As you can see from the picture, somehow I have a 3rd app screen that has no apps on it. I didn't think it was possible, and it has persisted through a couple reboots.

Info - OS 10.2.0.1443, 2nd screen is one icon short of full.

Somehow I got a blank app screen!-img_00000271.png

Posted via bb/cb/z10
    slalom likes this.
    09-06-13 03:21 PM
    Does the blank app screen remain there? Because you can get a blank screen if you long press an icon as if to move it..it creates a blank page for a few seconds, then reverts back..
    09-06-13 03:37 PM
    Does the blank app screen remain there? Because you can get a blank screen if you long press an icon as if to move it..it creates a blank page for a few seconds, then reverts back..
    Yes it does, it has been there for a week now.

Now that you mention it I think that is how it originally showed up is when I was moving a new app into a folder on the previous screen.

Posted via bb/cb/z10
    09-06-13 03:43 PM
    do a quick double tap on that screen and it should disappear
    slalom likes this.
    09-06-13 03:45 PM
    I have this same issue and a double tap doesn't seem to resolve it.

This is on a new device - I just swapped out my Z10 due to a faulty headphone jack.

From the lock screen (which appears normally), when I swipe up, I get a blank screen - just the background with the header showing battery, signal strength, time just like in n3v3r_kw's screen shot.

Unlike in the screen shot above, I don't get the "phone, search, camera" icons on the bottom of the screen or the menu navigation icons showing the home screen pages.

When I "swipe up" from the bottom of the blank screen, a grey "lock" becomes briefly visible, but I can't get beyond it. Double tap doesn't work.

Any suggestions? Device seems basically useless (I can receive incoming calls though!).
    09-12-13 05:17 AM
    Device is useless due to one blank screen?

AT&T Z10
    09-12-13 06:26 AM
    I have this same issue and a double tap doesn't seem to resolve it.

This is on a new device - I just swapped out my Z10 due to a faulty headphone jack.

From the lock screen (which appears normally), when I swipe up, I get a blank screen - just the background with the header showing battery, signal strength, time just like in n3v3r_kw's screen shot.

Unlike in the screen shot above, I don't get the "phone, search, camera" icons on the bottom of the screen or the menu navigation icons showing the home screen pages.

When I "swipe up" from the bottom of the blank screen, a grey "lock" becomes briefly visible, but I can't get beyond it. Double tap doesn't work.

Any suggestions? Device seems basically useless (I can receive incoming calls though!).
    Have you tried a reboot? If that doesn't work, reload the device OS through Link.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-12-13 06:47 AM
    Device is useless due to one blank screen?

AT&T Z10
    Yes, device is useless because I can't get to the lock screen to enter a pw and see any apps. It does make an attractive paper weight though.
    09-12-13 06:52 AM
    Have you tried a reboot? If that doesn't work, reload the device OS through Link.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Tried a few reboots .... doesn't seem to help.

Also...when the device was working, Link was turned off so I'm not sure I'll be able to reload that way.
    09-12-13 06:53 AM
    Yes, device is useless because I can't get to the lock screen to enter a pw and see any apps. It does make an attractive paper weight though.
    So you can't swipe to the other screens?

AT&T Z10
    09-12-13 06:53 AM
    So you can't swipe to the other screens?

AT&T Z10
    No....the lock screen appears normally, when I swipe up, rather than getting the pw screen, I get the "blank screen". Can't seem to get the device to progress beyond that point to enter password and get to any of the app/hub screens.
    09-12-13 06:57 AM
    No....the lock screen appears normally, when I swipe up, rather than getting the pw screen, I get the "blank screen". Can't seem to get the device to progress beyond that point to enter password and get to any of the app/hub screens.
    Wow never heard of that. Def sounds like os needs to be reloaded. :sad:

AT&T Z10
    slalom likes this.
    09-12-13 07:00 AM
    Tried a few reboots .... doesn't seem to help.

Also...when the device was working, Link was turned off so I'm not sure I'll be able to reload that way.
    If you can't reload that way, then grab an Autoloader from the leaks section. Stick to 10.1.0.4xxx if you might be using the warranty. Otherwise, if you understand the beta process and how a few bugs may be present, 10.2 builds have a ton more features and improved battery life.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    slalom likes this.
    09-12-13 07:02 AM
    Actually since this is a replacement and was a referb im sure I'd get it replaced.

AT&T Z10
    09-12-13 07:15 AM
    Its bizarre....the pw screen has presented itself a few times and the device works perfectly. Now it is "frozen" again. I get the security screen, then a blank screen and I can't swipe anywhere.

Will try reloading the OS and see what happens.
    Attached Thumbnails Somehow I got a blank app screen!-wp_20130913_002-1-.jpg   Somehow I got a blank app screen!-wp_20130913_003-1-.jpg  
    09-13-13 09:32 AM
    Absolutely reload device software any-which-way you can! (Link or Leak). I'm confident this should resolve your issue. If not get that thing replaced!

Think I had this happen with a very old OS once upon a time, a reboot sorted it out. While at it, try removing your SD Card and trying again?

Posted via CB10
    slalom likes this.
    09-13-13 09:39 AM
    O/S Software reload through link on a USB cable worked, though I had to re-establish connection to all of my email through corporate IT.

Thanks for all the help
    sgt_snacks-64 likes this.
    09-17-13 08:55 AM
    O/S Software reload through link on a USB cable worked, though I had to re-establish connection to all of my email through corporate IT.

Thanks for all the help
    Spoke a little too soon. The device fired up fine after the reload, but any time I shut it down - either using the power off/restart button, or do a battery pull, I get the same problem. If I restart the device say 5-10 times, eventually it will come up and give me the password screen and work normally, but the vast majority of the restarts result in a lock screen/blank screen with no apparent way to get to applications.

This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to restart the device fairly regularly, but I do for two reasons:

1. To switch batteries, since the Z10 really only lasts through the day if you don't actually use it much, and
    2. Because of the problem described here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-data-847695/

I think my only hope now is to see if I can get the device replaced. Will post any solution after I speak with BlackBerry.
    09-21-13 09:09 AM
    I want a blank screen,...to show off my carbon fiber wallpaper.

JMDZ10
    09-21-13 09:58 AM
    So, my BB experience just goes from bad to worse. My problem with reboots to a blank screen continue - usually it takes about 5 reboots once the device is shut down, to get it to a point where I will see be able to enter my pw and see applications. Last night, while I was standing on a street corner waiting trying to contact a car service that was scheduled to pick me up, it took 25 reboots! Why haven't I replaced the device? Blackberry told me on September 23 that they were sending a replacement.

Since then, here is a rough chronology:

Called on 2013-09-23 to replace defective device

11:30 a.m. spent over 90 minutes on the phone resulting in reinstall of O/S.

3EA-FB6 - Incident # created by Help screen

Case #

1:45 p.m.

Called back since problem persisted to get replacement device

Tech answered (Sebastian) asked for 2-3 minutes to review notes.

I hung up after 60 minutes without any response. Will need to call back later.

Called back 18:35. Tech first tells me to call carrier, then puts me on hold (for 5 minutes)

Tells me the ticket was closed earlier today

New Ticket Number - advanced exchange authorized - responded to email with delivery details in email with subject RE: INC0000(ticket#)

Called 2013-10-04 since replacement device still not received -
    10:05 a.m. after 3 minutes of dead air, hung up
    10:12 a.m. - someone answered quickly, but wrong department so put on hold at 10:14. 10:21 original CSR came off hold to ask me to hang on. After 30 minutes call dropped.

Called back 10-21-2014 11:55 a.m.

Ticket number ######

They dropped my call. Called back at 11:00

Again, the IVR takes me to the wrong department

Put on hold at 11:02

Came back at 11:18
    Insisted that they would call back this afternoon with update, status and expected delivery time of replacement.

No one called back.

Called back 2014-10-22

After no call back from 10/21 - called back 9:29 a.m.
    After being on hold while case notes are reviewed at 9:44 - the line went dead
    I did give the CSR a "call back" number but no call is forthcoming

Called back again at 9:50

Put on hold at 9:54 a.m. while CSR went to check notes/status. Said he'd be back in <5 minutes. I gave the CSR my phone number and told them to call me back if my call gets dropped.

10:00 - still on hold
    10:05 - still on hold
    10:10 - still on hold
    10:13 - recorded hold message stops and it sounds like I have been disconnected
    10:16 - hung up and called back - Got a Sergio - Sergio cut off the call at 10:22
    10:23 - called back - got Paul - Switched to Supervisor Louis at 10:37

Louis gave lengthy apology, and said there was some problem in their system that he hadn't seen that prevented the return from properly processed. He promised it would be resolved within 5 business days and that he'd send me an email every day with progress.

Do I believe him? Not really.

My firm only gives a choice of iPhone or BB.....I really don't want an iPhone but if this isn't fixed soon I don't have much choice!

Over a month since I was told a replacement was being processed....several hours on the phone....and I still have a device that is marginally functional!

Sorry for the long vent!

Quick update - Louis never called me back. I called back on November 12 (over 2 weeks since I was promised 24 hour notification and 5 day resolution), and the new CSR spoke to a supervisor and said she'd be back to me with a solution within 24 hours. That only took 35 minutes on the phone.

Do I believe her?

Last edited by slalom; 11-12-13 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Update info
    10-22-13 10:13 AM