Just got a new sonos play:1today. Can't seem to be able to play any music yet. I tried connecting both with and without the bridge. I have room tunes, the bb10 native app, and it doesn't seem to detect a sonos network.

Sonos help!-img_00000306.png

What am I missing here? I'm currently using os version 10.2.0.424. Please help.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 08:32 AM
    Also, some related threads mentioned a "play on" option on the native bb10 music player. I don't see this "play on" option on the 10.2.0.424 version.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 08:35 AM
    I got a Sonos 5 for Xmas. How I use it with my Z10 is simple, I start the music I want to play, I go to the overflow icon and when I click on Play On, Sonos is there. I cannot use the volume of Z10 in order to increase or decrease the volume of the Sonos.

Make sure that the Sonos is connected to your wifi. Remember you are using the DLNA features.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 10:19 AM
    Just got a new sonos play:1today. Can't seem to be able to play any music yet. I tried connecting both with and without the bridge. I have room tunes, the bb10 native app, and it doesn't seem to detect a sonos network.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000306.png 
Views:	946 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	236162

What am I missing here? I'm currently using os version 10.2.0.424. Please help.

Posted via CB10
    If Room Tunes won't pick up your Sonos system automatically, you'll need to manually set it up.

Go to your router configuration page & find the ip address if one of your Sonos components. It can be an S5, S3, bridge, or whatever.

Click on manual configuration & enter the ip address. That should do it. It should find it on its own every time after that.

Keith H. Posted via CB10 on Z10.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-05-14 10:52 AM
    Manually adding the ip address helped. Now that the device has been identified, I can even see the "play on " option in the music player. Thanks guys, you are awesome!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 11:54 AM
    I'm using Windows 8.1. I too had complications with getting the Sonos app to find my zones. For me, BlackBerry Link was creating an issue. Using Windows task manager, I killed the BlackBerry Link processes running in background. This enabled discovery of my Sonos devices. The processes restart automatically and do not cause further conflict.

- via CB10 | Verizon Z30 | 10.2.1.1925
    01-05-14 12:05 PM
    If your Z10 is accessing your network it should find the players. After going to 8.1 I had to go into my network settings and make them "visible" again. What you see on your desktop app you should see on Room Tunes. I have six zones and they all show up.
    01-05-14 12:36 PM
    Manually adding the ip address helped. Now that the device has been identified, I can even see the "play on " option in the music player. Thanks guys, you are awesome!

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad it worked. You're going to love RoomTunes! It works in landscape mode as well. You can see the next song on your playlist and swipe to go directly to it.
    01-05-14 10:13 PM
    After a week of playing music flawlessly, sonos has stopped working. I cannot seem to find the sonos device under "Media sharing --> devices" anymore. Also, I can play radio on roomtunes, but not music from my library . Can someone help?
    Sonos help!-img_00000309.png

Sonos help!-img_00000310.png

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 02:41 PM
    What are you using for anti-virus and what are your firewall settings? I'd look there first.
    01-13-14 02:45 PM
    Firewall is turned off and I don't have any anti-virus software installed.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 03:24 PM
    Has your Sonos picked up a different IP address?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925
    01-13-14 03:32 PM
    Firewall is turned off and I don't have any anti-virus software installed.

Posted via CB10
    And you have gone into network sharing and essentially made everything visible?
    Are you on Win 8?
    When you select "network" do you see your components?
    01-13-14 03:32 PM
    Even if sonos picked up a different ip, why would that not show up on the devices list? And I use Ubuntu, and I don't show any components under network settings. All this is weird cause there's absolutely nothing in the phone or wireless network settings that I've modified for sonos to stop working abruptly.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 04:10 PM
    Is there a way to configure Ubuntu's network? I had to set it up on my computer for my phone to see all the components. Honestly I know zero about Ubuntu.
    01-13-14 04:48 PM
    Right (I'm on 8.1) with fourteen devices, but a mix of wired and wireless. You can try resetting your router (not sure how resetting the modem will help unless you totally lose internet). But I have only lost components when they disappear from "Network", that that usually only happens after a power outage.

The ultimate reset, of course is to power off and disconnect everything. Then -- after waiting the magical amount of time -- start with the modem and re-add each device, one at a time.

BTW, the advantage of a Sonos physical controller or an Android device running a Sonos app is that they both can run off the Sonos built-in wireless signal. I do not believe you can do this with another phone. I also use an Android phone (otherwise not in use) as a Sonos controlled in a part of the house where it can't pick up the router signal, but can reach the Sonos signal.
    01-13-14 06:05 PM
    Right (I'm on 8.1) with fourteen devices, but a mix of wired and wireless. You can try resetting your router (not sure how resetting the modem will help unless you totally lose internet). But I have only lost components when they disappear from "Network", that that usually only happens after a power outage.

The ultimate reset, of course is to power off and disconnect everything. Then -- after waiting the magical amount of time -- start with the modem and re-add each device, one at a time.

BTW, the advantage of a Sonos physical controller or an Android device running a Sonos app is that they both can run off the Sonos built-in wireless signal. I do not believe you can do this with another phone. I also use an Android phone (otherwise not in use) as a Sonos controlled in a part of the house where it can't pick up the router signal, but can reach the Sonos signal.

I was just trying to be helpful. It's hit or miss sometimes, but my network and Roomtunes work just fine!
    01-14-14 12:41 PM
    At my wits' end now. I've reset the modem, restarted my phone multiple times and disabled firewall on my computer, but sonos failed to play music.
    Tried playing a song via the "play on " option on the native music player, the sonos component was identified for a few seconds before it disappeared.

Sonos help!-img_00000313.png

Sonos help!-img_00000314.png

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Sonos help!-img_00000312.png  
    01-15-14 07:33 AM
    I can't be sure , but seems like sonos did pick up a different ip. In that case, how do I point the sonos component to the changed ip?

Sonos help!-img_00000315.png

Sonos help!-img_00000316.png

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 07:42 AM
    When it doesn't connect you have a choice ( bottom of screen) for "manual" set up.
    If that doesn't work, you've gotta go into your router set up. Believe me, I went through the same issue when I got a new router.
    Turns out I missed one number in the password.
    Once you DO get it running, Swipe down from the top and tap setting to set up the app.too!
    01-15-14 08:22 AM