Still a great buy I just bought a unlocked z10 and I'm on t mobile I got the 10.2 update and I put the Google play store on it and it runs flawless still a good phone if you don't want all the bells and whistles of a android or iPhone

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 04:47 PM
    My son and his droogies are always -- as in non-stop -- crying about their iPhart6 phones needing to be recharged.It's all about the Personal Theory of Relativity.
    04-04-15 05:16 PM
    Z10 is a great buy and has held up well compared to most other phones of similar age/specs. Battery is a known concern, but actually has improved with 10.3.1.

Don't let the "professionals" in here scare you off.

 Posted via Z10 
    04-04-15 05:43 PM

Will it just be OTA?
    Use Sachesi and update it using this: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...pdate-1009783/

This will bring you up to 10.3.1.2708
    04-04-15 05:43 PM
    Have an stl100-1 Z10 running 10.3.1 and getting 18 plus hours battery life plus 3 hours to go before charging ! phone runs smooth with no issues at all. Attachment 341976 screen shot is in Spanish but easy to see the battery life. Rocking with my stl100-1
    Hi, are you in Mexico ? How did you get the update?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 06:16 PM
    I have a Z10 stl100-2 on 10.2.1.3062 and it runs very good.
    No lag at all.

For the battery I use 2g mobile network when I have WiFi available and it runs all day with juice to spare.
    3g and LTE drains battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 06:06 AM
    I love my Z10, but suddenly the battery life is getting shorter and shorter since going to the latest leaked 10.3. I don't necessarily think it's related, it could just be the battery is ready to be replaced. I've had this one for quite awhile. The phone is also running very hot.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:23 AM
    I love my Z10, but suddenly the battery life is getting shorter and shorter since going to the latest leaked 10.3. I don't necessarily think it's related, it could just be the battery is ready to be replaced. I've had this one for quite awhile. The phone is also running very hot.

Posted via CB10
    Try running in Battery Save mode from 100% to extend life and check your usage logs to see what apps are creating the heat.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:31 AM
    My son and his droogies are always -- as in non-stop -- crying about their iPhart6 phones needing to be recharged.It's all about the Personal Theory of Relativity.
    Play the Droogs some Alexisonfire Happiness by the Kilowatt to cheer them up and show them life is more than nil when their gadgets are down tethered..

I find my z10s great. Have my main one still on 10.2.1 and my other one on 10.3.1. Both versions of the operating system work great on the z10. Some users report bad battery life, but I only find the battery bad using certain games, otherwise it is fine. I think that the biggest problem now is actually finding one as inventories are almost nil.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 10:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Run Device Monitor and see what is using the battery. Also check the CPU tab and see what is churning away (making it hot).
    04-05-15 06:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Which version are you using? I had the issue with one version of 10.3.1, but it went away with 10.3.1.2708. Also, if you just did the update it is normal for the battery to drain quicker than normal and for the phone to run hot for a while. The phone needs to reindex things, when it is done it will go back to normal.
    04-05-15 08:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you loaded the os recently it is syncing and need some time to settle in.
    It will be better after a few days and several restarts.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 02:34 AM
    I have had my z10 since August 2013 and not one issue, I am at the stage that my contract is ending I must now decide if I want a new phone or continue with the z10,
    One feature I love is the replaceable battery, I have a spare battery, but I could buy as many as I want, this is handy feature when your travelling. You could have a few batteries and not worry, many phones today do not have this feature, now applications, this is still the drawback if you are a application person there is no Google Play there is Amazon, but I call Amazon the Diet Coke of Android Applications,
    But other then that I find the z10 phone a sleeper, it's still a decent phone, and you can purchase them quite cheap , and with 10.3 you can download Blackberry Blend which I absolutely love,
    If you need a decent solid phone and are not worried about the latest and greatest applications the I fully recommend the z10 and purchase a few spare batteries ,
    oystersourced likes this.
    04-06-15 04:45 AM
    I thought I was the only one with battery drain issues, I have to keep the phone plugged up constantly

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 03:23 PM
    I don't think the battery is actually draining fast. I just believe the os is at fault. Try this trick. When you plug in to recharge restart your phone a few times while plugged in. I noticed 20% leaps in battery life the first two restarts. When starting at 40% I am able to recharge to 100% within 20-30mins with a few restarts. Annoying but it works. Thats why I believe the problem lies in the os not the battery.
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-07-15 03:30 PM
    had somewhat similar issue. Currently have iphone 5, used androids in the past. The problem for me is most new phones are just too big, I don't need and don't like 5in+ screen. So the choice is really limited, iphone 5, z10, several low end androids. Currently have iphone 5 and the only thing I like about it is its size. Not really happy about the (even potential) prospect of google tracking all my activities on the phone, so ended up buying z10. Yes, it is relatively old, but hardware is more than capable for most things (some newer phones have worse specs).
    I only wish blackberry just maintained the same size and form factor instead of developing all these new phones, but rather upgraded the hardware to improve performance and battery life. Soon there will be no compact phones on the market and quite a few folks do not need iphone 6, bb z30 or galaxy s6.
    SilverBack82 likes this.
    04-08-15 05:08 PM
    I've been in the same position a year ago. I have had mutliple devices (3androids & 1apple), but none of them could give me the comfort and ease of use as blackberry. So I returned to BB and bought a Z10. After a few months, I experienced nummerious problems, so I returned the phone for repair. I did get a new one and since then, man... am I pleased to return to blackberry! Just love the phone and works as a charm.

Conclusion: just watch out you don't by a stl-001 (like my first Z10), but go for stl-002.

Grtzzz

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-12-15 04:49 PM
    had somewhat similar issue. Currently have iphone 5, used androids in the past. The problem for me is most new phones are just too big, I don't need and don't like 5in+ screen. So the choice is really limited, iphone 5, z10, several low end androids. Currently have iphone 5 and the only thing I like about it is its size. Not really happy about the (even potential) prospect of google tracking all my activities on the phone, so ended up buying z10. Yes, it is relatively old, but hardware is more than capable for most things (some newer phones have worse specs).
    I only wish blackberry just maintained the same size and form factor instead of developing all these new phones, but rather upgraded the hardware to improve performance and battery life. Soon there will be no compact phones on the market and quite a few folks do not need iphone 6, bb z30 or galaxy s6.
    100% agree!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-12-15 04:51 PM
73 123