For all of the people that think BlackBerry needs to be in the specs war, you should reconsider.

There is no way they will ever keep up with all of the andriod makers in the specs war.

Not to mention they will kill their profits.

Samsung is in the specs war. Samsung sells mant more phones than Apple does.

Apple is not in the specs war.
    Apple sells fewer phones than Samsung does.

Apple makes more money selling phones than Samsung does.
    iPhones also have fewer stability problems than Andriod.

If you ask me, the experience route is the way to go.

When I got my z10, it was top of the line
    Now, it isn't. However the experience is still second to none.

Why chase fleeting specs?
    It is a battle no one can win.

Make people want your product above all others. Not simply the best specs for the buck.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 09:20 AM
    I tend to agree with you on the point of not trying to keep up with Android specs, but Blackberry needs to at least design a phone, and go "balls to the wall" with all aspects of it sorta like what HTC did with the One, I think that then they will at least have a weapon to fight with so to speak. I mean the Z10 for instance, would have been that phone a couple of years ago but right now it isn't (I still love it btw!) I know that NO other OS is going to "out Android, Android!" but BB10 can really strike a blow, if it's placed on the RIGHT spec'd out hardware.
    07-24-13 11:52 AM
    Android is a resource hog and requires those specs to run smooth. (which still isn't very smooth if you ask me) BB10 does not. Those specs would be wasted and would be costing dollars for something that is not required. Of course if we had the specs, maybe the Android fan boys would stop calling it last year's phone. Nah, they still would.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 11:59 AM
    Isn't BlackBerry 10 os a resource hog aswell?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 01:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    That depends. If you are comparing it to other phones no. Specs mean nothing and only android lovers look at them. It's very light and only has 2gb of ram to future proof it.
    If you are asking in the Playbook sense, you better shut up and get over it.
    07-24-13 01:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not that I have seen in my daily use, other than initially lagging some when hub is loading and a lil lag when sending a text and trying to go back to hub I don't recall seeing much lag in the device at all.
    07-24-13 01:26 PM
    I wish people would stop comparing BB to Apple. Even Apple has had competitive specs in the past - just recently they've started slacking.

And with their custom hardware, iPhone still smokes most other phones in a lot of ways.

Plus they have brand recognition and can afford to slack off in some ways. BlackBerry can't. Even when they had most of the market, the "inferior" iPhone made sure that the slacking RIM got what they had coming. They can't afford to do that again.

It's really sad that after all BB has gone through, their fans still think exactly the same as they did 4 years ago when RIM was on top.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    07-24-13 01:39 PM
    Android is a resource hog and requires those specs to run smooth.
    It does? I generally don't find it that bad. I don't particularly like it, but it's more because of all the things flying at me than performance.

This is a tough one for me, because I think a lot of people aren't logical about 'specs'. They think they need it, when they don't. I've seen people crow about a 1080p 5" screen but their eyes aren't good enough to tell the difference between a 1080p and 720p television let alone a 5" screen. I've seen people swear they need megapixels on their cameras, then post photos to Facebook. I've seen people swear that they need a multi-core processor, yet run the same apps as they ran on their single core phone. People brag about LTE even though no carriers in their area have LTE coverage. People crow about having NFC but never actually use it.

To me, specs need to be good enough so the device runs smoothly and performs the tasks I need to perform. I don't want to pay for stuff I won't use and don't want to pay for specs that I think will get in my way. For example, I know my eyes won't benefit from 1080p from a 5" screen, but I know my experience may suffer in terms of device performance or a shorter battery life to support a feature I won't benefit from. I'd rather spend the money on something that will benefit me. More storage. Or even a lower price point.

To many people, specs are a reason to 'brag', whether or not they'll be utilized. There's no logic, but it is a decision factor.
    zeratul65535 likes this.
    07-24-13 01:44 PM
    BlackBerry needs to hit those spec nerds, hit the ones who want innovative designs.

Just increase the damn market share

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 01:49 PM
    I think they need to be competitive on both price and specs. But they need to win over customers on a better experience.

The iphone 5 has a slow CPU yet is very competitive.

I am not interested in going after immature wanna be techies that think the fasted quad core means the best device.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 02:37 PM
    It's all about the User Experience.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 02:43 PM
    Specs. are only half the equation.

The QNX platform is outstanding and really works well with the new phones. For those who are tied to specs, the new A10 will really be a game changer for BB.

The memory management and the threading leave many Android devices in the dust.

QNX really shines with true multitasking. I have yet to see that work as well on any Android.

Internet page rendering is among the best if not the best ever tested at www.html5test.com

Via my Z10 beta 10.4.1.1338
    07-24-13 03:27 PM
    I think they need to be competitive on both price and specs. But they need to win over customers on a better experience.

The iphone 5 has a slow CPU yet is very competitive.

I am not interested in going after immature wanna be techies that think the fasted quad core means the best device.

Posted via CB10
    I don't mean to be rude, and although it's going to come out that way, I assure you its not the intent... But unless you own 51% of Blackberry why does who you are interested in attracting to the brand mean anything and better yet why does it matter to you? More sales only benefits everyone.
    07-24-13 07:01 PM
    A quad core, in my opinion, would merely be icing. Between the initial 10.0.9 and my current 10.2, all the eliminating lag and extending battery life have been through software. No giant (yet non-removable) batteries, no extra cores, just software.

However, being even faster is always appreciated, just that it doesn't have to be 100% spec-based.
    07-24-13 07:40 PM
    I don't mean to be rude, and although it's going to come out that way, I assure you its not the intent... But unless you own 51% of Blackberry why does who you are interested in attracting to the brand mean anything and better yet why does it matter to you? More sales only benefits everyone.
    I think this is the best approach for BlackBerry to be a heathy company which benefits all of its users.

Also, focusing on the best products also benefits me in ways that going for the most raw power can't.

Valid question and nothing rude about it.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 10:39 PM