I was wondering if there was an app that pushed sports news and scores to the Z10. ESPN score center and theScore used to do this on my iPhone but I can't figure out how to have them do this on the Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 12:41 PM
    Not sure about sports apps, but the NYT pushes news headlines to me every now and then
    ronwayne likes this.
    04-04-13 12:42 PM
    The score automatically updates when app is open but no notification us sent nor does iphone app do this, but refreshes itself oh maybe every 5-10 min.

I use the score app on my bbz10, iphone 4, playbook.

Awesome app.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-04-13 12:45 PM
    TheScore definitely does send push notifications of the scores of your favorite teams at end of quarters, every 3 innings, close games late, and final score type stuff on iOS. Just something that is convenient for the rare occasions when you can't actually watch the game because of other things like today, got class during the 1:00 Mets game ugh

Posted via CB10
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    04-04-13 12:53 PM
    I was wondering if there was an app that pushed sports news and scores to the Z10. ESPN score center and theScore used to do this on my iPhone but I can't figure out how to have them do this on the Z10

Posted via CB10
    Nope, all of apps lack push notifications....Which sucks big time IMO.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    04-04-13 12:55 PM
    Uhhh no they don't. Download the NYT and tell me how all apps lack push notifications lol
    04-04-13 12:57 PM

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    Incorrect.

My Toronto Maple Leafs app will push game starts, goals, end results and news to my phone with the app closed. Had it happen a few times already.

-Chris-
    04-04-13 01:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sideload the Android version of ESPN Score Center, pushes notification perfectly for me. The native ESPN is severely lacking
    04-04-13 01:15 PM
    The Score is next to useless on the Z10, it was a GREAT app on my Torch and Bold, all kinds of customized push alerts by inning, every scoring play, tone alert selection, "close game" alerts, etc. On the Z10, I even have to manually refresh to get the updated inning/ score. I hope they get this sorted out.
    04-04-13 01:22 PM
    TheScore app for Z10 is recognized by the developer as needing fixes/updates for the app. I have been in contact with them and they are currently working on updating their Android app as there are apparently many issues with it. Once that is complete, they will begin to focus their attention on correcting all of the issues of the Z10 app and restoring it to the level of functionality of the BB OS7.1 and previous app. This was in early-mid march. I know that there has been a minor update or two since then adding a couple of the different leagues back, but I wouldn't expect full functionality until late spring/early summer.

In the mean time, sideload the Android Score Mobile app as it works fine with push notifications while the app is closed.

The native Toronto Maple Leafs app as well as the native Toronto FC app both have push notifications while closed as well. So its not so much an issue that the TheScore app can't do as much as it is that they haven't gotten around to doing it since the initial release. Also, the F1 Live 24 app has push notifications.

I have NHL SportsCentre, CBC Hockey Night and Sportsnet all loaded up natively and none of them offer push notifications.
    04-04-13 01:30 PM
    Side load the android version! Genius! Thanks a lot everyone

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 04:07 PM
    Uhhh no they don't. Download the NYT and tell me how all apps lack push notifications lol
    My apologies I should have put all sports apps (since the op is talking about sports apps)

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 04:10 PM
    My apologies I should have put all sports apps (since the op is talking about sports apps)

Posted via CB10
    That's still incorrect. As I stated, Toronto Maple Leafs Mobile, Toronto FC Mobile and F1 24 Live all have push notifications and all are sports apps. Those are just the native apps. Most of the side loaded android sports apps I've tried, Score Mobile, Score FC Mobile and Toronto FC Mobile all have working push notifications.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:12 PM
    That's still incorrect. As I stated, Toronto Maple Leafs Mobile, Toronto FC Mobile and F1 24 Live all have push notifications and all are sports apps. Those are just the native apps. Most of the side loaded android sports apps I've tried, Score Mobile, Score FC Mobile and Toronto FC Mobile all have working push notifications.

Posted via CB10
    Toronto maple leafs mobile does not cover all sports (besides hockey is probably the least most watched sport ). I shouldn't have to sideload in order to get basic functions (besides I hate how sideloaded apps run on my z10) that exist on ios / android. Thescore lacks push, the espn app is a joke. The mlb app lacks push. The cbs sports app is a laughable.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:23 PM
    Toronto maple leafs mobile does not cover all sports (besides hockey is probably the least most watched sport ). I shouldn't have to sideload in order to get basic functions (besides I hate how sideloaded apps run on my z10) that exist on ios / android. Thescore lacks push, the espn app is a joke. The mlb app lacks push. The cbs sports app is a laughable.

Posted via CB10
    Least watched sport? Where do you live? And why are you discriminating against hockey? Because it's not your cup of tea its not a sport? Wow.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:29 PM
    Least watched sport? Where do you live? And why are you discriminating against hockey? Because it's not your cup of tea its not a sport? Wow.

Calm down it was a joke (I follow hockey, during the playoffs though). Does the espn/thescore apps run slow on the z10? Honest opinion. If they run smoothly I will download them.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:32 PM
    Posted via CB10
    It's all good

The Score Mobile app runs quite well side loaded on my Z10. Can't speak for the ESPN app I haven't side loaded it yet because the Score Mobile app does essentially everything I need from a sports app

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:35 PM
    It's all good

The Score Mobile app runs quite well side loaded on my Z10. Can't speak for the ESPN app I haven't side loaded it yet because the Score Mobile app does essentially everything I need from a sports app

Posted via CB10
    Cool, one last question, Are your push notifications showing in the hub?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are you serious? Where in this world did u get that? Is that why every single Maple leafs game here in Toronto its sold out Also is that why stadiums for hockey games are sold out? Is that why Pittsburg team has sold out games? Do some research man before posting.

I won't go on lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:37 PM
    Cool, one last question, Are your push notifications showing in the hub?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, they show up as Notifications with the bell icon.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:43 PM
    Are you serious? Where in this world did u get that? Is that why every single Maple leafs game here in Toronto its sold out Also is that why stadiums for hockey games are sold out? Is that why Pittsburg team has sold out games? Do some research man before posting.

I won't go on lol.

Posted via CB10
    He was joking, check one of his posts where he quotes me but doesn't actually post anything new, second half of the quote is his post.

Now, let's all get along

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:44 PM

I won't go on lol.

Posted via CB10
    It was a joke m� amigo. I was taking a shot at the sport of hockey.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:46 PM
    The Score is next to useless on the Z10, it was a GREAT app on my Torch and Bold, all kinds of customized push alerts by inning, every scoring play, tone alert selection, "close game" alerts, etc. On the Z10, I even have to manually refresh to get the updated inning/ score. I hope they get this sorted out.
    have you gotten any sport app to give you notifications like how u use to get on your torch
    04-27-13 09:00 AM
    Going to give the New York Rangers app a try this afternoon to see if I get any push notifications.
    04-27-13 09:36 AM
    The Montreal canadiens app does push notifications! Just wish like others have said, that apps like score mobile did them like OS7.1!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-27-13 09:37 AM
26 12