BB10 is not completely new. Been around on the Playbook for a while. I think they had plenty of time to improve their software. I like my Z10 because i have a different phone for weekends. I love the Phone and Messaging performance and features (except for slow Facebook chat delays - 15-20 minutes). If the Z10 was my only phone and i didn't have tablets (N7 and iPad Mini) i would be quite disappointed in this phone.
    You are mistaken... BB10 is not on the PlayBook. Soon, not yet...
    04-16-13 02:50 PM
    I'm glad you think it's funny, but when you are running a business and this stuff is happening and it impacts your business it really isn't.
    This weird because most people haven't had these problems and if they did wouldn't they take the phone back for a replacement?
    I would not **** around trying to make a lemon work, I'd get it replaced PDQ. I wouldn't waste my time ******** on a forum that has BlackBerry fans either. That's just asking for a confrontation. So take it back my friend.
    04-16-13 04:27 PM
    This weird because most people haven't had these problems and if they did wouldn't they take the phone back for a replacement?
    I would not **** around trying to make a lemon work, I'd get it replaced PDQ. I wouldn't waste my time ******** on a forum that has BlackBerry fans either. That's just asking for a confrontation. So take it back my friend.
    Last time I checked this forum isn't just for kissing Blackberry's ***. If I can't vent frustration here then what is this forum for? And if you read through the threads people have made multiple returns and are still having these issues.

And when you say most people haven't had these problems, look around the forum. These threads are are everywhere and pretending that it isn't an issue is ridiculous.

I know I know, it's a first generation device and I have to expect issues and should be happy that Blackberry gave us a new phone to begin with, and I have a lemon and if intake it back I won't get one with these issues, and reboots are ok I just need to wait for an update, and this is an isolated incident, and how could I expect Blackberry to deliver a phone without issues, and no one else's battery sucks, and the list goes on and on.......
    04-16-13 04:37 PM
    Hey, from one IT geek to another...
    Check out what I found on BB World:
    BlackBerry World - System Information
    Awesome! Thank you!

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-16-13 05:06 PM
    It seems that most of the affected phones are on us carriers.
    04-16-13 05:21 PM
    I had issues with duplicate contacts, random rebooting, and battery life as well. I did a device wipe, made sure to only sync my google contacts (turned off syncing with other email accounts and got rid of backup assistant) and went through and cleaned those up. I had to go through about four times as some contacts would not stay erased. But now I don't have duplicates and deleted contacts are not coming back. I still have random reboots (not as often), but from what I can tell from the forums, it seems to be a software issue (I'm on Verizon) and I'm confident that will be fixed through an update. For battery life, I now make sure to turn off wifi and bluetooth when they're not needed and I'm quite pleased with the battery. If my business depended on my phone's reliability, at this point, I'd be rocking a 9930 as my backup while some of these minor issues get fixed. Despite these hiccups, I love the Z10 and was expecting the quirks that came with it (maybe you've never owned a first gen device from another platform?). I hope your issues get resolved soon OP! I've been very impressed with the Z10 and it's quite functional even with the reboots. After dealing with reboot times from the legacy devices all these years, the Z10 reboot time doesn't bother me at all! Lol!
    04-16-13 08:40 PM
    I'm with you on they losing a loyal customer. I have been waiting on this phone for 2 years an now, my phone is rebooting more than my bold 9930 that I had, I'm giving them till the end of the month to fix the problem if it's not fixed by then I'm out... Oh I heard it's just us verizon customers who are having this problem...
    04-16-13 08:46 PM
    My wife's Z10 is also doing the reboot thing. She is on Rogers here in Canada, so no it is not just an American problem. Not a deal breaker by any means.. yet. That being said, everything else works extremely well. Cant wait for my contract to be up to get my own.
    04-16-13 09:51 PM
    My wife's Z10 is also doing the reboot thing. She is on Rogers here in Canada, so no it is not just an American problem. Not a deal breaker by any means.. yet. That being said, everything else works extremely well. Cant wait for my contract to be up to get my own.
    Wow, you guys are having a lot of reboots huh. I got mine from UK on 14th Feb. And since then I have not experienced any reboots or any one of the problems the thread has brought in. Not once. I guess you could say it's happening to the phones outside UK?

EDIT: Oh and mine's sim free. I guess that adds to it being problem free.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 12:41 AM
    The problem is that it's not 2007 and when the iPhone launched it was aimed at the ipod generation, not the business sector.

Blackberry can't hide behind the first generation crap, it's been making phones forever.

This needed to be right from the start - forget the apps, the phone needs to work.
    Absolutely +1. It's stunning how many people here are still trotting out the old 'it's a brand new OS, the iPhone had blah blah when it first came out'. Do people really not understand that this is totally immaterial? This isn't 2007. The standard has been set and people expect new players at the big table to meet them. That's where BBRY sat down when it came out with a $700 super phone. The big table.

I actually still believe that BBRY can pull this thing off, even with the questionable decisions that have been made putting this phone together, and the carrier issues in the US (whatever they may be). I'm just so sick of this ridiculous argument, which totally ignores the fact that the playing field is totally different than '07 and these devices are expected to be functional right out of the box.
    Emir Zulkharnain likes this.
    04-17-13 01:40 AM
    The reboots are only happening in the states on what looks like Verizon and t mobile. Outside of the US of A most of the complaints are with apps and a few UI features that are missing from OS7. Otherwise 95% of Z10 absolutely love their phone.

Man, OP is pretty harsh on blackberry here. I can attest that BB10 is miles further then an early build of android, are you kidding with that statement? I hope so

Blackberry built a new OS in two years, an accomplishment that took both Apple and Google nearly 5 years in Development before release. Why is it that you think everything is magical in the world of technology. Did you write off apple in the 90's when it was looking at bankruptcy and releasing garbage computers?

Blackberry team 12'000 employees strong
    Android team 20'000 strong
    Apple team 32'000 + store employees

Most people thankfully don't think like you OP and are looking at the overall picture that were still on 10.0. Come back after 10.7 and vent your frustrations when it would be deserved

In all honesty the average customer couldn't give a flying funk about how many people work at blackberry. We've paid for what we assumed was a premium phone and expect it to be have like one. Honestly the fanboy'ism bs that's goes on in these forums us really outstanding..
    04-17-13 08:20 AM
    OK those saying reboots are only the USA and or only Verizon look at the poll.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-790724/

The non VZW is almost even with VZW. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the non VZW were somewhere other than the USA.
    04-17-13 08:42 AM
    OK those saying reboots are only the USA and or only Verizon look at the poll.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-790724/

The non VZW is almost even with VZW. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the non VZW were somewhere other than the USA.

I got my ATT replacement yesterday, no reboots so far..my other z10 used to reboot 3 times per day by itself
    04-17-13 09:03 AM
    When did you buy this phone?
    Honestly I've had NONE of the problems stated in this thread. My battery is as good as ever, no reboots, no texting lag, nothing whatsoever.

Your 'rant' could have been more constructive. Nothing you state can't be fixed with an update. When people buy a new device, and in this case a brand new OS, they need to know the consequences.
    I did my homework before I bought the phone, that worked out for me. So much for procrastination.

Posted via CB10
    I recently got the reboot hit. One during the day at Starbucks (Monday) and one during overnight charge (last night). Before it was none. I got mine day one (Verizon).
    04-17-13 10:00 AM
    Not to excuse blackberry. There are bugs and they know that. They need to work fast over the next 6-12 months to get the phone working to its full potential.

But if your phone is that critical to your business then should you not be more careful when upgrading? Maybe stay clear of being an early adopter for tech as their are always bugs to iron out.

Posted via CB10
    They know about the reboot and are working 24/7 to fix for 10.1 update before Q10 release
    04-17-13 10:03 AM
    I agree wholeheartedly. I actually thought these were things that were only happening to me. Yesterday, I deleted an obsolete contact. Lo and behold, EVERY contact was gone. There was only that white blank screen staring at me. I had to endure that interminable wait to shut the phone down and re-boot it 3 times before my contact list came back. I timed the re-boot, 2 minutes 30 seconds! Who does this?? Maybe a company on the brink that's willing to sacrifice basic, solid performance? I find there are more and serious problems daily. 3 days ago, calls weren't ringing. Texts aren't coming through. Earlier reports on ring tone problems, contacts disappearing and partially re-appearing, I've just about had enough. I'm not one to jump to the newest anything, but, my previous experiences with Blackberry drove me to forgo my previous cautiousness. Bad move on my part and shame on Blackberry.
    04-17-13 10:06 AM
    Ya ya ya... Just learn to be smarter than the phone, I run a business as well with NO problems what so ever and if I do have one I don't come here crying the sky is falling. Maybe do some research BEFORE buying something might save you some UN-needed stress.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    Yeah you are right. I should have done more research to find out that the phone will randomly reboot several times a day. Great point you Titan of business!
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-17-13 10:18 AM
    The reboots are only happening in the states on what looks like Verizon and t mobile. Outside of the US of A most of the complaints are with apps and a few UI features that are missing from OS7. Otherwise 95% of Z10 absolutely love their phone.

Man, OP is pretty harsh on blackberry here. I can attest that BB10 is miles further then an early build of android, are you kidding with that statement? I hope so

Blackberry built a new OS in two years, an accomplishment that took both Apple and Google nearly 5 years in Development before release. Why is it that you think everything is magical in the world of technology. Did you write off apple in the 90's when it was looking at bankruptcy and releasing garbage computers?

Blackberry team 12'000 employees strong
    Android team 20'000 strong
    Apple team 32'000 + store employees

Most people thankfully don't think like you OP and are looking at the overall picture that were still on 10.0. Come back after 10.7 and vent your frustrations when it would be deserved
    I'm on ATT and I have been having randoms reboots since the latest update.
    04-17-13 11:40 AM
    I used T-mobile also. it's not only random reboots, but also dead, so I need to replace the phone last week. lol
    04-17-13 11:51 AM
    No, I'm restricting the number if apps I load. I'm monitoring memory the old fashioned way, slide down from top for settings, about, click on Hardware. Take note of memory. I can see a clear leak develop even when the only app on active frame is Battery Guru.
    Are you suggesting this might be Battery Guru that's leaking? If so, can you quantify what you're seeing please?

By the way (and unrelated to that app), I'd be cautious using the primitive memory readout in the Settings under Hardware as an indicator of memory leaking, in any case, unless it showed a steady progression from X towards 0 over the course of a day. And at some point where memory was particular low, the OS started forcibly closing apps and (if it was the OS itself at fault) eventually dying completely.

If you're just observing, for example, that you've "lost" a few tens of megabytes over the course of a day, that's not necessarily a sign of anything other than the usual behaviour of the OS as it performs caching of files and other normal activities.
    04-17-13 08:02 PM
    Are you suggesting this might be Battery Guru that's leaking? If so, can you quantify what you're seeing please?

By the way (and unrelated to that app), I'd be cautious using the primitive memory readout in the Settings under Hardware as an indicator of memory leaking, in any case, unless it showed a steady progression from X towards 0 over the course of a day. And at some point where memory was particular low, the OS started forcibly closing apps and (if it was the OS itself at fault) eventually dying completely.

If you're just observing, for example, that you've "lost" a few tens of megabytes over the course of a day, that's not necessarily a sign of anything other than the usual behaviour of the OS as it performs caching of files and other normal activities.
    Oh NO!!!! Not Battery Guru!!!!! I had other apps that I'm not reloading, Tapatalk, MSNBC, Where's My Bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-17-13 08:15 PM
    I'm with you on they losing a loyal customer. I have been waiting on this phone for 2 years an now, my phone is rebooting more than my bold 9930 that I had, I'm giving them till the end of the month to fix the problem if it's not fixed by then I'm out... Oh I heard it's just us verizon customers who are having this problem...
    Interesting that the "loyal customers" have really low post counts on Crackberry

To be fair, I got hit by the random restart problem today (thrice afaik), after almost two weeks of flawless operation (well, apart from some contact duplication, but I blame that on Yahoo, also because they don't support IMAP IDLE properly it seems). Yes, I am feeling some amount of frustration and annoyance, but I will be working together with the rest of the community to try to pinpoint the various causes, instead of making a scene about it. It's probably some Android app doing something that it shouldn't be doing... I'm definitely leaning towards it being carrier or app related at this stage.

EDIT: Make that at least four times today...I just got to watch it reboot again.
    Last edited by deltact; 04-17-13 at 09:08 PM. Reason: incremented reboot count
    04-17-13 09:03 PM
    Everyone from the us always talks about no random reboots. If you go into the About Hardware section on your phone and snapshot the last boot time. I don't have problems during the day, but every 1-2 nights lo and behold, my phone has rebooted. I'm not mad about it, but it's just plain weird.
    Some Issues with reboots and contacts-img_00000033.png
    Some Issues with reboots and contacts-img_00000034.png
    Some Issues with reboots and contacts-img_00000050.png

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:24 PM
    04-17-13 11:43 PM
    I'm also from Canada. Had my beauty since Feb. 25th on Telus, only issue I've had is double contacts (couple of times).I'm on update 10.0.10.85, anxiously waiting for 10.1
    04-17-13 11:47 PM
152 ... 4567