I returned my Z10 today. I just couldn't deal with the lack of calendar support, the difficulty with contacts (tho I did solve that) the lack of auto on-off, the lack of security as the blackberry bis email wasn't there, the difficulty with setting different alerts depending upon whether it was bbm, text, phone, email. I'll admit, I didn't find the touch screen easy to use at all. I have pretty small hands and fingers but found I was spelling sooo many things wrong. My wife has an iphone and (sorry) but it types way better. I found the fact that I was covering up the letter and didn't see the spelling error until it was on the screen above really frustrating. I made more mistakes than not. The display seemed to switch from portrait to landscape almost without reason (ie: very little unintentional movement) but was a chore to get back to portrait view. I turned that feature off.

So, while I've been a bb user for 10 years, I'm going to nurse along my current bb bold and hope that the q10 has all of the above sorted out. I honestly think that Canadians are the beta testers for blackberry. Initially I thought it was because Rim is Canadian and they're looking out for "us". Now I just think we were receiving them before the US so we can find all the problems. I'm pretty disappointed frankly.

I will say that Rogers took back the phone without question and the store gave great service. The guy there said he was "scared" to see what the public impression was. I'm pretty loyal to BB but this really has been unimpressive. Sorry to say.
    02-07-13 05:25 PM
    funny, because I find this to be the best phone I've ever used. Having 2 Iphones and coming from an android device its safe to say its the best keyboard of all of them. The OS is a charm to use and I have yet to have an issue with the switching of the landscape/portrait modes. To each their own.
    02-07-13 05:28 PM
    They could make the most perfect phone in the world and there will be a steady stream of people ready to complain about something . Thats just the way it is.
    02-07-13 05:28 PM
    It sounds like you have a few issues that I'd call fairly broad (BIS going away, for instance), and others that are fairly specific to you. You also sound like you're especially partial to a physical keyboard. And, really, the Q10 is coming for those users who have a strong preference for that physical keyboard.
    02-07-13 05:33 PM
    sorry-- I'm keeping the Z10
    02-07-13 05:34 PM
    Well if you're so sad for the loss of the BIS encryption and its other awesomeness, same for me. Other than this the phone is all great and I love it.
    02-07-13 05:37 PM
    Not too sure on the security concern either...in talking with Bell they say (including their Tech Dept) that all e-mails, BBM's do in fact still run through the BB NOC...everything is as secure as ever.

Sorry you�re not happy...hope this fact brings you back...yeah, I know it rhymes.
    SDTRMG, arfin, Vorkosigan and 1 others like this.
    02-07-13 05:39 PM
    That's really to bad you don't like the device. Maybe the keyboard version will be better for you. I love my Z10 best smart phone I have ever owned.
    02-07-13 05:53 PM
    Not too sure on the security concern either...in talking with Bell they say (including their Tech Dept) that all e-mails, BBM's do in fact still run through the BB NOC...everything is as secure as ever.

Sorry you�re not happy...hope this fact brings you back...yeah, I know it rhymes.
    Can you clarify what emails run through the BIS. Is it the @blackberry.net ones or pretty much all emails..
    So the only difference is the web browsing isnt compressed then?

Edit- Ok never mind.. I found my answer. Ill post it just in case others are wondering.. I thought BIS just compressed the internet data.... I guess Im wrong...

New BIS Account

When you buy your first BlackBerry device with any wireless carrier, the device will come with instructions for setting up a BIS account and a BlackBerry email address. The instructions differ from carrier to carrier, so you will need to consult your documentation to create your account.

BlackBerry Email Address

Once you create your BIS account, you will be prompted to add email addresses, and you will also have the opportunity to create a BlackBerry email address. A BlackBerry email address is specific to your BlackBerry. If you are an AT&T subscriber, your BlackBerry address would be [email protected]. Email sent to your BlackBerry email address goes directly to the device, so you should be selective about where you use it and who you give it to.

Add Additional Email Accounts

You can add up to 10 email addresses to your BIS account (in addition to the BlackBerry email account), and BIS will send email from those accounts to your BlackBerry. For some providers like Gmail, email is delivered using RIM's Push technology, and will be delivered very promptly. After you've added an email account, you will receive an Activation Server email from the BIS on your device, which informs you that you will start receiving email on your BlackBerry in 20 minutes. You may also receive an email about a Security Activation. Follow the instructions provided in the email to activate the email account on the BIS.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-07-13 05:59 PM
    They could make the most perfect phone in the world and there will be a steady stream of people ready to complain about something . Thats just the way it is.
    They didn't make the most perfect phone. Good.
    JeepBB, Mecca EL and jdhooghe like this.
    02-07-13 06:00 PM
    You can't please everyone. Sorry to hear you didn't like it. I love mine, you could not pay me enough to give it up
    sbx9900 and Vorkosigan like this.
    02-07-13 06:02 PM
    Anyone else find it odd that often posts that say "I've been a BlackBerry user for ____ years, I bought the Z10 and I returned it" are regularly made by people with no posting history ...
    02-07-13 06:06 PM
    funny, because I find this to be the best phone I've ever used. Having 2 Iphones and coming from an android device its safe to say its the best keyboard of all of them. The OS is a charm to use and I have yet to have an issue with the switching of the landscape/portrait modes. To each their own.
    And this guy from the looks of it isn't a crackberry abuser. But you are right. Different strokes for different folks. Not everyone likes the same things
    Spawn12, Mecca EL and Vorkosigan like this.
    02-07-13 06:08 PM
    Anyone else find it odd that often posts that say "I've been a BlackBerry user for ____ years, I bought the Z10 and I returned it" are regularly made by people with no posting history ...
    LOL!

Don't feed the trolls people.. these posts are just to get you talking..
    02-07-13 06:09 PM
    Well, I returned mine and I saw the back cover... wait a second, this is a stupid pun!
    02-07-13 06:10 PM
    Can you clarify what emails run through the BIS. Is it the @blackberry.net ones or pretty much all emails..
    So the only difference is the web browsing isnt compressed then?

Edit- Ok never mind.. I found my answer. Ill post it just in case others are wondering.. I thought BIS just compressed the internet data.... I guess Im wrong...

New BIS Account

When you buy your first BlackBerry device with any wireless carrier, the device will come with instructions for setting up a BIS account and a BlackBerry email address. The instructions differ from carrier to carrier, so you will need to consult your documentation to create your account.

BlackBerry Email Address

Once you create your BIS account, you will be prompted to add email addresses, and you will also have the opportunity to create a BlackBerry email address. A BlackBerry email address is specific to your BlackBerry. If you are an AT&T subscriber, your BlackBerry address would be [email protected]. Email sent to your BlackBerry email address goes directly to the device, so you should be selective about where you use it and who you give it to.

Add Additional Email Accounts

You can add up to 10 email addresses to your BIS account (in addition to the BlackBerry email account), and BIS will send email from those accounts to your BlackBerry. For some providers like Gmail, email is delivered using RIM's Push technology, and will be delivered very promptly. After you've added an email account, you will receive an Activation Server email from the BIS on your device, which informs you that you will start receiving email on your BlackBerry in 20 minutes. You may also receive an email about a Security Activation. Follow the instructions provided in the email to activate the email account on the BIS.
    as far as i know, the blackberry email address isnt going to work once you are switched over to the bb10 platform. Keep that in mind if you current use that address alot
    M.Rizk and Mecca EL like this.
    02-07-13 06:18 PM
    Yeah maybe because this is the first place anyone would jump when they get the latest and newest blackberry to give their feelings about it? Who cares if they barely have a post count. What kind of ***** would go out of their way to sign up for an account and write up how they feel about something, just to be a " troll ".. If people actually do do that, then damn they have some issues and take phones 2 seriously.
    02-07-13 06:21 PM
    as far as i know, the blackberry email address isnt going to work once you are switched over to the bb10 platform. Keep that in mind if you current use that address alot
    Never said BIS...I was told by Bell email and BBM's still run through BlackBerry's NOC...which still has their own encryption (as I understand it)...thus still providing best in class security.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-07-13 06:25 PM
    Now that confuses me more... Why would the blackberry.net email address not work but the others still work if they still go over BIS?
    02-07-13 06:27 PM
    If people actually do do that, then damn they have some issues and take phones 2 seriously.
    Have you frequented many mobile forums and/or discussion talkbacks on stories about mobile phones? <G> There are an awful lot of people who take phones way to seriously on all the platforms. ;-)

I just find it odd, that's all
    02-07-13 06:28 PM
    Have you frequented many mobile forums and/or discussion talkbacks on stories about mobile phones? <G> There are an awful lot of people who take phones way to seriously on all the platforms. ;-)

I just find it odd, that's all
    Remember folks, this is a business, every perception out there counts, whatever it is
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-07-13 06:38 PM
    Coming from an S3 I am very impressed with the Z10. Had the S3 since June. I am keeping the Z10 for sure. Absolutely love the OS. Also so happy with the DLNA feature.
    02-07-13 06:48 PM
    Yeah maybe because this is the first place anyone would jump when they get the latest and newest blackberry to give their feelings about it? Who cares if they barely have a post count. What kind of ***** would go out of their way to sign up for an account and write up how they feel about something, just to be a " troll ".. If people actually do do that, then damn they have some issues and take phones 2 seriously.
    Easy. Blackberry's competition. I take any review by anyone on any site with a grain of salt. Something with nothing but amazing reviews can be the company and employee's talking up their product. Mostly negative views can be the competition trying to bring down your sales. You can be anything and everything you want to be on the internet.
    drkknyt98 and world saviour like this.
    02-07-13 06:56 PM
    Do not forget ActiveSYnc is not less secure than industry standards..it uses https to communicate..
    02-07-13 07:15 PM
    You stupid stupid boy!
    Why'd u returned it?
    Don't you know the rest of us still struggling to get z10?
    Why not sell it to me? Or to other?
    Very stupid fool.
    SDTRMG, Plazmic Flame and arfin like this.
    02-07-13 07:23 PM
190 123 ...