I've searched the Forums for info on using speed dial on the Z10. I read one that said that you go to Contacts and do a long press on a contact's number and a speed dial option comes up. Well I've tried it a few times and I don't get a speed dial option when I do a long press on a contact's number. Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by shaleem; 03-27-13 at 12:37 PM.
    03-27-13 12:22 PM
    Not sure if you would consider this speed dialing.
    If I hit my Phone icon and go to Calls Tab, at the top Left I see Voice Mail, then Top Center and Top Right I have options to Add Number. If I click on Add Number, I can choose a contact and assign that Contact to that icon in my Phone app. So now, when I open the Phone Icon, I can just hit my contact's picture at the top and it will dial his/her number.

hope that helps
    shaleem and eBud like this.
    03-27-13 12:32 PM
    Not sure if you would consider this speed dialing.
    If I hit my Phone icon and go to Calls Tab, at the top Left I see Voice Mail, then Top Center and Top Right I have options to Add Number. If I click on Add Number, I can choose a contact and assign that Contact to that icon in my Phone app. So now, when I open the Phone Icon, I can just hit my contact's picture at the top and it will dial his/her number.

hope that helps
    Thanks for your help. I see what you've described. Can we add only 2 numbers? Thanks again.

Sonny
    03-27-13 12:36 PM
    Thanks for your help. I see what you've described. Can we add only 2 numbers? Thanks again.

Sonny
    No I believe you can add more than two,,just keep adding you will see the icons adding more contacts.
    shaleem likes this.
    03-27-13 12:40 PM
    Got it figured out now. Thank you so much for your help.
    Sonny
    03-27-13 12:42 PM
    There should be an app to create favorite contacts as App icons. One tap, calls them.
    03-27-13 12:46 PM
    Looks like from Contacts. You just touch the STAR next to the Contact picture and this adds the contact to Favorites.
    eBud likes this.
    03-27-13 12:53 PM
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help.
    Sonny
    03-27-13 01:03 PM
    You have to go to contacts from the phone app. That's where you assign speed dials, not from the contacts application.
    eBud and red72 like this.
    03-27-13 01:05 PM
    I have an app for that.

Speed Dial for BB10

BlackBerry World - Speed Dial
    drum and shaleem like this.
    03-27-13 01:33 PM
    Looks quite nice - 1 question:

1) Is it an app outside of the phone app that resembles the speed dial in the phone app, or does it use the phone app and remove the 9 speed dial limitation?
    03-27-13 02:41 PM
    I have an app for that.

Speed Dial for BB10

BlackBerry World - Speed Dial

Awesome, but someone needs to make an app that creates these icons as APP icons in the main menu. With this, you still need to open an app and then choose these, and I believe if you are frequently calling more than 10 people you really don't need a speed dial, just my opinion.. It will take longer to find the person down in the 93rd spot compared to just picking them from contact list or typing their name directly.
    03-27-13 03:32 PM
    Hmm well I just try calling my mom but once I long pressed her pic I still can't make it call using speed dial.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 12:17 PM
    If you long press a phone number in your call log in the phone app, it will bring up a side bar menu. Touch the star and it will add to speed dial.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    03-28-13 12:24 PM
    Once you have the picture there you don't long press. Just tappin it quickly should do it.

Posted via CB10
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    03-28-13 12:58 PM
    Seriously??? Could they have made this more convoluted???? How about just simply long pressing on the keypad????

ugh....I'm trying to love this phone. I really am.
    03-28-13 07:48 PM
    I wish they would abolish the 9 number limitation
    03-28-13 08:56 PM
    Seriously??? Could they have made this more convoluted???? How about just simply long pressing on the keypad????

ugh....I'm trying to love this phone. I really am.
    I know, basically I wish the keyboard shortcuts could return. However, I don't see how much faster it is to speed dial from keypad as opposed to just using favorites or speed dial list? My default in phone app is the Calls screen, when I hit phone, I see my faves on top, I just hit the picture and it dials immediately. To use keypad speed dial you would need to first switch to keypad, press and hold and wait.. Obviously keypad works as shortcut since 1 is assigned to voicemail already. If they only added keyboard shortcuts, it could take the BB10 operation to a whole new level. I hate the fact that it takes me 3-4 taps just to file an e-mail while I could do it with one click in 9700. Next unread, Previous unread? Missing, it is killing me!
    03-29-13 09:06 AM
    If you long press a phone number in your call log in the phone app, it will bring up a side bar menu. Touch the star and it will add to speed dial.
    Good tip. How do you remove the star/speed dial?
    04-14-13 03:03 PM
    If you want to delete a contact from speed dial, long touch their pic/icon and a side bar will pop out. Touch the trash can at the bottom to delete.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:08 AM