When i start Maps application i get very quick GPS fix, my current position blinking where expected....and that is were my (positive) experience with Maps ends, unfortunately.
    When i start to search for a street (Netherlands) i immediately get relevant street names and every time in that search suggestion list i can find the street I'm searching for, on the top of the list, so good work there. But when i press on the search suggestion Maps tells me that nothing of that sort could be found??? What?? You've just suggested it to me yourself... You found it and suggested it to me!!! Oh well...
    So i have to type whole street name into the search bar, press search and then it does find it. After that i try to navigate to that place. Press Go->Start and Maps tells me - "Getting route", Oh yea, voice navigation...Nope, that is were voice ends. Do i have to purchase/download some other module for Maps to enable voice navigation?
    While I'm driving and try to look at the screen i see small dot moving (that's me , but how i get into split view you know with arrow/speed/distance etc ... Cause if i zoom into this dot to make any sense of where i have to navigate, dot will keep moving and maps not, so eventually dot disappears from the screen and I'm staring at part of road i passed while ago.
    Can someone tell me how this Maps works. I'm sure I'm missing something.
    04-17-13 02:24 AM
    Seriously, no one? This is genuine question I'm not trolling or anything. I really want to know how to work this thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:49 AM
    After she says getting route, a route map should appear. Then you have to press start at the bottom to start voice turn by turn navigation

Posted from my lovely Z10
    04-17-13 11:21 AM
    hmm interesting. You should have voice turn-by-turn directions. Once you hit the "Start" option to start the navigation route, a small speaker icon should be displayed on the screen. You have have clicked it off. Tap on it until it shows that its on.
    04-17-13 12:30 PM
    When i start Maps application i get very quick GPS fix, my current position blinking where expected...
    Just FYI, you are not getting a GPS fix, you are getting a cell tower fix. Your GPS function will come on, but takes much longer to get a fix on its own. Reason I'm telling you, is if you are outside of cell tower reception two things will happen: it will take much longer to get a "fix"... and unless you have already downloaded maps, you will have no maps to navigate by because they are provided as needed through cell reception. Again, there seems to be confusion among some users.
    04-17-13 12:48 PM
    a small speaker icon should be displayed on the screen. You have have clicked it off. Tap on it until it shows that its on.
    What is this, do I have some kind of special version of maps or something? I have nothing of that kind showing up on my screen after I have pressed "Start ". All I have on the top of flop screen are ETA and distance. And on the bottom line the screen "End trip " and "Update " buttons. Well I got "Three Dots" for menu on the bottom as well. That's it.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:12 PM