Okay I have had the Z10 for about a week now. I love the speed, getting used to the size, the new look of how I can look at some of my favorite apps. Still trying to get my head around the on screen typing. And am enjoying the voice control.

A couple of things I am finding irritating that I have not seen anybody else mention and wondering if there is a work around for that I have not found yet are.

First is the predictive text.
    Why does it always give you the "plural" version of the word first. For example if I want to type the word "disaster ", I start typing Disas . When I get to this point the suggested word is "Disasters" .So I am still stuck typing the entire word. Now this does not happen every time for the same word but it happens at least one word of every sentence I try to type. And as you all know it is not the easiest phone to try and do spelling corrections on.

Now the biggest pain for me is trying to leave a text conversation.
    When you are done typing and talking the keyboard is still on the screen so you can't just side swipe to the hub. I have to repeatedly two finger swipe down to close the keyboard so I can then side swipe out of the conversation. I know we can always just swipe up to close the text Window but sometimes I am having text conversations between more than 2 people and would like to be able to just swipe between them. Do any of you know of an easier way to leave a conversation without closing it, or at least be able to tell me an easier way to close the keyboard.

My last question is what is the little magnifying glass for that pops up in text fields. I have no clue what that tying is suppose to do.

Thanks in advance to all who respond.
    02-24-13 07:40 PM
    I have noticed the same thing with predictive text. Give it some time to learn how you type. In all honesty I find auto correct so good I usually just hammer out my messages and only use autocomplete for really long words.

Swapping between text messages is pretty good for me. Even with the keyboard still visible I'm able to swipe using the top portion of the screen to both minimize the keyboard and go back to the hub. Try swiping higher up on the screen. It should let you go back without having to minimize the keyboard first.
    craigs likes this.
    02-24-13 07:49 PM
    Swiping back from a text should work. Instead of a 2 finger pull down just tap into the conversation somewhere. That should drop down the keyboard

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 07:53 PM
    Thanks guys. That seems to help. Guess my thumb was just a little too short to reach all the way to the left bezel to swipe. With my 9900 I was always a one handed texter so this little bit wider phone makes it a little bit more difficult to navigate the way I am used to. The tapping on the conversation worked to close the keyboard.

Now can anybody explain what the little magnifying glass is used for?
    02-24-13 08:02 PM
    With the magnifying glass, u can drag the cursor back n forth within the text for editing...atleast thats what i have noticed n understood!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 08:07 PM