I love the flicking of the words with the Z10. It is great when you send out emails that are almost word for word the same each time. But, I really wish the word I was typing was the word associated with pressing the space bar and the word it was suggesting was the flick. I rarely had spelling errors in my typing with the physical keyboard. Now my "mojo" becomes "mono" and my "love" becomes "live". Typing a message on my phone is no longer mindless and now requires me to re-read my emails to make sure they are what I want them to be.

Besides that, I am very happy.

DG
    05-09-13 06:35 AM
    Thank you for posting this because I experience the same thing but forgot to put it on here.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:04 AM
    Agreed. I would like it this way round too. Not a biggy but would be if I was a big email writer.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:05 AM
    +1

This is my only complaint with the z10

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:08 AM
    Try resetting the keyboard and or clearing the 'learned' words in the keyboard settings. See how it goes from there relearning your words. I did mine last week, and now my typing is much quicker and better. It is almost as if the device has now relearned the way I type, which is of course different to when I first got the device on 22nd March...
    05-09-13 07:12 AM
    I feel you man.
    Even on the Q10, sometimes it changed sucks to ducks.

It kinda ducks but it's alright I guess.
    05-09-13 07:35 AM
    I wouldn't agree with this one. I two thumb type a lot and heavily rely on the space bar to correct what I'm typing. To have to flick up the corrected word would dramatically slow down my typing.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:41 AM
    There's an option in Language and Input > Prediction and Correction to turn on and off "auto-correct with spacebar", and if that's turned on you can switch it between "fix misspelt words" and "insert top prediction".

This might be what you're looking for, though it seems to default to "fix misspelt words" while it seems to be inserting predictions, so I'm not sure how much it will help. I've noticed it's not just fixing spelling errors, but replacing properly spelled words with other words on its own. Could be a bug?
    05-09-13 10:46 AM
    Hmm I occasionally have this problem, but I have mostly learned to anticipate which words it will probably correct, then I flick those up. Mainly anything that's even sort of a swear, or slang

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 11:07 AM
    In addition to the above suggestions, if you add a frequently replaced word to the dictionary (such as sucks) it will prioritize the word you added to the dictionary (ducks won't replace sucks anymore)

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 11:19 AM