Perhaps - but I'm a heavy BB user and a BES admin, since '99 and my Z10 is going back as well. I could be a die-hard and just ignore the issues, but at this point...I'm not inclined to eat sh!t from a company who makes a device costing 600+$ that has more bugs than a roach-infested motel. I may revisit it in 6 months from now once they've got a number of the issues worked out...but we'll see. I'm willing to bet there will be a ton of posts in the next 4 weeks with a plethora of issues on this Z10; many more than on the 99xx whe it first hit.

BTW, I have a few more than 1 post on this board...
    You're a tech guy.... So how can you be so judgemental of a completely new platform having a few bugs in it? The 99xx series didn't have obvious bugs because it was launching with an OS that had been maturing for a decade. You can either get a bug-free (ish... there's bugs in everything) OS, or you can get a new OS. If the former, you are going to be stuck without support for pretty much anything new, ever.

I genuinely can't believe that someone who works with computers is willing to dump a piece of technology less than a week after its release because it has yet to attain perfection. How have you EVER found technology to be good enough for your standards?
    Spawn12 and SDTRMG like this.
    02-08-13 03:03 PM
    Is this a serious question?? So according to you, folks should only register to talk about NEW devices, even though there are millions of users with older devices? Yeah, why would anybody come to a product specific website and talk about older products!!

Take note fellow Crackberrians: when the Z11 comes out, and you haven't gotten it yet, hurry and delete your accounts because any previous phone is obsolete and not worthy of discussion!!!
    Settle down. I had no need to post info or questions about my bold 9900 because I knew all there is to know. At the beginning I was posting. I don't have time for such trivial matters. I just want to get setup fully and go from there.
    UKCatFan3 likes this.
    02-08-13 03:10 PM
    Hi,
    I'm likely to do the same - quick resume of issues during 3 days of ownership:
    1. First Z10 overheated and was burning hot good for my hands on a cold day but disconcerting and a major drain on battery life - died after 3 hours after full charge. Solution - phone replaced no repeat issue.
    2. Can't upload my contacts from my existing bold 9780 tried everything and no joy. Having to carry around 2 phones at moment old Bold and new z10 not practical. No resolution still tried blue tooth, saving to media card, BBerry link software all do not facilitate. Solution - none found.
    3. No sync with Outlook. This is really cheesing me off as it could have resolved issue 2 at a stroke and allowed me to deal with synching my Calendar And notes. Solution - none found.
    4. Phone freeze - have experienced this 2 times so far in 3 days : i) phone froze and wouldn't allow me to the end a call. The call stayed live for 2 mins until I removed the battery ii) keyboard wouldn't retract when viewing a picture.
    5. The magnifying glass function when correcting individual letters in a word is poor compared to others I have used (iPad) no I don't have an iPhone and am not an Apple devotee.
    6. No push email - 15 mins is too long! I love my bold for this and this is a major black mark - No solution
    7. Interference with BT Home hub - as noted by other users this is a major issue and affects all of my devices running wifi but only when the Z10 is in WiFi mode. I now only use Z10 in 3G mode at home - No solution

DEAL BREAKERS:
    No push email!
    No contacts and calendar sync!
    Making a call and functionality within the call menu is not good!

Unfortunately I will be returning my Z10 and going retrograde for a Bold 9900 - fingers crossed for the Q10. I use my BBerry as a work tool I receive 3 separate business emails and the Z10 doesn't improve my current mobile experience. Web, music and the rest are nice to have but if it doesn't perform the above elements then as a prerequisite of being a phone and email/PDA then for me it's a deal breaker.

I love my bold and as you will note am staying with BBerry and sincerely hope the issues raised can be resolved, I'd be back with the z10 in a flash but until then I can't sacrifice my work efficiency.

I have never written on a forum before but felt compelled to write about my personal experiences of the new Z10 and hope that you found them informative but please try the phone for yourself and make up your own mind it is a good device and I'll miss it but the above issues are non negotiables for me and I'm amazed they've been consciously dropped by BBerry
    Jermanicus and Mecca EL like this.
    02-08-13 05:07 PM
    Returning the Z10 was a mistake. The more I use it, the more I love it. Keyboard ROCKS to the more you use it.

Definitely have lots of little nitpicks with it, but there's no deal breakers. Everything that is a nit pick can be tweaked with software by the feel of it. And BlackBerry is really being on the ball in taking in all the feedback and I think fixing stuff up fast.

Z10 baby!!!
    What I'm saying here is that right now, the BlackBerry teams are ALL OVER CB watching all the feedback here. They want the feedback. They're being extremely responsive to taking it all in. So keep it coming, good or bad. I'm guessing we'll see a fairly quick maintenance release to address any bug bugs... and hopefully a 10.1 will address any bigger feature things.

Overall Z10 has been awesome experience so far.
    02-08-13 05:12 PM
    Anyone else find it odd that often posts that say "I've been a BlackBerry user for ____ years, I bought the Z10 and I returned it" are regularly made by people with no posting history ...
    +100000. I think OP is just baiting the CB community. Notice the join date too.
    02-08-13 08:21 PM
    I write software quite often, and i like the negative feedback as much as the positive. It tells me what bugs i need to fix and what mods i can make to improve the user experience. No software is perfect, and no implementation will be loved by all. BB devs likely had a very clear roadmap and targets up to Jan 30. Thats the easy part. Now feedback from all users, pos and neg, will guide them to 10.1 and beyond.

Squashing feedback because you dont like it, dont agree with it or havent experienced it will not help make bb10 better, which will make us all happier.
    Last edited by UKCatFan3; 02-08-13 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Add no before implementation to avoid confusion
    Mecca EL and Pete The Penguin like this.
    02-08-13 08:27 PM
    What I'm saying here is that right now, the BlackBerry teams are ALL OVER CB watching all the feedback here. They want the feedback. They're being extremely responsive to taking it all in. So keep it coming, good or bad. I'm guessing we'll see a fairly quick maintenance release to address any bug bugs... and hopefully a 10.1 will address any bigger feature things.

Overall Z10 has been awesome experience so far.
    I sure hope you're right Kev...
    With apps being one of their biggest problems right now, it's kind of appalling how long it is taking them to get through approving the current queue of apps.
    If this is how they address their biggest problem, I'm not sure how much faith I have in them fixing the smaller bugs quickly...
    02-08-13 08:38 PM
    That's to bad the Z10 didn't live up to your expectations, myself I love mine...I just remember that's first off, it is a phone ...everything else it does for me is added extras which make everyday life easier because we all can't sit in front of a laptop all the time. BB did a heck of a job throwing this together and seeing as its brand new, just think of what the future will bring from them..this phone has brought them back into the game and by the way the iPhone users and android people are commenting.....they are noticing it as well. Don't give up as if you remember, the iPhones and androids were far from perfect when they first came out either.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    02-08-13 09:33 PM
    BTW, I have a few more than 1 post on this board...
    Yes but how telling is it that you have only 893 posts in the crackberry forum yet a full 894 GLOBAL POSTS.... I smell a troll.
    02-08-13 10:45 PM
    Yes but how telling is it that you have only 893 posts in the crackberry forum yet a full 894 GLOBAL POSTS.... I smell a troll.
    Forgive me if I missed the sarcasm emoticon... what?
    mikeo007 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-08-13 11:15 PM
    It needed one?
    02-08-13 11:20 PM
    It needed one?
    Wait? So having 1 post on one of the other MN sites makes someone a troll? That's one strange definition of troll you have there.
    Let me try...your username has 2 capital letters in it, you must be a troll?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-09-13 12:33 AM
    K

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 12:48 AM
    OP, too bad you didn't try the CB app for BB10 first!

02-09-13 12:58 AM
    I am also returning, but keeping 9900. 9900 is still real blackberry and can do things iphone/android phones can't the way I want it.

RIM made a mistake - removed all the staff it was unique about, the list I came across

- no BIS/no good roaming data plans
    - no proper sound profile management
    - no outlook sync
    - no multiple alarms
    - no holster behaviour control
    - no podcast app
    - key apps like skype will be android ports - forget about consistency of the interface

and the features I am given in return multimedia - large screen & etc - iphone and androids can do even better, taking into account selection of much better apps.

So basically, I am keeping 9900 because Z10 is nothing comparing to it in terms of productivity and I will use iphone 5, HTC M7 or Sony Experia Z as my entertainment device because they can do it much better than Z10.

So Z10/OS 10 is stuck in the middle - not a business power phone anymore, and even remotely not there yet as a entertainment platform.

The only thing you get is just another "original UI". Sounds familiar? Yeah, another "windows phone" thing...
    02-09-13 01:26 AM
    But surely RIM knew all about these deficiencies before they released the device!? Surely.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-09-13 01:58 AM
    But surely RIM knew all about these deficiencies before they released the device!? Surely.
    Surely? Surely! Did Microsoft new windows phone 7 was restricted even more than the infamously locked iphone? Yes, they did. Result? <3 % of the market for windows phone, even after windows phone 8 is out.

Come on, it is not about knowing. It is about doing about it. Business world is as tough as the professional sports. Don't do pro boxing if you are not ready to win, being just a bit competent is fine for doing well in the gym - not in the real competition ring, because it translates into a fat medical bill and eating your own blood.

Therefore, if consider Z10 as an abstraction - yeah, not bad. Real competition fight? No, not even there. And Blackberry does not have much time, because competition keeps rolling out new devices 5 times the speed of RIM. It may have not mattered before, when RIM had unique devices. No Z10 lost all "blackberrish" stuff and became just another smartphone.

In other words OS10 devices are not any different to those iphone or androids. Can Blackberry win it? Now - it is not in the league financially, ecosystem wise and market share wise. And they don't have time to be slow.

I want Blackberry to win. I don't like being restricted to Iphone-Samsung world only. But it seems Blackberry worries not.

As some said in the reviews too late, too little. Of course, fans can cheer it up, go blind. But it is a business. Eventually those who can't learn go for the foreclosure. Just as in case of a pro boxer - those who "say you ar ok, no probs, all loose at times" - are not your friends cause did not have their kidney bleeding. And those who did and shout in your corner, pushing you to squeeze out every bit of effort and speed- are your real friends helping you to win.
    Last edited by dtsolov; 02-09-13 at 02:26 AM.
    JeepBB, Mecca EL and Chris Marsch like this.
    02-09-13 02:13 AM
    You guys will be back, im not worried
    02-09-13 02:28 AM
    You guys will be back, im not worried

I still have a hope 10.1 will fix a lot of issues
    02-09-13 02:30 AM
    Z10 lost all "blackberrish" stuff and became just another smartphone.
    I reckon that echoes my thoughts exactly.

You guys will be back, im not worried.
    To the forums?, yes. I still have a PB and I enjoy the arguments debates here.

To BB phones?, not a chance unless the phone builds on the BB heritage instead of throwing all that away.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-09-13 04:47 AM
    Anyone else find it odd that often posts that say "I've been a BlackBerry user for ____ years, I bought the Z10 and I returned it" are regularly made by people with no posting history ...
    Just to improve the number of my post.... May be one day i'd have something that disappoint me!
    02-09-13 05:13 AM
    I have also returned my Z10. My main reasons:

a) removal of functionality re. Playbook in regards to Blackberry Bridge;
    b) removal of BIS and all the security implications;
    c) poor battery life;
    d) lack of customisable alerts;
    e) removal of backup options on Blackberry Protect;
    EDIT: f) also the removal of local syncing with Outlook PIM/.pst.

Oddly the only thing I DID like about it was the touch screen typing. I have fat fingers and I find typing on the iPhone my work provides is a nightmare. I was pleasantly surprised at the Z10 in this regard. However RIM Blackberry seems to have forgotten that the core function of a Blackberry has always been secure email. Now that the abovementioned functionality has disappeared, the Z10 is just another smartphone in an already crowded marketplace.
    02-09-13 05:25 AM
    Perhaps the OP was a contented user who found his/her previous Blackberries problem-free and who now wishes to share a poor experience with others? Forewarned is forearmed? I welcome the OP.
    02-09-13 05:29 AM
    You have to lose some to gain some. I reckon since most hardcore blackberrians are in the minority, blackberry made the right choice. It was their stubborn refusal for change that got them where they are today - less than 5% market share and bleeding from the ears.

Last edited by BigBadWulf; 02-09-13 at 06:55 AM. Reason: language
    02-09-13 05:32 AM
    Come on, stop being politician.

It is simple what had RIM going down the slop is not the brilliant features that separated BlackBerry. It is inferior multimedia capabilities and limited hardware during the last few years.

They have not been stubborn - they have lazy since iphone lunch, did nothing for 4 years since then and woke up a year ago.

And PlayBook was not successful because of exactly strange approach towards releasing surprisingly incomplete half baked products.

With OS10 it is a bit of dejavu. While Z10 is better product than PlayBook was, again OS has not delivered the features users have been taking for granted from RIM.

So OS10 is not an exactly solid step forward as it stands now. It is a bit of one step forward and one half step back. As we lost some simple staff, such as my title alarms and sound profiles, it is not that bloomy. Not yet. Could it be? Not if blackberry continues to deliver products with a kilo of salt attached.

Sure, some users can get used to victimising RIM and even preparing their soft loans of forgiveness in advance. The competition won't.

JeepBB, katesbb and Jermanicus like this.
    02-09-13 05:52 AM
190 ... 23456 ...