I never heard that this was going to be a perfect device. That was never a claim and anyone with any smarts would have known that is impossible. Can you name even one PERFECT phone?
    Come on. If your car did this or your TV you would take it back.

If not, then you are enabling bad workmanship and half backed products.

Looks like GSM was and continues to be ahead of CDMA in the OS area and testing.

CDMA was late out of the FCC. A change was made in the OS to gain this FCC approval. Or hardware change which prompted the quick OS change and it's wonderful issues

They have a number of bugs that cropped up.

My thoughts while on 2nd rebooting 004 and two incidents working with Verizon and BlackBerry.

Again execution bites BlackBerry in the backside.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-16-13 09:00 AM

Looks like GSM was and continues to be ahead of CDMA in the OS area and testing.

CDMA was late out of the FCC. A change was made in the OS to gain this FCC approval. Or hardware change which prompted the quick OS change and it's wonderful issues

My thoughts while on 2nd rebooting 004 and two incidents working with Verizon and BlackBerry.

Tim

Hmmm...never seems to get much attention when it happens to Apple.
    04-16-13 09:07 AM
    Ya some people have reported issues but no one has reported having all of what you posted at once. So your just repeating what others have said and pretending having them

I for one have had it since the Canadian release, my only issue was the duplicates contacts with Gmail, I switch everything to Google and the problem was taken care of.

No reboot, no sms lag, no over heating and battery is doing fine so far.

Posted via CB10
    Except for the mail duplication, I have had every issue he reported. Most went away except the reboots. I believe he is genuine, no reason to doubt him.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-16-13 09:15 AM

Tim

04-16-13 09:20 AM
    You would think someone with a title such as "Crackberry Master" would know better than to post a pointless rant in the forums. Have you exchanged your device for another to ensure it was not a problem with the individual device vs all of the Z10 world? Do you have 3rd Party apps? Have you gone through the steps to confirm that any of your apps are not the culprit of the battery drain or rebooting issues? Have you done a security swipe and reload of the OS to confirm it wasn't just a bad OS load? Have you updated your OS as the updates were made available? Have you attempted to remedy ANY of your issues via help of these forums, your service provider, BBRY, etc ?? I could fill this box with Q&A's that I'm sure eventually will resolve some if not ALL of your personally claimed Z10 issues.

Go into the Android and Apple forums and I can guarantee you will find posts similar to this one too. Moral of the story, not every single manufactured device is absolutely perfect out of the box regardless of the platform. Good luck finding one that is because apparently that seems to be the only quality you will tolerate.
    04-16-13 09:23 AM
    I had three reboots on my first Z10. I purchased it on the release date. Exchange phone during 14 day buyer remorse period (AT&T). No rebooting issues since then. I agree that the system needs some work, but overall my experience has been good.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:37 AM
    You would think someone with a title such as "Crackberry Master" would know better than to post a pointless rant in the forums. Have you exchanged your device for another to ensure it was not a problem with the individual device vs all of the Z10 world? Do you have 3rd Party apps? Have you gone through the steps to confirm that any of your apps are not the culprit of the battery drain or rebooting issues? Have you done a security swipe and reload of the OS to confirm it wasn't just a bad OS load? Have you updated your OS as the updates were made available? Have you attempted to remedy ANY of your issues via help of these forums, your service provider, BBRY, etc ?? I could fill this box with Q&A's that I'm sure eventually will resolve some if not ALL of your personally claimed Z10 issues.

Go into the Android and Apple forums and I can guarantee you will find posts similar to this one too. Moral of the story, not every single manufactured device is absolutely perfect out of the box regardless of the platform. Good luck finding one that is because apparently that seems to be the only quality you will tolerate.
    As I said, I don't have any third party apps on the phone. It amazes me that when someone posts something negative in here there are labeled as a troll and someone who doesn't own the device.

As a said earlier, I have been a member here since 2007 and have always supported Blackberry and their phones.

And to your other point, I realize there is no perfect phone, but being perfect and just working properly are two different things. I can deal with imperfections, but it's tough to deal with random reboots, especially when you are on the phone with customers.

I've already stated my point in my last post so I won't repeat myself again, but to me it's not fair to compare this to the iPhone when they launched it. Apple had never been in the phone business and while it was lacking features it still worked properly. If RIM ever built a computer then I would give them a little slack for starting something completely out of their element. But phones is what they do and I guess I expect a little more out of them, first device or not.
    04-16-13 09:38 AM
    I�m having the same issues with my Z10, except for the battery which lasts much longer since I disabled the touch-unlock.
    And I can confirm that the random reboots are also happening in Europe. It seems not to be related to the US. Although doubbled contacts can be solved by linking them but this is a pain in the **** if I have to do some workarounds like that.
    But I�m still hoping that the OS update will solve some of the issues..
    04-16-13 09:43 AM
    Again, lets hear the answer....wait for the update...
    Thats what everyone says here....kinda sounding like iPhone people....
    Same scenario, different product....
    I hate Blackberry and I hate iPhone...
    But I have both....what gives....
    04-16-13 09:46 AM
    Maybe I am blind...but I sure know a heck of a lot of users with iphone and never heard of the crashing and rebooting on their own...at least if they were not jailbroken. I'm sure it happens, but I have never heard of it. Even on their initial release. I know they had some issues with things missing, but crashing I don't remember.

04-16-13 09:50 AM
    I wonder if the OP has ever heard of a warranty exchange....or is at all familiar with any computerized devices(some individual devices could be faulty)...the post seems to say "nah"
    04-16-13 10:37 AM
    For what it is worth I am currently on a DROID RAZR maxx and have had duplicate and triplicate contacts for over a year. I know that is not something you probably want to hear but I mention it to remind everyone that all platforms have their issues.

And I will gladly upgrade to the z10 when my upgrade is available in a few weeks even though I know there are certain issues with the new OS that may bug me. Overall I like how blackberry handles mobile OSs the best.
    04-16-13 10:44 AM
    TS in my reading in other forums, might want to check on some thing I hope would help on the reboots:
    - SD Cards from Old BB: some suggested to move the data in SD card to the computer, then format the SD card from z10 before moving back the files again.
    - Backup your z10 in the computer and reload the software from scratch. As a last resort, try not using your old data that you imported from your 9900 to see if you experience any differently (start fresh). Just move your contacts by syncing through gmail.
    - Faulty Sim Cards: maybe not high chance but might as well try replacing it to see if it works.

I had some of my friends have long delays when sending texts but usually those who use text alot though i recommend to delete old messages to see if that helps.

Good luck.
    04-16-13 11:16 AM
    i love how when people complain about a legitimate problem one of the first responses is "oh well my phone hasnt had any of those problems, its fast, battery life is perfect, its the best" essentially dismissing the complainant's problems without actually adding any valuable input, in denial that problems can actually exist with the z10. Oh and all this stuff about ohhh its first gen, look at the iphone when it was first gen, why on earth would you want to repeat another company's mistakes that they themselves have corrected. It's a lame excuse, stop using it.
    mset likes this.
    04-16-13 11:17 AM
    Wrong! I am facing the same issue. Battery life is weak. - dimmed back light from the get go, disable lock gestures., even leave network on 4g sometimes. Duplicate contacts is a big problem. How inefficient. So much temptation from the s4 now. I was a strong BB believer, but rolling out updates is rather slow.

OP is right cannot continue to do business like this. Q10 looks promising.
    04-16-13 11:30 AM
    Wow, I am really surprise at the amount of people that are experiencing issues with their devices. I do not mind the 30-day email (again I said ME, not you), because we have a 45-days retention policy on emails. The 30-days limit that's removed from the device still lives on my desktop in Outlook. I have seen my device reboot for no reason (meaning my battery has power, no apps running in the background, other than emails, etc) but is it enough for me to come on here and start to ***** about how stupid this phone is? F-NO. I deal with it until BB sends an update to the phone. I would totally understand if after the update people are still experiencing the same issues and wanna ***** then ok, but just be patience. I am in the US so I know about the waiting game... This is my $0.02 (again not yours)!
    04-16-13 11:39 AM
    I honestly think the reboots is an issue with apps hanging and causing memory leaks. I've noticed a drop in memory and immediately after there is a reboot.
    What are you using to monitor memory usage. I've been wanting to do the same thing. Are you using an app or is there somewhere on the phone that I should be looking?
    04-16-13 11:52 AM
    What type of network do Koodo and Wind have? Here in the US most of the issues are with CDMA.

Everyone around me with a Z10 has had at least one instance of the phone randomly rebooting. I'm personally on my second Z10 (first from Koodo, second from Wind) and they booth reboot automatically and sometimes the device won't wake up so you'll have to manually reboot it to get it to work again. I do not have issues with battery life. But for the device to be put in the same league as the iPhone or galaxy, it can't be rebooting manually or freezing. This is unacceptable and being a first generation bb10 makes no difference to a consumer who is obviously going to demand the best in the market because he is still paying the same price as the other phones that do work flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 12:21 PM
    What are you using to monitor memory usage. I've been wanting to do the same thing. Are you using an app or is there somewhere on the phone that I should be looking?
    No, I'm restricting the number if apps I load. I'm monitoring memory the old fashioned way, slide down from top for settings, about, click on Hardware. Take note of memory. I can see a clear leak develop even when the only app on active frame is Battery Guru.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 12:26 PM
    I'm with you. I said very early on that the z10 is more like a first generation iPhone than a new and modern smartphone.

I woke up 2 hours late this morning because sometime during the night my device locked up. It was just frozen in time. I had to do a battery pull to get on with the day.

With all the glitches and failures of the phone- and they're all here on CB to read through - I can't in good conscious recommend it either.

Posted via CB10
    Power button didn't work to reboot it?

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-16-13 12:39 PM
    No, I'm restricting the number if apps I load. I'm monitoring memory the old fashioned way, slide down from top for settings, about, click on Hardware. Take note of memory. I can see a clear leak develop even when the only app on active frame is Battery Guru.

Posted via CB10
    Finally someone doing research.

04-16-13 12:40 PM
    Finally someone doing research.

hehehehe.....I'm an IT geek.....
    04-16-13 01:14 PM
    There is no such thing as a perfect device, especially a first generation device on a first generation OS. It is not just BlackBerry... People conveniently forget the issues the first generation iPhone and other first generation devices had. This is a very good device with a few issues that will be addressed as updates to the OS are released.
    The bold part was enough said!
    dslocumb likes this.
    04-16-13 01:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey, from one IT geek to another...
    Check out what I found on BB World:
    BlackBerry World - System Information
    04-16-13 02:32 PM
    Oh WOW!!!!!!

Awesome!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

*toes curl*

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 02:42 PM
152 ... 34567