Just to be clear here, there are two parameters in the engineering screen: state of charge, and state of health. The settings function reports battery state of charge. I don't know if you can see state of health outside of the engineering screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:47 PM
    I have also the same problem. My battery reaches lately max 95% but i think this started only when I downloaded the os 10.2.0.424. I have z10 stl-1. So will it be any solution on this anytime soon? Will the new official os resolve this?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 01:39 PM
    I have also the same problem. My battery reaches lately max 95% but i think this started only when I downloaded the os 10.2.0.424. I have z10 stl-1. So will it be any solution on this anytime soon? Will the new official os resolve this?

Posted via CB10
    We hope BlackBerry solves it in the next OS update ( if it was a software problem) if not solved then either they don't know about the issue or it's a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 02:36 PM
    I don't know how much power it uses, but BlackBerry could save power by not using the proximity detector unless the phone is making a call.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 07:37 PM
    I had a problem with my battery too. After the official 10.2 update for the first two days the battery life was phenomenal. I never had it last as long as it did cept for those 2 days. It was the first time my phone actually lasted the full day while I'm at work without me having to charge it. And I can even remember still having 50-45 percent at 4 pm.

So from 630 to 9 pm. The phone didn't even need a charge. Even when it went down to 1 percent I was waiting for it to die any moment but it felt like the phone was on 1 percent for a half hour.
    So you can see I was really excited that my phone would actually last this long without having to charge it mid day.

But at last that was short lived. First problem occurred when my phone would shut off at 20 percent. It would indicate battery life at 20 then few seconds after it would die. Ops first solution worked for me I pulled out the battery for a min while plugged then put it back in to recal. Did that twice and now phone dies at 1.

My next problem now was that my phone would practically be at at 20 sometimes hitting 10 percent battery life just before lunch. I unplug it at 630 am. I've done nothing different but phone seems to just drain so fast.

So within a couple of weeks I plan to get a new battery and hopefully it's my battery that has gone kaput. But I'll wait and sde

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 08:47 PM
    So, it looks like my problem was solved
    I first tried leaving the battery out for about an hour, but after turning it back on the percentage got stuck on 0%

Took battery out, plugged into charger and reinserted battery after 1 minute a couple of times
    On 1st boot: percentage stuck on 0%
    On 2nd boot: percentage stuck on 0% again
    On 3rd boot: percentage stuck on 20%
    On 4th boot: percentage on 0% and slowly climbed while taking and showing charge

Will monitor through the day tomorrow and report if there still are problems

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 10:32 PM
    I don't know how much power it uses, but BlackBerry could save power by not using the proximity detector unless the phone is making a call.

Posted via CB10
    It works this way actually, mine only works when there is a call.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 03:51 AM
    I had a problem with my battery too. After the official 10.2 update for the first two days the battery life was phenomenal. I never had it last as long as it did cept for those 2 days. It was the first time my phone actually lasted the full day while I'm at work without me having to charge it. And I can even remember still having 50-45 percent at 4 pm.

So from 630 to 9 pm. The phone didn't even need a charge. Even when it went down to 1 percent I was waiting for it to die any moment but it felt like the phone was on 1 percent for a half hour.
    So you can see I was really excited that my phone would actually last this long without having to charge it mid day.

But at last that was short lived. First problem occurred when my phone would shut off at 20 percent. It would indicate battery life at 20 then few seconds after it would die. Ops first solution worked for me I pulled out the battery for a min while plugged then put it back in to recal. Did that twice and now phone dies at 1.

My next problem now was that my phone would practically be at at 20 sometimes hitting 10 percent battery life just before lunch. I unplug it at 630 am. I've done nothing different but phone seems to just drain so fast.

So within a couple of weeks I plan to get a new battery and hopefully it's my battery that has gone kaput. But I'll wait and sde

Posted via CB10
    Let us know how it works with the new battery.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 04:21 AM
    It works this way actually, mine only works when there is a call.

Posted via CB10
    No, it is on all the time. It is only used when you make a call.

If you go in a dark room, you can see it pulse. Put your hand over the LCD to block the light. Better yet, if you have another phone handy, just use the other phone ad a camera. Point it at your phone and the camera will see the infrared light from the proximity detector.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-26-13 01:32 PM
    Thanks for this post! My wife also has this battery issue and I suspect its calibration issue. Normally her Z10 can last a whole day, but sometimes she forgets to charge and thinks that the battery is still good before it shuts down suddenly around 40-60%-ish. I don't know how to solve it and found your post from this thread: (I know, 3 months later, right?)
    Z10 STL100-1 Factory Recall - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Will try your methods, and commenting here to find this again if needed in the future.
    01-22-14 10:06 AM
    Weird thing is no one at blackberry is doing anything about this issues, makes me start to think that they are hardware issues.

I wasn't really happy anyways with what BlackBerry did to the middle eastern market by giving them an Stl-1.

Wanted to buy a Z10 as a gift for my friend but this battery issue is what's stopping me, it's really annoying.

Posted via CB10

Something I notice in Z10 stl100 1 ... the two major problem posted 1000 times over the Forums-img_20140123_152036.png

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 06:15 AM
    Awesome bro hats off

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 01:31 PM
    It might be a little bit over due.. the phone has a small battery.. no amount of optimization will make that much of a difference...

But it's a lesson for them to fix on their upcoming devices.. and they've made the right moves with both the Z30 and Z3

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442
    05-27-14 01:34 PM
63 123